Windows 10: Random BSOD 2-5 times/day using various applications, new computer

Discus and support Random BSOD 2-5 times/day using various applications, new computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a brand new HP convertible laptop that came to me with Windows 10 installed. Have had frequent blue screen/restarts since buying 2 weeks ago. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TracyKPA, Feb 1, 2017.

1. TracyKPA Win User

Random BSOD 2-5 times/day using various applications, new computer

I have a brand new HP convertible laptop that came to me with Windows 10 installed. Have had frequent blue screen/restarts since buying 2 weeks ago. No apparent single application or activity that is the cause - it can happen just browsing for a file or even when I am not actively using the computer. Have applied all Windows updates and used the Blue Screen troubleshooter with no impact/no results.

Attaching DM Log Collector file. Please help.

Attachment 119424

:)

TracyKPA, Feb 1, 2017
  2. skip3119 Win User

After clean install of Win 10 several times, is it possible to go back to Win 7?

Clean-install is not the problem. I used a bootable windows 10 ISO disk.

Reformat the hard disk every time.

It works every time.

The problem is, after a few days, it gets bombed (BSOD).

The very first time, I put on all the application programs that I normally use.

With each BSOD, I installed fewer and fewer programs after each new clean install - until I have only Chrome browser installed. Still get BSOD.

Clean-installed at least 10 times. if not far more over the last 2 months - wasted a lot of time.

==================

I am investing my time to install all the applications on this Windows 7 computer. This computer (Gateway FX4710) will never touch Win 10 again.

My 2 other computers are living happily with Windows 10.

skip3119, Feb 1, 2017
  3. Gigamic Win User
    Various BSoD Errors After New System Build

I have been experiencing various BSoD errors after recently building a new PC. The errors themselves are varied but most seem to be related to 'ntoskernel.exe.' I am wondering if someone can help me interpret these minidump files as I am stumped at the moment.

DMPs – Google Drive

(link to minidump archive)

Things to note:

-I have tried running memtest (three passes over 5 hours) and it returned no errors.

-I did the sfc/scannow thing (no errors)

-The BSoDs seem to happen at random times. I've experienced them while starting up the computer, installing a game, watching a video. One even happened in sleep mode.

-The errors are infrequent (maybe once a day), but they are frequent enough to be an issue.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Gigamic, Feb 1, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello TracyKPA and welcome to TenForums *Smile

As this is so new are you able to take it back since the laptop is not fit for purpose.

All the events suggest memory corruption, this could be bad RAM or bad drivers but you should not have to be diagnosing this yourself on such a new machine.

philc43, Feb 1, 2017
Thema:

1. Random BSOD 2-5 times/day using various applications, new computer - Similar Threads - Random BSOD times

2. Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days: I have been getting BSOD errors for a few months now and I am trying to get to the bottom of why they are occurring. The large majority of BSOD errors occur at startup or shortly after logging in. I have not had any errors during prolonged use of the system. I noted down the...
  3. Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Various BSOD errors on startup every 2-3 days: I have been getting BSOD errors for a few months now and I am trying to get to the bottom of why they are occurring. The large majority of BSOD errors occur at startup or shortly after logging in. I have not had any errors during prolonged use of the system. I noted down the...
  4. Constant random BSOD's 5-25 times a day for a couple months now

Constant random BSOD's 5-25 times a day for a couple months now: As said in the subject, i have been having this horrible issue for some time, no pattern or any way of recreating. I have tried multi different ways from DV to os file checks to hardware replacement. Nothing works... i can have 10 windows open at the same time or even just...
  5. Various random BSODs throughout the day

Various random BSODs throughout the day: September of last year I updated majority of the parts in my system (motherboard, cpu, ram), and since then I've had random BSODs all pointing to different things at random intervals. Recently it hasn't been happening super frequently, but still occurs once in a while. I've...
  6. Random BSODs multiple times a day

Random BSODs multiple times a day: Good morning, My PC began experiencing period BSODs last week, accompanied by occasional non BSOD issues where the display would cut out and programs would display incorrectly, requiring a restart to correct. Initially I suspected the issue was my Nvidia drivers since I had...
  7. Pc Crashing About 2-5 times a day

Pc Crashing About 2-5 times a day: I want to ask if i should just erase everything on my pc because it keeps crashing and sometimes get stuck on the blue screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-crashing-about-2-5-times-a-day/923766b6-e794-44e7-a127-5bd6af88f872
  8. 5 BSOD in 5 days - nothing new installed

5 BSOD in 5 days - nothing new installed: hello to all, i'm new here so I hope I have posted correctly. I have had 5 bsods in 5 days and I have no idea why. I was simply writing a Word document each time. the last bsod happened after I walked away from my pc. hopefully I have correctly uploaded by dump files...
  9. Various BSODs/crashes at random times

Various BSODs/crashes at random times: I'm getting varying bluescreens and sometimes even crashes at random times. When these crashes occur, my screen just goes black and Windows starts normally as if nothing had happened, without leaving a dump file, whereas the bluescreens always leave one behind. The most...
  10. Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time

Random frequent BSOD with various cause and time: My PC seems to have BSOD at random moment, like when playing GTA V, watching youtube, or even 30 seconds after boot up idling, but sometime it can survive 5 hours without single BSOD.. The displayed BSOD cause are also random sometime it's DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, or...