Windows 10: Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail & Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal

Discus and support Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail & Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm randomly getting these BSODs, weather i'm playing a game or just browsing the internet. I'm not sure what causes them but I'm thinking it might be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jono, May 10, 2016.

1. Jono Win User

Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail & Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal

I'm randomly getting these BSODs, weather i'm playing a game or just browsing the internet. I'm not sure what causes them but I'm thinking it might be something to do with either my USB WiFi adapter or my latest AMD Graphics drivers i updated recently.

Here's the latest DMP logs created from the program in the sticky, I hope they are organised OK.

051216-18031-01.dmp
    That's the latest BSOD dmp file.

:)

2. Constant BSOD. Most are connected to ntoskrnl.exe

I can't seem to figure out how to resolve this issue. I get DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, BAD_POOL_HEADER, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, etc....

The BSODs seem to happen at random. I can sometimes play games for hours without issue, but if i just let the computer sit it will get a BSOD, or just browse the internet.

I tried installing a clean windows, removing and reinstalling most of my drivers, and a variety of other potential fixes online, etc...

I have linked the mini dump files, MEMORY.dmp, and my system info below:

Mini Dump

Can someone please help me?

l3attousai, May 10, 2016
  3. BSOD Kernel_security_check_failed by hal.dll

Thanks ZigZag for the responsive answer! And it got to the root of the issue.

I'm just curious, where did you look at the dump to find that it was the ATI video driver?

Oscar Hong, May 10, 2016
  4. thliaw Win User

I just realize there are so many BSOD cases in this forum, i hope someone can look into our BSOD posts soon

thliaw, May 11, 2016
  5. Jono Win User
    Me too, I've never had this many in my life.

i got 3 today just browsing the net and steam store

Just got another one when i opened up the League of Legends launcher.

I updated the AMD GPU drivers through the windows device manager to see if that helps, No BSOD in 3 hours since i updated the drivers. Looks promising.

6. lifetec Win User
    The last 4 dumpfiles all blame Athurx.sys.
    Driver Description: Atheros AR9271 Wireless Network Adapter

Atheros driver also written for - TP-LINK 150Mbps Wireless Lite N Adapter

Driver Update Site: Official site: Drivers | Qualcomm
    Unofficial site: http://www.atheros.cz
    TP-LINK drivers - Support - Welcome to TP-LINK
    You have a TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter

Please update the 3 avaliable drivers (windows 10 version) from your supportpage ASRock > H61M/U3S3

Also update the utilities you have installed.

lifetec, May 11, 2016
  7. Jono Win User
    Motherboard drivers are updating as we speak.
    The TP-LINK adapter i have doesn't have and Windows 10 drivers, What driver should i use?

This is the one i'm using 150Mbps High Gain Wireless USB Adapter TL-WN722N - Welcome to TP-LINK

Got 3 BSOD while downloading the drivers for motherboard, heres the latest DMP logs

8. lifetec Win User

The new dumpfiles also blame athurx.sys.

I would try to install the latest windows 8.1 driver, sometimes they are compatible with windows 10 and work good.

lifetec, May 12, 2016
  9. Jono Win User
    The one i had currently installed was 2.0.0.62 (According to Device manager). Currently using 10.0.0.28.

Downloaded it, Installed.. Hopefully it makes a difference.

Jono, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail & Driver_IRQL_Not_Less_or_equal - Similar Threads - Random BSOD kernel_security_check_fail

2. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  3. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  4. BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe random crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe random crash: The information of my pc and minidump files are in the below link. It crashed many times when I use my PC recently, and it seemed to be random crash. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8w-_SwduI3pj01ne_xH6wvdzFd?e=Psl4iE...
  5. Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe driver_irql_not_less_or_equal: My pc having some problems. It goes on bluescreen randomly and the error is: driver_irql_not_less_or_equal Caused by: ntoskrnl.exe Pc build: Intel i7 8700K Nvidia geforce gtx 1080 16 GB ram venegance rgb Samsung evo 960 250gb Crucial ssd 500gb Seagate hdd 1tb...
  6. Seemingly random BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tcpip.sys

Seemingly random BSOD, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, tcpip.sys: I keep getting this BSOD. Unsure what the root cause is. I've already attempted a system restore to the oldest point, but that did not resolve the issue. The issue only began recently (last few weeks?). Logs are attached. 115250
  7. BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) randomly Windows 10

BSOD (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) randomly Windows 10: My computer experienced randomly BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It started from last month. No hardware changed from January. I remembered the first two crash occured while downloading a big file and I guess may related to the my usb wireless driver? But I have...
  8. Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSODs while browsing - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi all, I've been having issues on and off over the past week or two with randomly appearing BSODs reporting the error "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL". I know it means there's something going on with my drivers but I'm not sure what's going on. I can't pinpoint what...
  9. BSOD at random times (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL WinUSB.SYS)

BSOD at random times (DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL WinUSB.SYS): I've been having issues with a new build(see specs below) where at random times it would crash, this could happen while it was idle or while I was playing games. I am unable to currently run the provided tool but am attaching the minidump instead. I have replaced the ram the...
  10. driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly

driver_irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD randomly: I randomly (and commonly) get BSoDs with a bug check string of IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x0000000a) or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Code: 0x000000d1). I can't seem to find the driver that is causing these random blue screens, there doesn't seem to be a reason either...