Windows 10: random 1 second freezes

Discus and support random 1 second freezes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 when it came out and have since experienced random 1 second freezes. I then started looking what might cause it and found out... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by jateu, Aug 10, 2015.

1. jateu Win User

random 1 second freezes

I installed windows 10 when it came out and have since experienced random 1 second freezes. I then started looking what might cause it and found out that every time my PC freezes systems CPU usage goes up by 20%. I then looked with Process Monitor what is happening and saw it was doing only this (https://i.imgur.com/a5CfsIF.png). At that time system doesn't do anything else and freezes.

Path for it
    HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a01-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}\28

Things i have done

sfc /scannow
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    LatencyMon(netbt.sys when freeze happens)
    Bios update
    driver updates

I know it has something to do with my LAN driver but both versions that are for windows 10 don't work.
    This only happens when my network connection is in heavy use.

:)

jateu, Aug 10, 2015

2. Game freezes Yahoo games General War

Screen is now starting to partially black out during game play. This occurs in full screen mode, the game pulls up the different scenes (battles) and the freezing begins. This has morphed into blackouts on the battle scene. These blackouts are for a
    second or so and cover approximately 1/3 of the screen in random diagonal, hexagonal, octagonal and combinations thereof, order.

cvillecolt, Aug 10, 2015
  3. Pointer Keeps Freezing

I followed your instructions. It is better. The freezing isn't as random. When I start Explorer it takes a few seconds for Explorer to load and then about 5 more seconds for the pointer to become active.

So it is not OK. This was never an issue in 8.1.

Berg_virginia, Aug 10, 2015
  4. abocha Win User

random 1 second freezes

I experience the same 1 second freezes, although I didn't go that deep into the problem.
    Just saying that you're not the only one.

abocha, Aug 13, 2015
  5. blogwart Win User
    Same for me.

You say it might have to do with the LAN driver. What driver is that?

blogwart, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

random 1 second freezes

1. random 1 second freezes - Similar Threads - random second freezes

2. My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds: There used to be a beeping sound every 15 seconds as if you've unplugged and plugged back in a USB followed by it freezing for a second, but once i restarted my pc the beeping sound went away but it still freezes for a second. I just bought new RAM thinking thats the issue,...
  3. My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My pc freezes for 1 second every 15 seconds: There used to be a beeping sound every 15 seconds as if you've unplugged and plugged back in a USB followed by it freezing for a second, but once i restarted my pc the beeping sound went away but it still freezes for a second. I just bought new RAM thinking thats the issue,...
  4. Computer freezes randomly for ~1 second, sometimes audio cuts out.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes randomly for ~1 second, sometimes audio cuts out.: Processor: Intel Core i7-9700k @ 3.60GHz Memory: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz upgraded from 16GB to 32GB last week OS: Windows 10 Home - latest update as of 31/03/2021; GPU: Aorus GeForce RTX2070 Super 8GB SSD 970 Evo 250gb + 500gb & HDD Seagate Barracuda 2TB I'm...
  5. Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse and screen keep freezing up randomly for around 0.5 - 1 second: I was playing Spellbreak when this started happening. For context, I was using my GPU to mine ethereum for about 4 weeks prior to this. I would leave my computer running overnight using a program called MSI Afterburner to limit power to 80%, memory clock to 699 MHz, and...
  6. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  7. Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows freezes for 1 second every 5 seconds: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  8. Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop freezes every 5 seconds for 1 second: My friend asked me too have a look at his laptop as it was really slow, i ran some tests and determined his HDD was failing so recommended he got an SSD upgrade, so he bought one and i installed windows 10 for him, his laptop came shipped with windows 10 home, so i installed...
  9. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.....
  10. Random freezing for few seconds

in Windows 10 Support
    Random freezing for few seconds: I have many things opened like browser, TV card playing some TV show.. and some other apps etc.. I notice that I would randomly get these temporary freezes for a few seconds.. which causes audio to also get that laggy sound, like a broken record etc or scratch cd etc.. Not...