Windows 10: Random Audio/Sound Failure

Discus and support Random Audio/Sound Failure in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I make an internet connection there is a random success/failure rate for my audio feature. In effect, I sometime achieve the sound on my internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mark McL, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Mark McL Win User

Random Audio/Sound Failure

When I make an internet connection there is a random success/failure rate for my audio feature. In effect, I sometime achieve the sound on my internet connection but other times there is no sound. As yet, I have not discovered if their is common factor for the failures.
    Consequently I am looking for information/advice on how to insure I automatically get audio where the web has sound. Please advise,

Regards,

:)

Mark McL, Jul 14, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

"High Definition Audio" suggests you only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver rather than the correct sound hardware driver. If this is the case, install the correct sound driver as step 1.

fireberd, Jul 14, 2018
  3. No sound Audio

Hi Hubert,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps..

This issue might occur if some of the sound settings got corrupted.

I suggest you to try running audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search area on the taskbar and select
      Troubleshooting.

• Select Hardware and Sound.

• Select Playing Audio under
      Sound
      and follow the on screen.

For more information, refer to the below link:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Random Audio/Sound Failure

Audio and Sound

Hi Ethan,

This issue can be due to several reasons. Let's get your audio and sound issue sorted, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Press Windows key.
    • Type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Select Sound.
    • Go to Communications tab.
    • Click Do nothing.
    • Chose Apply and Ok.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Marilou Ser, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Random Audio/Sound Failure

1. Random Audio/Sound Failure - Similar Threads - Random Audio Sound

2. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.: I was using my computer normally and out of no where the audio/sound stops working randomly. I have tried re-installing audio drivers but my manufacturer Dell only gives drivers of my PC till windows 8, and i have windows 10.I ran the trouble-shooter, re-installed my graphics...
  3. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.: I was using my computer normally and out of no where the audio/sound stops working randomly. I have tried re-installing audio drivers but my manufacturer Dell only gives drivers of my PC till windows 8, and i have windows 10.I ran the trouble-shooter, re-installed my graphics...
  4. My audio/sound stopped working randomly. Help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random ding sound, audio is muted but still plays sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random ding sound, audio is muted but still plays sound: A couple weeks ago my computer's audio started acting weird. There would be a random dinging sound and the audio was louder than normal to the point where even with all audio sources muted it still plays sound. After this happened my computer also no longer picks up my...
  6. Sound failure

Sound failure: Since the recent W10 update Ican no longer hear my microphone or line/in inputs in my speakers/headphones. I have a virtual recording studio based on my PC and have had no problems for 15 years on several different PCs and Wondows versions. This issue means I cannot...
  7. Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio randomly slows down and sounds distorted / robotic.: Every 10 seconds or audio, regardless of source, (internet or music file) will have a "digital interruption" where the sound still comes through but slows down for a few seconds and sounds distorted like a robot is saying the words. It is not an internet issue, because an...
  8. Sound failures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound failures: With annoying frequency my sound stops working. No Skype sound either. I have tried everything I know. Any ideas? I have tried to isolate the occurrences but have not been able to detect a pattern...
  9. Random Audio/Sound Failure

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Audio/Sound Failure: When I make an internet connection there is a random success/failure rate for my audio feature. In effect, I sometime achieve the sound on my internet connection but other times there is no sound. As yet, I have not discovered if their is common factor for the failures....
  10. External Audio Interface Loss of Sound at Random

External Audio Interface Loss of Sound at Random: I've recently started experiencing a strange problem involving my Roland Duo-Capture Ex audio interface losing sound after a small period of time of it being on. The device itself will stay on and powered, as well as it being still visible under playback devices and in the...