Windows 10: Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming.

Discus and support Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Everyone, Really having some annoying problems ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 pro x64 to Windows 10 pro x64. I play a variety of video... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Saturndrew, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming.

Hi Everyone,

Really having some annoying problems ever since I upgraded from Windows 7 pro x64 to Windows 10 pro x64.
    I play a variety of video games but most recently I've been playing Diablo 3 and for some reason my computer randomly crashes and restarts in the middle of playing. One of my screens goes black (main monitor) and the other usually goes some different color. This may happen with other games but I haven't played many of my other games recently. This has never happened prior to me upgrading to windows 10. I thought perhaps that it was my video drivers so i ran Display Driver Uninstaller and downloaded the latest driver for my GTX 570 Hd. It will still happening so i thought it was the CPU (3770k) overheating. I replaced the Thermal paste which was almost gone and thought that would be the end of the issue but it is still happening. I reinstalled Diablo 3 along with the battle.net app and still not change. I can a SFC /scannow and that did find and repair some files and i also did a check disk but everything came back clean with that. I then replaced my 8 year old PSU for a new one today and it still happens. For a while, i was not seeing anything in event viewer but a few minutes ago it crashed again so when I looked in Event viewer i found a few Windows error reporting that mentioned BSOD. I read the posting instructions and have run the Dm log collector. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance! If you need anything else please let me know. This has me so frustrated.

:)

Saturndrew, Feb 7, 2016

2. Getting multiple BSOD's a week, no clue what the problem is.

These seem to be happening pretty much at random. Could be happening while playing games, but also while I'm not even active on the computer. Also doesn't seem related to how long the PC has been running. No idea if it's of any importance but I'll also add
    that not every crash is a BSOD. Sometimes it just freezes and I will have to reboot it myself.

These are my minidump files from my BSOD just a few minutes ago: Minidump.rar

Luc van der Heiden, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Memory diagnostic results

My pc crashes on a multitude of games, while on others it never seems to crash at all. Most of the time it simply crashes to desktop while other times I get IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod.

Ward van der Zanden, Feb 7, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming.

You might want to check Intel for driver updates for the audio and chipset, Acronis for updates and Logitech for updates for the headset

Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia. Be sure the clean install box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Attachment 63086
    Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck D1, {ffffd00036474320, 2, 0, fffff80061af876d} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+11876d ) Followup: MachineOwner --------- 7: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff801`6f3e0000 fffff801`70004000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sat Jan 23 01:25:59 2016 (56A2C897) CheckSum: 00BE5F37 ImageSize: 00C24000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  5. Will do Axe0. I will let you know what happens. I have done this multiple times but i usually select the other options during install as well. Appreciate the help.

Saturndrew, Feb 7, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    I hope you have read my edit as well in my post *Smile

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  7. I have checked Intels website for updated drivers for my board. I did do the bios update but that was only as recent as 2013. I will double check other drivers as well. I will check headset but im not sure about Acronis?

Saturndrew, Feb 7, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

If there are no updates available for Acronis, try to reinstall.
    Updating software doesn't always update drivers proper.

axe0, Feb 7, 2016
  9. I uninstalled nvidia drivers using DDU and only installed the graphics driver and the physx driver. I also updated audio driver from intel and chipset (although tbh i dont think it installed anything cause when i hit next it instantly finished installing). The stuff from intel only went as far as win 8.1. I am headed to work in a few minutes so I dont have time to test right now but I will be on later tonight and if anything should happen I will post back here. Thank you again for all your help *Biggrin

Saturndrew, Feb 7, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Ok, let me know how it goes *Smile

11. Hey Axe,

Happened again just now so I did another log collector for you. This time it crashed but didnt feel like restarting so i had to power down and then turn it back on. Hope you can find something here. Im not beyond going back to windows 7 cause this is getting annoying lol.Attachment 63267

Saturndrew, Feb 8, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Please try my suggestion again, this time use the Nvidia link provided above which refers to the 21th Dec driver version.
    This driver version is known for having a few problems.
    Code: 3: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`c6eb0000 fffff800`c7ad4000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sat Jan 23 01:25:59 2016 (56A2C897) CheckSum: 00BE5F37 ImageSize: 00C24000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

13. Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming.

Will do. My apologies for not noticing the link for the drivers you provided. I will def download when i get home from work. Although i do feel like i used those drivers before and had the same issues. But i will let you know what i find. Could it be that my video card is just dying? Or is it a windows 10 issue and maybe i should go back down to 7? Thanks again for the help!

Saturndrew, Feb 8, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    A crash could have many root causes that may look like 1 cause.
    For example with root causes
    • overheating (inadequate airflow),
    • improper seating,
    • damaged slot,
    • damaged card,
    • PSU improper seated, or not enough power.
    All of these would lead to the driver being marked as the cause where it however is not the cause.

To check all these possibilities,
    • run a stress test, with a stress test you can find out if the card is damaged and/or overheated (see FurMark below)
    • check the PSU connection, also verify no cable is broken. What is your PSU?
    • ground yourself, open the case and reseat the GPU, before putting it back check if the connections of both the slot and card are proper and not damaged.

Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming. [​IMG]
    Diagnostic test
    GPU TEST

Run Furmark tutorial

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if temperatures rise too high

15. I am familiar with furmark and will run it asap. I just purchased a brand new RM750 corsair modular psu because i though the psu might be the issue but that didnt work. I ran Furmark for about an hour a few days ago and no crashes. It got to about 75C but never crashed. No damage to the card and i thoroughly cleaned out my computer of any dust. I will double check all of these options however. Thanks again for the suggestions!

Saturndrew, Feb 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Random BSOD Crashing and Rebooting while gaming. - Similar Threads - Random BSOD Crashing

2. crashing all the time, random rebooting while gaming and glitched bsod's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    crashing all the time, random rebooting while gaming and glitched bsod's: hi, i got a pc, pretty decent actually, rx 6950 xt, ryzen 7700x b650 mb, ddr5 ram 6000mhz 32gb 2 sticks, 850psu enough cooling. but the thing is i crash every day, glitched bsod, game kicks and random reboots, i have windows 11 and i just lost i tried updating/reinstalling my...
  3. crashing all the time, random rebooting while gaming and glitched bsod's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    crashing all the time, random rebooting while gaming and glitched bsod's: hi, i got a pc, pretty decent actually, rx 6950 xt, ryzen 7700x b650 mb, ddr5 ram 6000mhz 32gb 2 sticks, 850psu enough cooling. but the thing is i crash every day, glitched bsod, game kicks and random reboots, i have windows 11 and i just lost i tried updating/reinstalling my...
  4. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  5. random BSODs and crashing while playing games

random BSODs and crashing while playing games: When I play games like Rainbow Six Siege my games either randomly crash or I just get a BSOD. I have used the Driver Verifier to find out the issue.Here is the MiniDump: 070723-13640-01.dmp...
  6. BSOD Crash randomly while gaming, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Crash randomly while gaming, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Users\canpy\Desktop\112522-16625-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation...
  7. BSOD Crash randomly while gaming, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

BSOD Crash randomly while gaming, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.25200.1003 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.Loading Dump File [C:\Users\canpy\Desktop\112522-16625-01.dmp]Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available************* Path validation...
  8. Random crashed while playing games and IRQL_not_less_or_Equal BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random crashed while playing games and IRQL_not_less_or_Equal BSOD: Random crashed while playing games and IRQL not less or Equal BSOD 64GiGs 3600Mhz i9 10900K Zotac 3080 Holo Amp Corsair MP510 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/random-crashed-while-playing-games-and/7ff82063-7e31-49b2-8156-09e62c1d9e1a
  9. Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reboots/Crashes while Gaming: Hello, I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning. As suggested in the linked thread I...
  10. Reboots/Crashes while Gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Reboots/Crashes while Gaming: Hello, I have random crashes while playing games. Its the same problem as in this thread Random-ish reboots So basically when playing a game the PC randomly crashes into a reboot. This occurs completely random and without warning. As suggested in the linked thread I...