Windows 10: Random BSOD - First BSOD after windows format

Discus and support Random BSOD - First BSOD after windows format in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When there is a BSOD they are given a number and a name for classification. PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) This BSOD had the number 50 and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by necronikka, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Random BSOD - First BSOD after windows format

It kernel 41'd this morning again with no bugcheck codes, all 0's even with that box unchecked it did not generate a memory file.

necronikka, Mar 10, 2018
  2. zbook New Member

1) Which source was used for the Nvidia drivers?
    2) Make a backup image using Macrium:
    Macrium Software | Your Image is Everything
    3) Make a brand new restore point
    4) Run the beta log collector after the next unexpected reboot or crash and post a zip into the thread
    log collector v2-beta08.zip
    (extract > open)

zbook, Mar 11, 2018
  3. I used nvidias website and tools for the drivers after removing all drivers for the 1080 with DDU. They seem to be working fine without any Kernel 41's. At this point I believe it's a faulty 1080, I am still in warranty and it has been a day or so with no kernel 41 just on these intel graphics. I have already issued an RMA with them but am still waiting for a kernel 41.

I will follow your advance here as welll and run the log collector if the kernel 41 occurs again. Please do not close this thread, but I am almost confident it's a faulty gpu, this issue started 2 months after I got it.

As far as the source it was Nvidias website and they aren't the best of course, but they play outlast on medium just fine so I am sure they are correct. *Smile

necronikka, Mar 11, 2018
  4. zbook New Member

Random BSOD - First BSOD after windows format

zbook, Mar 12, 2018
  5. Random BSOD - First BSOD after windows format [​IMG]

odd speccy is saying the ram is at 1333mhz but it's 2666 with 4 8 gig sticks, i'm sure it has something to do with the cpu being the gpu..... weird

necronikka, Mar 12, 2018
  6. zbook New Member
    Please update the progress with the steps in post #15.

Windows driver verifier is a tool that is used to find misbehaving drivers.
    It will repetitively produce BSOD until all drivers are fixed or until the tool is turned off.

Before using the tool you will need to make a brand new restore point, backup all files to another drive or to the cloud, and make a backup image.

In order to use the tool you must know how to turn it off:
    Review this link for 3 methods using the Windows advanced troubleshooting menu to either turn off or recover from using the tool.

The tool will be used for 48 hours. Once there are no longer any BSOD the tool will be used for an additional 36 hours.

While using the tool the computer may become sluggish or have a very slow boot. If either of these happens the customized test settings can be modified.

Use the settings in this link for the customized test settings:
    Driver Verifier | Microsoft Docs

After each BSOD use the windows advanced troubleshooting menu command verifier /reset to return to the desktop. On the desktop run the beta log collector and post a new zip into the thread.

zbook, Mar 12, 2018
  7. Which version of macrimum would I want the 30 day trial of?

The tool seems to just be using CMD and Debugger, why would I need to boot? I will proceed with these steps as soon as possible and attach a new zip.

Also a little confused how drivers would be causing issues with a fresh install and I haven't kernel 41'd since I started using on board graphics :x

necronikka, Mar 12, 2018
  8. zbook New Member

For Macrium please use the free edition.
    If there are misbehaving drivers they can be found using windows driver verifer.
    Then the computer will have good or stable drivers for the next step.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD - First BSOD after windows format - Similar Threads - Random BSOD BSOD

2. BSOD on first startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on first startup: Hello everyone, So after 1-2 minutes when the computer is started on a cold boot, a BSOD appears and it restarts. This happens once or twice after the computer is started in cold boot. After that, I don't get BSOD anymore and everything works normally....
  3. BSOD on first startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on first startup: Hello everyone, So after 1-2 minutes when the computer is started on a cold boot, a BSOD appears and it restarts. This happens once or twice after the computer is started in cold boot. After that, I don't get BSOD anymore and everything works normally....
  4. First W11 BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    First W11 BSOD: Esteemed BSOD geeks, please help me understand what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-w11-bsod/d47bf183-c04c-4320-8559-efc8e67b24ac
  5. First W11 BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    First W11 BSOD: Esteemed BSOD geeks, please help me understand what happened. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/first-w11-bsod/d47bf183-c04c-4320-8559-efc8e67b24ac
  6. My first bsod :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My first bsod :: Today I had my first bsod i was running the new win 10 20h2 update I was starting a game and I got this bsod PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA The program that failed was win32kfull.sys Specs if needed 4gb ram ddr4 Intel Pentium gold 4417u Intel hd graphics 610 [IMG]...
  7. Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever

Random BSOD error 1001 for the first time ever: Imgur: The magic of the Internet Randomly happened after like 4+ hours of playing a game that I have been playing for a month straight with no issues.This is a first time this error happened. Posted dumpfile below. 136804
  8. Random BSOD only on first start.

Random BSOD only on first start.: Hi, I have been having this BSOD problem for about 6 months. The BSOD only happens the 1st start and when it gives me the error the bsod code is different every time. Playing games makes the bsod happen quicker usually around 10-20 min. But the thing is once i restart it, it...
  9. Random BSODs after upgrade

Random BSODs after upgrade: Hello everyone! I have a pretty old computer, 775 socket which I recently upgraded by replacing my memory and CPU, adding 3x2 GB of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800MHz and Xeon E5440 (771 to 775 mod). Since then I have experienced random BSODs where some of them had minidumps and...
  10. BSoD after random freeze

BSoD after random freeze: I'm posting on behalf of a friend of mine. I've attached a DM log from his most recent BS and set my PC specs to reflect his. While he was telling me that he Blue Screened, I asked him a few questions to see what he was doing at the time, but he told me that he couldn't...