Windows 10: Random BSOD every 1-2 days on Windows 10 custom PC (3 years old)

Discus and support Random BSOD every 1-2 days on Windows 10 custom PC (3 years old) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey All, I've been getting a computer hang roughly every day for the past 3 days now and I'm not sure what's causing it. Seems to happen randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Pawl, May 15, 2017.

1. Pawl Win User

Random BSOD every 1-2 days on Windows 10 custom PC (3 years old)

Hey All,

I've been getting a computer hang roughly every day for the past 3 days now and I'm not sure what's causing it. Seems to happen randomly while browsing the internet (Chrome) having various programs open (Visual Studio, Unity, etc.) and hasn't happened yet while gaming.

It's actually not an immediate BSOD, but what happens is the whole machine locks up. Mouse cursor is frozen. No keyboard commands do anything (even CAPS LOCK does not turn on the keyboard light). One time after 30s, my right monitor went black and did not recover.

I then hit the restart (not power) button on my tower which does reboot, at which point I'm greeted with a BSOD with MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION.

This did happen roughly 5-6 months ago but seemed to go away. My GFX drivers are up to date as well as Windows 10 Updates. I've got a 256 GB SSD with the OS installed (~30GB free) and another 1TB SSD for data.

Specs:
    Windows 10
    Asus Maximus VI Gene
    Intel Core i5 (Corsair H100i water cooled with plenty of case fans)
    NVIDIA GTX 770
    16 GB DDR3 RAM
    256 GB SSD (OS) + 1 TB SSD (data)

I've attached the zip as indicated when creating posts. Any help would be great.

Attachment 135294

Thanks,

Paul

:)

2. Windows 10 BSOD every 2-3 days

The file tpnflhlp.sys belongs to Lenovo System Update. This crash differs from others. It happened while Lenovo System Update found an BIOS update and the bios-install-program was running. (The new BIOS version is about
    to fix something about CVE-2017-5715). The new BIOS is to be written into BIOS ROM after
    the bios-install-program restarts PC. This crash happened just before the bios-install-program restarted the PC. Though it's not a normal restart, after the BSOD the new BIOS was normally and successfully written into
    BIOS ROM.

I'm waiting for next crash. Hope it will lead to tpnflhlp.sys a second time or the crash never comes back after this bios-update.

askweiruan, May 15, 2017
  3. Windows 10 BSOD every 2-3 days

or in Chinese:

啊哦, 来晚了,分享的文件已经被 除了,下次要早点哟。

Sumit Dhiman2, May 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Hello Pawl and welcome to Tenforums *Smile

There are no BSOD dump files in the logs that we can check. I have looked through your drivers and can see some older ones associated with your Razer Mouse dated from 2013. It would be worth seeing if there are any updates for this or uninstalling and trying with another mouse for testing purposes.

philc43, May 16, 2017
  5. Pawl Win User
    Thanks, philc43!

I'll give it a shot and see how it goes.

Pawl, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD every 1-2 days on Windows 10 custom PC (3 years old) - Similar Threads - Random BSOD every

2. 3 events everi day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3 events everi day: Nome registro: System Origine: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Data: 19/11/2019 13:37:43 ID evento: 41 Categoria attività:(63) Livello: Critico Parole chiave: (70368744177664),(2) Utente: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-VDK4095 Descrizione:...
  3. 2 day old laptop - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 day old laptop - BSOD: Hi, I'm now at my wits end and hoping someone can help. I am not tech savvy so apologies for the dumb wording and descriptions. Background: I work for a small Not for profit and we purchased a new HP laptop in the new year. About 4 months in, I was continuously getting a...
  4. Seemingly random ntoskrnl BSOD every 2-3 weeks

Seemingly random ntoskrnl BSOD every 2-3 weeks: Hello, hopefully someone here can clear up this mystery for me. I've had a stable system on my Ryzen 5 1600, but since installing the new Ryzen 5 3600 (no other components have changed) I've been getting seemingly random BSODs, about every two weeks (usually just browsing...
  5. Random BSOD every 1-3 hours

Random BSOD every 1-3 hours: my computer recently experienced BSOD and automatic restart, can anyone help? DESKTOP-T87L90L-Thu_12_27_2018_114126_77.zip 124189
  6. BSOD on 5 day old PC

BSOD on 5 day old PC: new pc with ssd and internal WD Blue 2tb (data) drive. Office 365 installed and a few associated apps. while reading a pdf got a bsod. i've attached the file. looking forward to hearing your opinions. thanks all. JAMIE310518-Tue_05_06_2018_125547_31.zip 111602
  7. About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes

About a year old PC - Random BSOD and crashes: Hey Guys Thanks in advance for all the good work that you all do. Been a fan / reader of the websites since Windows 7.*chuckle Built a PC about a 1.5 years ago for the otherhalf with a Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H Rev1.0 board and intel processor. She has been telling me that it...
  8. BSOD random after 2 years

BSOD random after 2 years: Hey guys, after almost two years BSOD. I haven't installed any hardware or software lately. BSOD of death used to be a nightmare for me until I found this forum a few years ago, and it seems that now, they're a joke because you guys always found the solutioin *Biggrin...
  9. Intermittent store_data_structure_corruption bsods every ~2 days

Intermittent store_data_structure_corruption bsods every ~2 days: I have a Thinkpad X1 yoga model 20JE. I have had multiple BSOD errors that occur seemingly during regular use. They occur approximately every 2 days with the error usually being STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, but a couple of times it has been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,...
  10. Microsoft Expects 1 Billion Windows 10 Devices In 2-3 Years

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Expects 1 Billion Windows 10 Devices In 2-3 Years: At its Build developer conference today, Microsoft announced that it expects Windows 10, its forthcoming operating system, to run on 1 billion devices in two to three years. That’s the idea, at least. The goal is reasonable, given the company’s decision to offer Windows 10...