Windows 10: Random BSoD Triggering Boot Loop with More BSoDs

Discus and support Random BSoD Triggering Boot Loop with More BSoDs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I built this computer roughly three weeks ago, and for the first two weeks it was running fine. In the last week though, I've been getting random blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ferris, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Ferris Win User

Random BSoD Triggering Boot Loop with More BSoDs

I built this computer roughly three weeks ago, and for the first two weeks it was running fine. In the last week though, I've been getting random blue screens that send my computer into a loop of more blue screens for the next ~5-10 minutes. Eventually the computer tries running auto-repair, finds nothing to repair, and starts up normally . . . only to have the process repeat some amount of time later.

The stop codes I've seen are as follows:
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
    PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (most common)
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (in one instance, listed the source as volsnap.sys; otherwise, no more info)
    and just today, CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.

There doesn't seem to be any consistent pattern to the crashes. They've happened while I was playing Fallout, installing mods through Nexus Mod Manager, and just sitting here trying to find similar problems on the forums.

I'm going through the BSoD posting instructions right now. I've uploaded the archive generated by the log collector tool.

If it helps, my specs:
    Motherboard: MSI Z170a Gaming Pro
    CPU: Intel i7-6700K
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 4x4GB
    Graphic Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 1070

I'm so lost here. I've tried reinstalling Windows, running a disk check (passed), running a memory test (all RAM cards passed), reseating the RAM in case a card had come loose (no difference) . . . and the computer was working fine for two weeks, so I have no idea what's going wrong.

:)

Ferris, Dec 22, 2016
  2. nxjl18 Win User

BSOD Loop on boot

Hello,

Earlier today my computer crashed into a BSOD and ever since then it is stuck on a BSOD loop when trying to boot into windows.

Things I have tried so far:

-Booting from a USB Windows (Loads the windows logo then BSOD)

-Letting it do automatic repair (BSOD)

-Letting it do disk check (BSOD)

-Running it with different RAM sticks (BSOD)

-Running it without the 1060 (BSOD)

-Clearing BIOS settings (BSOD)

I am at a loss. Any help appreciated.

System

-Intel i5 6600k

-Nvidia 1060

-16gb ram

-gigabyte z170x

nxjl18, Dec 22, 2016
  3. ChrisHaEs Win User
    BSOD due to DPC_Watchdog_Violation

I have done some of the steps suggested and it seems the BSOD goes away in general but it's still consistently triggered by one activity, downloading via qBitorrrent. It happens consistently, with the same error code, DPC watchdog violation

Here's my new MiniDump file: 012618-31203-01.rar

Are there any more clues as to why this specific application consistently trigger the BSOD? I've tried other similar application like uTorrent but it still triggers BSOD regardless of which application I use.

Thank you again for your help.

ChrisHaEs, Dec 22, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Ferris,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

What memory test did you run? I assume it is the built-in memory test, because all others I know don't mention that a card has completely pasesd (you can run those tests infinitely)

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely including PSU, cooling and other used stuff like mouse, keyboard, monitor, case, etc.
    The PSU, cooling and other stuff are NOT mentioned in the tool.
    In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'. After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

Random BSoD Triggering Boot Loop with More BSoDs [​IMG]

Random BSoD Triggering Boot Loop with More BSoDs [​IMG]

Thema:

1. Random BSoD Triggering Boot Loop with More BSoDs - Similar Threads - Random BSoD Triggering

2. BSOD Loop happening at random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Loop happening at random: I'm on a Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 11 22H2 I had 23H2 but I decided to roll back the update thinking it'll fix the issue I'll talk about below Over the past month I've had consecutive BSOD crashes with the stopcode KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Ever since I fixed my...
  3. BSOD Loop happening at random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD Loop happening at random: I'm on a Dell Inspiron Laptop running Windows 11 22H2 I had 23H2 but I decided to roll back the update thinking it'll fix the issue I'll talk about below Over the past month I've had consecutive BSOD crashes with the stopcode KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Ever since I fixed my...
  4. Stuck in BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in BSOD boot loop: Hey, whenever I boot up windows 10, I can't get past the windows loading screen when a blue screen pops up saying Ntfs.sys failed. I can't get past the loading screen at all, what can I do?...
  5. Random BSODs on boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random BSODs on boot: Good evening everyone. When I turn on my computer bought barely a week ago or so, it gives a BSOD which says that a driver signature couldn't be verified or something like that. When I press ENTER, it starts giving random "Missing or corrupt driver" or checksum header thing...
  6. BSOD Boot Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD Boot Loop: Hello and help, My windows 10 computer is in a continuous loop. upon boot up, I get "preparing auto repair, then diagnosing your computer, then it goes to a blue screen with all the troubleshoot options, none of which work, im currently in dos at the x:/windows/system32>...
  7. Boot loop and BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop and BSOD.: Hi, new to the forum, I'm pretty desperate for help with some issues with W10 Pro, apologies if I fail some etiquette. Recently I had a BSOD with an error about the ntfs.sys having an issue. After rebooting windows goes into a boot loop and automatic repair failure. I've...
  8. Boot loop and BSOD.

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot loop and BSOD.: Hi, new to the forum, I'm pretty desperate for help with some issues with W10 Pro, apologies if I fail some etiquette. Recently I had a BSOD with an error about the ntfs.sys having an issue. After rebooting windows goes into a boot loop and automatic repair failure. I've...
  9. Windows bsod boot loop

Windows bsod boot loop: Hey guys hope someone here can help me before I go mad. I built my new gaming pc and she was running smoothly until windows did a automatic update (without my permission) now nothing works. I keep getting hit with this error 0xc0000034 message which tells me that there is an...
  10. BSOD more or less randomly

BSOD more or less randomly: I did some troubleshooting by myself with the first memory dump, and I concluded that there was something wrong with my network card drivers, which I updated. Then I got two more BSODs (I have gotten a lot more before these three, but I haven't enabled memory dump then), with...