Windows 10: Random BSOD on various actions - amifldrv64.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe

Discus and support Random BSOD on various actions - amifldrv64.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm Leon Well, my problem is this: Randomly, my computer (desktop) deadlocks or gets a Blue Screen and restarts. This happens randomly,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Leon23, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Leon23 Win User

Random BSOD on various actions - amifldrv64.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe

Hello, I'm Leon

Well, my problem is this:
    Randomly, my computer (desktop) deadlocks or gets a Blue Screen and restarts. This happens randomly, while I'm playing, watching videos, doing nothing. My computer is 1 month old, has a GTX 970, i5-6500 and has been working properly until the last 2 weeks.

This (from what I've read) can be either an 1) energy problem, 2) memory problem, 3) temperature problem or 4) driver problems.

1) Since my computer needs around 400W of power and my current PSU is of 600W, I can rule out the energy problem.

2) I have run the windows memory check test and has reported 0 errors.

3) Usually the temperature of the computer won't go past 45ºC, even when I'm running Fallout 4, DOOM, ARK. So I can rule out also the temperature problem.

4) A program that came with my PC named MSI Live Update 6, usually updates my drivers. And everything goes fine. However, today, I have gotten a Blue Screen after trying to update the BIOS 2 times. Edit: Disabled Driver Verifier, updated BIOS with no problems.

The error messages presented are:
    Driver_verifier_detected_violation (Driver Verifier has already been deactivated - was toggled for deadlocks)
    Critical_Structure_Corruption
    Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area

The read I have on the Windows Event Viewer before this BIOS update was a Kernel-Power ID:41 error. And after the bios update BSOD, the error presented was still the same. So the BIOS problem has to be connected to the other BSOD (?)

This one can be found in only 1 minidump
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_AV_nt!KiPageFault+17f
    BUCKET_ID: X64_AV_nt!KiPageFault+17f
    MODULE_NAME: nt
    IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

This one can be found in 2 minidumps
    FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc4_81_VRF_amifldrv64+1681
    BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc4_81_VRF_amifldrv64+1681
    MODULE_NAME: amifldrv64
    IMAGE_NAME: amifldrv64.sys

MODULE_NAME: amifldrv64
    IMAGE_NAME: amifldrv64.sys

EDIT v2.0: I found the file (supposedly causing the error) - amifldrv64.sys inside of LiveUpdate (the program used to update BIOS).

Leon

:)

Leon23, Aug 7, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

Bad_Pool_Header BSOD once login to windows.

The driver that appears to be causing the crash is the amifldrv64.sys, which appears to be a component of a MSI Bios update utility:

BugCheck 19, {22, ffff8f81bff0c000, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amifldrv64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for
    amifldrv64.sys

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

The process that crashed was the SCEWIN_64.exe which appears to be a component of MSI Control Center.

PROCESS_NAME: SCEWIN_64.exe

That appears to be the similar to what was reported in the following topic:

Random Crashes / BSODs during boot (and during boot ONLY) - MiniDump files included

Try uninstalling, at least temporarily, the MSI software.

auggy, Aug 7, 2016
  3. XP ROCKS. Win User
    Another Bad Pool Header Question

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amifldrv64.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amifldrv64.sys<==
    MSI Control center driver

Probably caused by : amifldrv64.sys ( amifldrv64+188c )

Followup: MachineOwner

---------

1: kd> !thread

THREAD ffffc00e6fc11080 Cid 0ca0.0c88 Teb: 000000000035a000 Win32Thread: ffffc00e6f9f7520 RUNNING on processor 1

IRP List:

ffffc00e6f9fac90: (0006,0118) Flags: 00060070 Mdl: 00000000

Not impersonating

GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff802176f9924

Owning Process ffffc00e6fba8800 Image: SCEWIN_64.exe

Attached Process N/A Image: N/A

fffff78000000000: Unable to get shared data

Loaded symbol image file: amifldrv64.sys

Image path: \??\C:\MSI\Smart Utilities\amifldrv64.sys

Image name: amifldrv64.sys

Browse all global symbols functions data

Timestamp: Wed Oct 07 12:50:32 2009 (4ACCC6D8)

Please update the driver above or remove MSI Control center.

XP ROCKS., Aug 7, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

This site does not support counterfeit installation which yours appears to be

Forum rules

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified on your system. A counterfeit installation may contain modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways. For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Please install a genuine copy of Windows and activate it.

If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you once this install is confirmed .

We fully realize that everyone with an illegal installation is not always aware of this. Some have shops who work on their computer or who reinstall windows for them only to find out when they come here that it is illegal. They paid for a legal copy, but wound up with a counterfeit one. The ones who bought from eBay, (or other online sources or were ripped off).

We are always prepared to work with users once they are fully legal

You may also report this type of thing to Microsoft who have been known to assist victims in the past

Ztruker, Aug 8, 2016
Thema:

1. Random BSOD on various actions - amifldrv64.sys and ntkrnlmp.exe - Similar Threads - Random BSOD various

2. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  3. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp: Hello it's been a while that my pc suddenyl, and without a proper pattern sometimes even by just standing still gets a bsod and pc shuts down totally. I have everything updated, all drivers and even the bios of the mobo but the problem persists. here's the dump For analysis...
  4. frequent BSOD for ntkrnlmp

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Completely Random BSODs of various causes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Completely Random BSODs of various causes.: Hey all, I've been having some problems with my system for about 2 months now. I get really random bluescreens for all types of causes, APC Mismatch, IRQL, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA, etc. I've run fix after fix, checked my ram about 10 times now using memtest, aida64,...
  6. Various random BSODs throughout the day

Various random BSODs throughout the day: September of last year I updated majority of the parts in my system (motherboard, cpu, ram), and since then I've had random BSODs all pointing to different things at random intervals. Recently it hasn't been happening super frequently, but still occurs once in a while. I've...
  7. Various BSOD's occuring randomly

Various BSOD's occuring randomly: Hi, I've bought brand new PC and started having random BSOD's while using PC or just when idling on desktop. I've tried to use Windows Memory Diagnostic, also ran commands /scannow and such in CMD because I read it in so many other topics regarding BSOD. I've had trouble...
  8. Random BSODs - Various errors

Random BSODs - Various errors: Hello, I have a custom build PC built in July 2019, which up until 1 month ago was running fine. Since then I've been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes repeatedly. Problem; Random BSOD crashes. These can occur any time from playing games, to watching youtube, to leaving...
  9. Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables

Random BSOD ntoskrnl, ntkrnlmp executables: I have a Lenovo laptop with the following specs: Intel Core i7-8550U 4C / 8T, 1.8 / 4.0GHz, 8MB Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 620 Intel SoC Platform 16GB Soldered DDR4-2400 512GB SSD M.2 2280 PCIe NVMe 13.9" UHD 3840x2160 IPS 300nits Glossy I started getting random...
  10. Various BSOD errors in random activity

Various BSOD errors in random activity: Hello, So I'm having various BSOD in random time and doing, with different codes since my laptop was barley new until the present time. The only BSOD I figured out was LogMeIn Hamachi driver, so I uninstalled it, but BSOD's continue to happen, even though I formated my disk...
Tags: