Windows 10: Random BSOD particularly when idling - Kernel Power Event 41

Discus and support Random BSOD particularly when idling - Kernel Power Event 41 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I could not find the thread I created for my original post (I looked under "My Posts" and was replied I had none. So, I did read the the post you told... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Racco, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Racco Win User

Random BSOD particularly when idling - Kernel Power Event 41

I could not find the thread I created for my original post (I looked under "My Posts" and was replied I had none. So, I did read the the post you told me to read about BSODs and I have attached the ZIP folder witht he results of the download. If you need anything else, please notify me.
    History:
    I built this machine in 2013 and ran Windows 7 Pro until last year when I was given the use it or lose it choice for Windows 10. At first the system ran fine, no problems, however after the last big update, it started freezing up.
    At first I thought Chrome was at fault, then I found out ANY browser would freeze it.
    later, I found some people had the problem because for Memory, I bought new memory, this was not my problem
    I have applied every fix available on the web. Reloaded Windows 10; Power management, SFC, DISM, none have fixed my freezing problem.
    Then I got a BSOD from my Graphic card (below). I read an article on how to fix this, even though I followed t step by step there were steps that I did not see in my system, therefore I could not perform that fix.
    Problem:
    My BSOD occurs mostly when the machine is idled and freezes within minutes. It gave me the BSOD shown in the word doc once, most of the time, it freezes with a black screen. I have to Power-off the desktop because no soft reboot works. The I get a Kernel 41 event. Let me know if you need a mini-dump , I was able to get one.

:)

Racco, Jan 19, 2017

2. BSOD after forced shutdown

Thank you

But can kernel power 41 cause bsod, i looked at event viewer, the bugcheck code is 0, if yes will it happen again?

DuckHappy321, Jan 19, 2017
  3. Randomly restarting laptop

Kernel ID 41:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/202850...

Usually, if there is no BSOD, shutting down randomly is due to either overheating or a faulty Battery unit.

I remember some BIOS updates led to Random shutdowns in January. Did you apply a BIOS update in the laptop in Feb?

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 19, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

The only dump is from 1/15. It shows a problem with your video card/driver:
    Code: BugCheck D1, {ffffed002ae3e200, 2, 1, fffff8054f21dfe6} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+19dfe6 )[/quote] You have version 376.33 dated 12/10/2016.

You can give the 376.48 hotfix a try, see if that helps: GeForce Hot Fix driver version 376.48 | NVIDIA

Ztruker, Jan 19, 2017
  5. Racco Win User
    I downloaded and installed the driver you suggested and restarted the computer(doc file); left it idle for a bit and it froze again. I tried to attach a minidump but the system gave me the message in the word doc. I am the Admin in this machine, so I am not sure what the system is thinking. Any suggestions?

Any other ideas?
    Thanks

Racco, Jan 19, 2017
  6. Racco Win User
    I collected another set of data. I hope the dump that I moved to the table top is in there. It is called 012017- 7468-02.dmp
    AttAttachment 117849Attachment 117849ached.

Racco, Jan 19, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Don't understand what you mean about doc file????

No new dump, still just the one from 1/15.

Ztruker, Jan 20, 2017
  8. Racco Win User

On what doc? it was the word file that was attached. It is not important any more.

From this experience I have deduced that the dm_log_collector goes through several folders within windows "collecting" data, one of them is the minidump file. You made it easy for user to transfer information to you. Thanks.

I put the .dmp file back in the minidump folder and did another collection. I hope it is in this one.

Thanks again.

Racco, Jan 20, 2017
  9. Racco Win User
    My machine froze up twice yesterday, before I turned it off for the day. I checked the minidump folder and neither failure created a minidump.
    I have attached another collection of data just in case.
    Thanks for the help.

Racco, Jan 21, 2017
  10. Ztruker Win User
    No dumps in the new zip file. I don't see anything in the event viewer log either.

I see you are running two NVIDIA GeForce GT 630 cards. Maybe try them one at a time (remove the other) for testing, see if that helps.

What else is plugged into the computer?

Ztruker, Jan 22, 2017
  11. Racco Win User
    May be you don't read my posts. I did say neither failure created a minidump.
    On your question as to what else is connected: I have,
    1. 4, 24 inch, E2414H, 1920 by 1080, Dell Monitors plugged via DVI into 2 GeForce GT630 Graphic cards.
    2. a 7 port "Plugable USB" hub
    3. Creative speakers

That is about it. I just noticed some of the items in "My System Specs" are wrong and I will figure out how to correct them.
    This machine was not designed for speed but for reliability. I have a second machine built in 2008, also designed for reliability that started with XP, moved to Windows 7 then, Windows 10 that runs 24/7 and it is ok.
    Somewhere else I read that Memory could cause the problem although I ran the memory check and the machine passed. I replaced the memory and it still froze. I also "re-loaded" Windows 10, no change.
    I will try what you suggest.
    Thanks.

Racco, Jan 22, 2017
  12. Racco Win User
    Attached please find the results of the Graphic Card Test. I ran the test with each card installed in each slot by itself, each time 2 monitors were connected. the single test for the cards were successful. This tells me the cards are good and the MOBO is good. When I ran both cards installed with one of them connected to monitors and the other not, the tests were not successful.
    I think here is a software problem.
    The details are in the Word Document attached.
    Thanks

Racco, Jan 23, 2017
  13. Ztruker Win User

The hangs when both video cards are plugged in suggests a possible power supply problem? Could the two cards be drawing too much for the PSU you currently have? Just a guess on my part, I have no facts to back it up. What PSU do you have?

Can you remove
    2. a 7 port "Plugable USB" hub
    3. Creative speakers

and run that way for awhile, see if it makes any difference.

Do you use wireless mouse and/or keyboard? If so, try wired?

Ztruker, Jan 25, 2017
  14. Racco Win User
    The Desktop has a Corsair TX850W (850 Watts) PSU - It was overkill for the power estimate but I wanted to run cooler than if it was closer to 100% usage. I can't find my power estimate from the build design, sorry.
    I have a wired keyboard and mouse - plugged into the USB
    I used the USB to bring the connection closed enough for the wired input devices - since I have four monitor running the Central Unit is a bit far.

Thanks

Racco, Jan 25, 2017
  15. Racco Win User
    I forgot another detail, I don't know if you noticed but when I ran the test with both Graphics card plugged in, the second card on the test was NOT running monitors. The monitors were not plugged into it. meaning the second card was only running its fan and not using any more power.

I found an old thread here (I posted it in the attached Word Document), along with other checks I did in the Task Scheduler.
    So far I have NO idea where to start digging.

Racco, Jan 25, 2017
Thema:

1. Random BSOD particularly when idling - Kernel Power Event 41 - Similar Threads - Random BSOD particularly

2. kernel-power event 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel-power event 41 BSODs: To get a couple things out of the way first, I don't know when these problems started neither do I know exactly what could have caused them.I am am pretty much a noob at debugging so providing a bit more explanation with your answers or explaining what would be useful...
  3. kernel-power event 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel-power event 41 BSODs: To get a couple things out of the way first, I don't know when these problems started neither do I know exactly what could have caused them.I am am pretty much a noob at debugging so providing a bit more explanation with your answers or explaining what would be useful...
  4. kernel-power event 41 BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 Kernel Power Event ID 41 When Idled

Windows 10 Kernel Power Event ID 41 When Idled: I've been getting sudden restarts lately starting 1/30/2021, was fine for over a year but only when I'm away from my computer for roughly 10-30 minutes. During that time, the display would turn off like normal as it is idled but I would return to find that my computer had...
  6. Random Bluescreen Kernel-Power Event 41

Random Bluescreen Kernel-Power Event 41: My system randomly bluescreen even after i update my windows or reinstall my windows. I tried sfc /scannow but there's no violation have been found. I already check windows memory diagnostic too and no issue. Here the minidump...
  7. Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs

Random Kernel-Power 41 BSODs: Hello, Since late January 2020, my computer has suffered from about 50 blue screens, all from the error Kernel-Power 41 63. The crash can occur at any time. It has happened within a minute of startup, or several hours into a gaming session which is what the computer is...
  8. BSOD - Event 41 Kernel Power

BSOD - Event 41 Kernel Power: Hi there, I am having trouble with my computer freezing to the point where it does not respond (the mouse is still moving fine though) and where I have BSOD maybe once a week. I could get used to it since it poped only when playing Paradox Studio games, but now it's...
  9. Kernel-Power 41 event. Not sure if BSOD.

Kernel-Power 41 event. Not sure if BSOD.: Hey everyone. I'm new to this kind of stuff and trying to learn what is going on. PC was made 2 years ago and haven't really used it until now. It previously had win7 and it BSOD a couple times a week but didn't bother me at the time. Now the computer has a fresh...
  10. BSOD kernel power event 41 error random

BSOD kernel power event 41 error random: Hi guys, I'm posting this thread for a friend, hes having some issues with BSOD's. The BSOD event are completely random. He's not doing anything special when hes having the errors. System is not under full load when this happens aswell. My friends computer specs are:...