Windows 10: Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle

Discus and support Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Typically when I step away from my laptop, or leave it over night - I will awake to it having a BSOD and reboots to the Dell Alienware Recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by jpkinfla, Jun 28, 2016.

1. jpkinfla Win User

Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle

Typically when I step away from my laptop, or leave it over night - I will awake to it having a BSOD and reboots to the Dell Alienware Recovery Program. I've updated all the drivers I can, and it still is giving me this issue. Luckily it rarely happens while I'm actively using the laptop.

:)

jpkinfla, Jun 28, 2016
  2. DeetleVa Win User

11 BSODs in 3 months with Windows 10

The BSODs have been random. Some have occurred while the laptop was idle, others during various operations. HP did not list chipset driver updates for windows 10. I installed the latest drivers listed for Windows 7. I have had two more BSODs:

Driver overran stack buffer and Unexpected kernel mode trap. I added the two minidumps for 1/27/2016

DeetleVa, Jun 28, 2016
  3. GoomanIQS Win User
    GoomanIQS, Jun 28, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

There should have been a file called Genuine.txt created from DM_Log_collector. It's not in the zip file you uploaded.
    Please run the following command from a Elevated Command Prompt and post the results here, thanks:

slmgr /dlv

Ztruker, Jun 28, 2016
  5. jpkinfla Win User
    When I ran the command line prompt, it didn't save a Genuine.txt - so I took a screen cap of the dialog it popped up.. and I've attached it here.

jpkinfla, Jun 28, 2016
  6. jpkinfla Win User
    The prior ZIP file was from an older version, so I updated it and now it includes the Genuine.txt file.. attached here.

jpkinfla, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle - Similar Threads - Random BSOD typically

2. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Random BSOD while Idle: Computer has been randomly crashing while at normal and/or low usage.Checked Event viewer, found the following error:Event 18, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Bus/Interconnect...
  3. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Random BSOD while Idle: Computer has been randomly crashing while at normal and/or low usage.Checked Event viewer, found the following error:Event 18, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Bus/Interconnect...
  4. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random BSOD while working or idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD while working or idle: Hello! Since I build my new computer, I've been having random BSOD problems. I think it has to be simething related to drivers. I've reinstalled Windows 10 multiple times and updated diferent components drivers with no luck. I've been using the program WhoCrashed to try to...
  6. Random BSOD for years, typically after restarting

Random BSOD for years, typically after restarting: Hi, Been trying to resolve this issue for years, recently picked up some new ram, but didn't seem to be the solution. It seems to happen most often when I turn my computer on, or if I restart it. I've taken to just leaving it on 24/7 as it seems if it boots up. For some...
  7. random bsods even while idle

random bsods even while idle: i keep getting bsod'd i had a whole thing about it wrote up and then got it again before posting, it was fine with i built the comeputer but after i was forced to reinstall windows it started to happen alot, all dskchk and sfc scans came out fine, this is my last hope. 118605
  8. Random BSODs and restarts while idle

Random BSODs and restarts while idle: Recently my computer has started restarting itself and/or crashing when not in use. As long as I have something active and in use, like a youtube video or a game running, it will not crash or restart at all; it only restarts when I leave it idle. For example, just now I left...
  9. Random BSODs while idling/light workloads

Random BSODs while idling/light workloads: Ignore the first BSOD on august 26th that was most probably caused by SVP as it was triggered by the graphics driver i've disabled svp since then and had no graphics driver related BSODs the 3 after that happened in the short period after i installed new ram sticks(had 2...
  10. BSOD randomly while computer is basically idling

BSOD randomly while computer is basically idling: I have Windows 10 Pro 64-bit installed to my PC for 3 months now. Every once in a while PC crashes and reboot due to BSOD. Usually this happens not while the computer is under stress (gaming etc..) but when idle/only a browser open. Files attached. Can you help to identify...