Windows 10: Random BSOD and GPU Driver Crash (go on for 1 year, can'f find a fix)

Discus and support Random BSOD and GPU Driver Crash (go on for 1 year, can'f find a fix) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I'm struggling for like 1 year with instability of my system. Those are my specs: MOBO:MSI H170 M3 Gaming GPU: GTX 970 EVGA SSC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by data0, Mar 30, 2017.

1. data0 Win User

Random BSOD and GPU Driver Crash (go on for 1 year, can'f find a fix)

Hello everybody, I'm struggling for like 1 year with instability of my system.

Those are my specs:
    MOBO:MSI H170 M3 Gaming
    GPU: GTX 970 EVGA SSC
    RAM: Corsair Vengance DDR4 2133MHZ 8GBX2
    PSU: EVGA G3 650W
    CPU: Intel i7@6700 + 212 Hyper EVO
    HDD: WD Green 1TB 5400rpm
    SSD: Samsung EVO 850 250GB

The main issue is the crash of the GPU driver while I'm playing, watching movies, browsing, or the pc is in idle. It comes the message "The display driver has stopped to working and be recovered"

The second issue is on windows 10. In this OS in the same way on windows 7 I have BSOD or crash of the GPU driver.

Yesterday I tried to reinstall again Windows 10 and after the installation and before the configuration of the system (pc name, cortana, privacy settings etc) it start the automatic recovery for no reason saying that can't start the system because one file is missing, after I press enter the system start correctly.

I tried to:
    RMA the RAM, the MOBO and the CPU.
    Underclock the RAM and the GPU.
    Use XMP profile for the RAM.
    Switch the RAM in the slots of the MOBO. Tried one at time too.
    Manual insert the timings and the voltage of the RAM.
    Mount GPU on another pc and it works perfectly.
    Use the TDRDelay fix on the registry.
    Clean any fan in the case. The temperatures of any components are ok.
    Test another GPU on the system (ATI HD6840) and the integrated and I have the same problem.
    Updated the MOBO with the last bios.
    Checked the status of the SSD and HDD with CrystalDiskInfo and they are in a good state.

I don't know what else can be. I'm going crazy, can anyone suggest me something else?

:)

data0, Mar 30, 2017
  2. JarnoS97 Win User

Frequent BSOD

It still has not been fixed yet. I was thinking about getting a new GPU (besides this BSOD problem), but have you got any idea if it will fix the crashes? I think it's because of the drivers of my GPU, which somehow are not fully supported by windows 10.
    Online there are a lot of specific windows 10 GPU drivers for other amd GPU's, bot the R9 270x hasn't..

JarnoS97, Mar 30, 2017
  3. System_Service_Error dxgmms2.sys BSOD

So I use my computer a lot for gaming and 3d cad work. I've been getting these random BSODs since i started using windows 10 (never had a single one on windows 7 or 8/8.1). Recently the System_service_errors had no file associated with them so I went
    and reinstalled all my chipset drivers and GPU drivers and checked my ram and hard-drive integrity. The one before this most recent one happened as i was installing the new Nvidia drivers from their site (I always run a clean install with new drivers), and
    I got stuck in a BSOD loop, the computer would try to install the drivers and then crash in the middle. I was finally able to fix this problem by forcing the computer into safe mode and aborting the driver installation, manually removing the GPU driver and
    then installing it.

A week later or so I encounter this BSOD with the dxgmms2.sys file as a specified problem while playing SC2:LoTV.

Here are the DMP files, if anyone knows what i can do to fix this specific problem i would appreciate it.

Dump Files (1) – Google Drive

3 of the Dump files are from the other BSODs and 1 is from the one i got today.

abeltensor, Mar 30, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

philc43, Mar 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Random BSOD and GPU Driver Crash (go on for 1 year, can'f find a fix) - Similar Threads - Random BSOD GPU

2. What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing: Hello, I had this PC for a while, the graphics drivers started crashing a year/year-half into owning the PC, but it has ramped up after updating to Windows 11 What I've done to try to fix the issue:updating driversdowngrading driverswiping drivers and installing the pro...
  3. What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What is going on with my gpu/drivers drivers crashing: Hello, I had this PC for a while, the graphics drivers started crashing a year/year-half into owning the PC, but it has ramped up after updating to Windows 11 What I've done to try to fix the issue:updating driversdowngrading driverswiping drivers and installing the pro...
  4. Gpu driver crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gpu driver crashing: I bought a new laptop intel i5 12th gen 1240P / RTX 3050 / 8 gb Ram / windows 10 i intially installed geforce expeirience to install latest gpu driver but a BSOD appears with stop code VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR i tried a new clean instllation after using ddu but the BSOD...
  5. Gpu driver crashing

Gpu driver crashing: I bought a new laptop intel i5 12th gen 1240P / RTX 3050 / 8 gb Ram / windows 10 i intially installed geforce expeirience to install latest gpu driver but a BSOD appears with stop code VIDEO_DXGKRNL_FATAL_ERROR i tried a new clean instllation after using ddu but the BSOD...
  6. Crash by no visible BSOD GPU driver failure?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Crash by no visible BSOD GPU driver failure?: Hello,I got some issues I have not been able to solve on my own and getting somewhat desperate to solve it since I use the PC for work. It seems to be either driver or hardware related but I am not entirely sure. I used windbg to try to figure it out but got stuck. The issue...
  7. Crash by no visible BSOD GPU driver failure?

Crash by no visible BSOD GPU driver failure?: Hello,I got some issues I have not been able to solve on my own and getting somewhat desperate to solve it since I use the PC for work. It seems to be either driver or hardware related but I am not entirely sure. I used windbg to try to figure it out but got stuck. The issue...
  8. Crash by no visible BSOD GPU driver failure?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. BSOD, sudden restart and GPU drivers crashing!

BSOD, sudden restart and GPU drivers crashing!: Hello! After installing Windows 10 pro 64-bit v1903 on my newly built PC (ryzen 5 1600, asus b350 plus, msi armor rx 480 8gb oc), it kept crashing randomly while gaming or just when browsing the web. Sometimes the system would restart, taking a lot of time, sometimes the...
  10. About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes

About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes: Hey Guys Thanks in advance for all the good work that you all do. Been a fan / reader of the websites since Windows 7.*chuckle Built a PC about a 1.5 years ago for the otherhalf with a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Rev1.0 board and intel processor. She has been telling me that it...