Windows 10: Random "Bad system config info" errors after system restarts

Discus and support Random "Bad system config info" errors after system restarts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day I was hoping i could be assisted on the above matter. I started getting "bad system config info" errors on startup recently. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Coach81, Jul 21, 2018.

1. Coach81 Win User

Random "Bad system config info" errors after system restarts

Good day

I was hoping i could be assisted on the above matter.

I started getting "bad system config info" errors on startup recently. However, instead of my system constantly relooping at startup never to get into windows the issue does resolve itself at the BSOD then my system restarts again and i am able to get into windows from there no problem.

The problem is the issue is very random and difficult to replicate and the only thing in common is that it only happens on system reset or boot-up. Ive read help forums about booting into safe-mode and using the command-prompt to do chkdsk's and other diagnostics but those only seem to really help if you cant get into windows in the first place whereas i am able to.

I am wondering if i should be worrying about it as it doesnt happen after every restart. However the randomness does concern me a bit bearing in mind my system is only 2 weeks old. If there are any tips or advice that anyone could impart i would be grateful.

Kind regards

:)

Coach81, Jul 21, 2018

2. Bad system config info Windows 10

After i upgrade to W10, on a Toshiba Sattellite, L845 SP202, i5 4 gb RAM, i had no sound...

Then, when i restarted, it shows a blue screen with the Bad system config info...

I tried every step the system adviced, but nothing seems to work...

Not even go back to W7

Thanks!

dario hillman braun, Jul 21, 2018
  3. Bad System Config Info

Hi John,

Thanks so much for your suggestion. Sadly, the fixes did not work, and I'm still getting "bad system config info."

MS support is still not honoring phone calls reserved in advance/promises to call back in a few minutes-- must say I'm disappointed.

Any further ideas?

Connie

ConnieB37350, Jul 21, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

Bad System Config Info

We appreciate your response. The error, bad config info means that something is wrong with the registry on your PC and you'll need to return to a previous configuration. Kindly follow the steps below to perform a system restore:

• Turn off your PC by pressing and holding the power button, then turn it back on. When you see your PC manufacturer's logo, turn the PC off again. Repeat the process until you see
      Please wait.
    • Select Troubleshoot, then choose Advanced options >
      System Restore.
    • Choose an administrator account and enter the password. Select Continue.
    • Choose a restore point to restart your PC to. Select last known good configuration.
    • If you're still having trouble or if there's no restore point available, the last option we have is to
      reset your PC.

We'll be waiting for your response.

John Vil, Jul 21, 2018
Thema:

1. Random "Bad system config info" errors after system restarts - Similar Threads - Random Bad system

2. Bad system config info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad system config info: Hello! I have problem with my pc with hardware reserved ram and the blue screen "bad system config info". I have total 8gb ram and only 6 is usable.Then i saw videos and information to fix reserved ram in boot options in windows.After this change my ram still reserving 2 gb...
  3. Bad System Config-Info

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bad System Config-Info: My Laptop gave me the "Bad System Config Info" on the blue screen and after that the screen says "Preparing Automatic Repair" but never changes or shows any kind of loading after I let it sit over night. I have tried to launch into WinRE but it won't work no matter the method...
  4. Bad System Config Info Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad System Config Info Error: I was working on some school work when my computer suddenly crashed and restarted. The computer didn't even make it to my log in before it crashed again and again. Finally the computer went into the blue screen where it told me I had a bad system config info error. I have...
  5. Bad System Config Info

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bad System Config Info: It all started when I was playing Roblox and I closed it, after having some problems, I restarted it. Then it Blue Screened and gave me a Bad System Config Info error. Then, it went to "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete." I waited about 9 hours....
  6. Error Bad system config info

Error Bad system config info: After i stalling windows 10 ypdate I am recieveing a blue screen loop with error BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO. I have tried reseting only to get the another error saying there was a problem resetting. Start up repair brings me another error...
  7. Bad system config info

Bad system config info: Bad system config info https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/a004c111-41f4-410c-8858-294bdfcece64
  8. bad system config info

in Windows 10 Customization
    bad system config info: computer not booting in windows. get the message above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bad-system-config-info/0323eef5-9bcd-4ad7-9c64-12e201e88a24
  9. BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BAD SYSTEM CONFIG INFO: I’ve tried virtually everything I can find online and I’ve had enough of it. My computer has been in a “auto repair” “repair didn’t work” loop for like two weeks and I’m going insane, is there any way I can just use my computer and fix this? It doesn’t let me reset it and...
  10. "bad system config. info"

"bad system config. info": when i reboot my machine i get bad system config. info but after it goes the distance to 100% it reboots fine i am whitts end trying to figure this problem out, any help would be appreciated...