Windows 10: Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys

Discus and support Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; got this BSOD 2-3 time now while playing different game and it seem to be random was not doing anything special while playing so i am kinda lost and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Xutos, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Xutos Win User

Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys

got this BSOD 2-3 time now while playing different game and it seem to be random was not doing anything special while playing so i am kinda lost and there was couple days in between other BSOD but its same kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys i only included the last dump cause i updated alot of driver since the previous BSOD i have been trying to update my Intel Rapid Storage driver but i can't seem to find the right one

:)

Xutos, Feb 15, 2016
  2. RyanCohen Win User

Storport.sys Problem When Installing Windows 10

So I'm getting a BSOD when trying to update to Windows 10 from 7. The error message says DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (Storport.sys) Any help would be much appreciated!

RyanCohen, Feb 15, 2016
  3. TinJon06 Win User
    BSOD after the Lock Screen of Windows 10

I have a Lenovo G4000 laptop running Windows 10. It is bootable but I can't pass the lock screen. And goes to BSOD. DRIVER IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (storport.sys). Please help!

TinJon06, Feb 15, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.
    You can remove the drivers via a restore point that normally is created.

The single dump is corrupted, so we need to wait for another crash. We might be able to force one.

Diagnostic Test
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. Xutos Win User
    i have updated my file after the restore some of the dump were restored so if you want to have a look

if there is a dump about driver_verifier_iomanager_violation scpvbus.sys i have already uninstall the software and now i am waiting 48h for the drivier verifier to find something since i already had kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys before using it

Xutos, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Xutos Win User
    the driver verifier has run for 49 hours now following the tutorial and no BSOD so i don't know what to do next to maybe try to trigger another one or do something else instead

Xutos, Feb 20, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    I have had a look at the dumps which happened earlier, they are all caused by different drivers where 1 of them is a known one from Daemon tools.

Diagnostics Test
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at {windows partition}\Windows\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

8. Xutos Win User

i did like you said and both time it said Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

do i let the driver verifier running or i can reset it ?

Xutos, Feb 20, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    Please disable driver verifier
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Enter "verifier/reset" (without quotes)

Run your system normal and let me know how it goes *Smile

10. Xutos Win User
    alright thank you *Biggrin ill come back here again if i get it again with a more recent dump

should i just post in this thread again or create a new one depending on how much time as past ?

Xutos, Feb 20, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    If there is a short period between the next crash and the last crash, just reply here.
    If you are convinced the problem is solved, marked the thread as solved but shortly after that get another crash just make another thread to start with a clean overview *Smile

12. uccoffee Win User
    I have got similar problem, this computer is my itunes server, usually fine as a server, but when using it as a workstation and open chrome and itunes server at the same time, the whole machine sometimes freeze or BSOD with storport.sys error

I have tried reinstall the nvidia driver, doesnt seem to help.

I have attached the log, Please help.
    I am worry it is a hardware issue.

uccoffee, Feb 24, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Create a new thread to better get help please

14. Xutos Win User
    it just happen again while i was browsing and not gaming i really have no idea what it could be so if you could look into it again with the new dump

Xutos, Feb 27, 2016
  15. axe0 New Member
    If you would upload the zip in your new reply instead of the first post it would save us both time *Smile

I hope you're not still using the DB3 software? If you are, it'll cause problems.
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3 Public[/quote] Back to the dump, you'll need to update some drivers. This 0xD1 is caused by an outdated driver from the Intel Rapid Storage Technology.
    Driver Reference Table - mio.sys
    Driver Reference Table - HECIx64.sys get this chipset driver from Alienware
    Check Alienware for driver updates for the Intel Rapid Storage drivers
    Update/reinstall Malwarebytes

Thema:

1. Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled storport.sys - Similar Threads - Random BSOD kmode_exception_not_handled

2. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs: Hi, I am getting frequent from immediately after startup to couple days BSODs, usually with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error codes.My setup is ASUS K501UW laptop i7-6500U, GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD with Dell D3100 dock station,...
  3. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs: Hi, I am getting frequent from immediately after startup to couple days BSODs, usually with IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED error codes.My setup is ASUS K501UW laptop i7-6500U, GTX 960M, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD + 750GB HDD with Dell D3100 dock station,...
  4. Random IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Storport sys problem and bad system problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storport sys problem and bad system problem: Started with a storport.sys problem. Got to ressett pc it worked for 1 week and then bad problem, tried resetting pc, not allowed, tried full reset of pc, not allowed, got into bootrec, did not find or wrong , going in a loop bad system config , automatic repair, How do i...
  6. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED-> e1r68x64.sys: Hi, every now and then my PC suddenly freezes video and audio output and then proceeds to the Blueescreen Window the Code: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and reason: e1r68x64.sys. After some research i found out that it has something to do with the intel network adapter. I...
  7. Computer Randomly gets BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and...

Computer Randomly gets BSOD (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, and...: Hi all, My hp omen laptop keeps randomly blue screening and not giving me any info on whatever is causing it (there is no filename attatched to the bluescreen error, ever) and Windows Troubleshooter (for bluescreens) is useless... doesn't ever say anything is wrong, same...
  8. BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing

BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing: (I put this in drivers section on accident before) I keep getting BSoD's, mostly the two listed in the title. This has been happening for months, and it's getting on my nerves. It happens at least twice a day. I have updated/ rolled back every driver, tested every component...
  9. BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE

BSOD KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED igdkmd64.sys ERROR MESSAGE: I've been experiencing random crashes on my computer over the last couple of weeks, I believe it has something to do with my graphics card drivers (igdkmd64.sys) but the update/rollback attempts didn't help nor did completely uninstalling and reinstalling the newest drivers....
  10. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys)

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (wdf01000.sys): Got a blue screen while using discord, here's the attachment 102937