Windows 10: Random BSOD After Nvida Driver Upgrade

Discus and support Random BSOD After Nvida Driver Upgrade in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am randomly getting the BSOD during everyday use after upgrading my Nvidia drivers to the latest version (gaming, browsing the web etc). I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by rileymd, Feb 10, 2017.

1. rileymd Win User

Random BSOD After Nvida Driver Upgrade

Hi,

I am randomly getting the BSOD during everyday use after upgrading my Nvidia drivers to the latest version (gaming, browsing the web etc). I would also occasionaly get a BSOD before I updated my drivers as well so not 100% sure what is is. Can you please look into my attached DM Log Collector files and let me know what the problem is.

Attachment 120761

Thanks,
    R

:)

rileymd, Feb 10, 2017

2. nvidia 9800m gts x2 sli setup : Your system has not been modified with no nvidia control panel

before I upgrade to win 10, sli 186.42 driver version was working in windows 8.1,

after I've upgraded only nvida geforce 9400m G is working,

after attempts of installing and unistalling nvida driver through ddu and device manager, BSOD !!!!!

dxgkrnl fatal error

please someone help me now

toshiba x300-15g

nvidia tri sli

nvidia geforce 9800m gts x2

nvida geforce 9400m G

4 GB RAM

shadi technica, Feb 10, 2017
  3. So this has happened to me 3 times within a weeks time if anyone can help ill be forever grateful

Theres no blue screen when it shuts down nor no error code on bsod and yes I put a new power supply into my computer along with Nvida 1070 gtx 3gb. I checked all my updates for my drivers and such but its at random when it just shuts down then restarts.
    If you'll like Ill send you my full build on my rig and see if theres something wrong or not compatible.

reckless98, Feb 10, 2017
  4. axe0 New Member

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Random BSOD After Nvida Driver Upgrade [​IMG]

5. There are different BSOD Codes, most of them point to drivers. But u should do am Memcheck too.

What do we have:

Code: 0x0000001E: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (23.01.2017 00:57:07) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: xusb22.sys [16.07.2016] * Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver driver * => Xbox 360 Controller for Windows | Microsoft Accessories athw8x.sys [28.01.2016] * Atheros Wireless LAN Driver * => Official site: Drivers | Qualcomm Rt630x64.sys [15.01.2015] * Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters * => Realtek Ndu.sys [16.07.2016] * Windows Network Data (Windows System File) PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS[/quote] Code: 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (26.01.2017 22:03:15) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: dxgmms2.sys [9.12.2016] * DirectX Graphics MMS nvlddmkm.sys [11.12.2016] * nVidia Video drivers * => Download Drivers | NVIDIA PROCESS: System Usual causes: Device driver[/quote] Code: 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (29.01.2017 21:44:21) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: memory_corruption PROCESS: MemCompression Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel[/quote] Code: 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (11.02.2017 11:48:34) [Windows 10] CAUSED BY: ntoskrnl intelppm.sys [16.07.2016] * Intel Processor driver * => Drivers & Software also at PROCESS: System Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility[/quote] So please update or roll back these drivers (update whole intel chipset please):

xusb22.sys [16.07.2016] * Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver driver * => Access Denied
    athw8x.sys [28.01.2016] * Atheros Wireless LAN Driver * => Official site: Drivers | Qualcomm
    Rt630x64.sys [15.01.2015] * Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters * => Realtek
    nvlddmkm.sys [11.12.2016] * nVidia Video drivers * => Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    intelppm.sys [16.07.2016] * Intel Processor driver * => Drivers & Software

AND please do a memtest too:

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

BSODHunter, Feb 12, 2017
  6. axe0 New Member
    I think there's something going on that's more difficult to track down than faulty memory or driver issues.
    I think I've found a 'bit flip' with a single bit in either of the dumps which may result in a faulty CPU or motherboard, but I do need some more information about the system because there is also a chance that the PSU may be causing issues.

Different kind of BSOD crashes + various of drivers being blamed is usually not caused by faulty memory AFAIK, hence why I asked for system information and did not yet provide any suggestion *Smile

7. sorry im a little bit too motivated sometimes Random BSOD After Nvida Driver Upgrade :) would be nice if I can something learn from you.

BSODHunter, Feb 12, 2017
  8. axe0 New Member

I undestand ya, I've had the same thing when I started *Wink

I'll tell you, the best way to learn is to try to understand what exactly happened that the system had to shut down.

9. Is there any news or did you fix the problem?

BSODHunter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD After Nvida Driver Upgrade - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Nvida

2. NVIDA Driver/Kernel Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NVIDA Driver/Kernel Issues: Here's the picture of said crash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvida-driverkernel-issues/cefed50e-c106-4ec7-bacb-d6839deb4541
  3. NVIDA Driver/Kernel Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    NVIDA Driver/Kernel Issues: Here's the picture of said crash. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/nvida-driverkernel-issues/cefed50e-c106-4ec7-bacb-d6839deb4541
  4. NVIDA Driver/Kernel Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random BSODs after upgrading to ssd

Random BSODs after upgrading to ssd: For the past 2 weeks I have been having random bsod crashes either after startup on the login screen or just after shutting down. Prior to this, I have been using the pc on a HDD for about a year and it was running flawlessly with no issues. Once i upgraded to an ssd however,...
  6. NVIDA DRIVER Compatibility

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    NVIDA DRIVER Compatibility: When I go to properties and compatibility setting [352.63-desktop-win10-64bit-international-beta] the is no windows 10 in the tab only up to windows 8 **** is going on ???!...
  7. Random BSoDs after upgrading PC

Random BSoDs after upgrading PC: Hello, I have recently upgraded my PC with brand new hardware, and also have downloaded the software associated with it all. 95% of the time, the PC is fine. But when I try to let it run overnight to see if it will crash, it does. Just this morning, it crashed at around...
  8. Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10

Random BSOD after upgrading to Win10: Hello Guys, I upgraded to Win10 with massive random BSODs. Im like getting crazy, I updated all drivers manuelly, every little device driver I could found but with no luck. I had Win 7 for several years without a single BSOD but after the upgrade it happens on random. Im...
  9. Random BSODs after upgrade

Random BSODs after upgrade: Hello everyone! I have a pretty old computer, 775 socket which I recently upgraded by replacing my memory and CPU, adding 3x2 GB of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz and Xeon E5440 (771 to 775 mod). Since then I have experienced random BSODs where some of them had minidumps and...
  10. BSODs at random times after windows upgrade

BSODs at random times after windows upgrade: Hi there, I recently managed to get a cryptowall/cryptolocker virus. I wiped everything, formatted c: and reinstalled windows 7 home premium. Was getting constant, seemingly random BSODs 10+ times daily. Tried a bunch of things, didn't work, so recently upgraded to windows...