Windows 10: Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER"

Discus and support Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, so I've been experiencing a large amount of BSOD's when I game but I've recently upgraded to windows 10 in hopes of the issue possibly being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ghost Prodigy, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER"

Hello, so I've been experiencing a large amount of BSOD's when I game but I've recently upgraded to windows 10 in hopes of the issue possibly being fixed so the old crash dump files are gone. One bsod occured today, so I'll leave a download for it below, thanks for any help

Specs: Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor Video Card AMD Radeon R9 200 Series Memory 8.1 GB Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 10240), 64-bit

:)

Ghost Prodigy, Jul 30, 2015

2. Win10 BSOD, Help.

One other thing when I did see the BSOD at random, it said BAD POOL HEADER.

Corey Fleece, Jul 30, 2015
  3. PrernaS Win User
    BSOD

I have been getting a BSOD stating "bad pool header,corrupt driver expool & kernel security check failure". I have tried all recovery & troubleshoot options & with safe mode on does'nt really help. Please someone help me out.

PrernaS, Jul 30, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER"

Hello Ghost Prodegy, Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions, BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums. Also,

Please fill out your System Specs

Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER" [​IMG]
    Information Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.
    If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you are unsure how to do it, maybe this will help System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

The dump file you uploaded sys this

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 19, {20, ffffc000c6324be0, ffffc000c6324d50, 5170251} fffff80294e3b500: Unable to get MiVisibleState Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiParseImageCfgBits+3f8 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] Please Run Memtest86+

Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip
    Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask​

essenbe, Jul 30, 2015
  5. If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you are unsure how to do it, maybe this will help System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

The dump file you uploaded sys this

Code: ******************************************************************************* * * * Bugcheck Analysis * * * ******************************************************************************* Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck 19, {20, ffffc000c6324be0, ffffc000c6324d50, 5170251} fffff80294e3b500: Unable to get MiVisibleState Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiParseImageCfgBits+3f8 ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] Please Run Memtest86+

Information Please download from this site only Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip
    Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask I've ran memtest86 about a week ago, and I've passed the test with no errors.​

6. essenbe Win User
    Did you run it for 8 complete passes? That's what it takes to completely test the ram and with 8 GB of ram should take 9-10 hours. I only have one dump file to go on and it says it is your ram. If you did run it for 8 complete passes all at the same time, then we will have to try something else.

essenbe, Jul 30, 2015
  7. Wait, I thought the entire process was automatic. I guess only 1 pass completed? The program didn't continue testing the ram after it hit 100% so I restarted my pc, and went to my daily tasks on it

8. Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER"

How would I boot memtest86 from my usb on qindows 10? F10 on startup for the boot menu doesn't seem to work anymore, thanks

9. essenbe Win User
    If you download from the link I posted above, and only there, it should run until you stop it. If you will use Version 4.20 you will not have any problems. Version 5.01 is basically the same thing, just newer and supposed to run on multi core systems. But if you push the buttons they ask you to, many people have had trouble with it. When I used it, it ran 1 pass and just stopped. It will be fine if you do not push any buttons. It will start by itself in about 10 seconds and run until you stop it by pushing escape. Please run it a minimum of 8 complete passes, more is better. If you get an error, you can stop the test. Even 1 error is unacceptable.

essenbe, Jul 30, 2015
  10. essenbe Win User
    If you can't use the one time boot menu key, you can change the boot menu in BIOS to boot from the USB or DVD drive first. When finished, change it back.

essenbe, Jul 30, 2015
  11. Alright, so I've ran memtest for 12 hours and there doesn't seem to be any errrors

12. essenbe Win User
    OK, but you didn't use the link I posted in my instructions. It does make a big difference in which test, but we'll just wait. Was it still running when you took that screenshot? It says pass 1/4. I see the wall time is 12 hours though. If you will, the next BSOD you have, please run the BSOD Posting Instructiona again and I'll see what it says. BSOD - Posting Instructions

Also, please fill out your system specs in as much detail as possible. Please give manufacturer and Model for every component you have and the version of Windows 10 you are running. If you would like to know what we would like, at the bottom left of this post, click 'My System Specs' and see mine. Please include your PSU and CPU Cooler. This may help. System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

essenbe, Jul 30, 2015
  13. Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER"

Yes, it was still running. I guess it only stops once I press esc like you said, and will do regarding the next bsod

14. I'll run the one that you suggested earlier, and post the results

15. essenbe Win User
    You may want to wait. You only had 1 dump file. So, it could have just been a one time thing that will not happen again. Plus it is easier to get a picture of what is happening with several dump files. So, it's up to you, but the dump file clearly states it was memory corruption. Then again, it wouldn't be the first time a dump file blamed the wrong thing.

essenbe, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER"

1. Random BSOD when gaming "BAD POOL HEADER" - Similar Threads - Random BSOD gaming

2. BSOD - Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Bad Pool Header: In the past few weeks I have been getting BSOD's rather frequently, specifically everytime I am playing a game. But this one caught my attention as the second error hinted at a malfunctioning disk. I have already tried looking for out of date drivers but have not succeeded...
  3. Bad Pool Header BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Pool Header BSOD: I installed the Linux Bash Shell on my laptop last year. It went fine, and I was able to use it. After getting the Windows 10 April 2018 Update, I get a Bad Pool Header BSOD whenever I try to open the shell. I already tried updating my drivers (using Driver Booster 5.2),...
  4. BSOD Bad Pool Header

BSOD Bad Pool Header: Since upgrading to Windows 10 from Windows 7, my computer would crash once a day with a bad pool header notification. I have tried everything I can think of to resolve this issue, and am coming here as a last resort. Below is my DM Log Collector zip. 32179
  5. BSOD, Bad Pool Header

BSOD, Bad Pool Header: Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Windows 10. I had Windows 10 since Insiders builds and a few weeks ago it started BSODing frequently, mainly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and BAD_POOL_HEADER, I thought a reinstall would fix the issue but it didn't, I still had 2 BSODs with the...
  6. BSOD BAD POOL HEADER when idle

BSOD BAD POOL HEADER when idle: Hi, I upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 and it works fine but whenever left idle it eventually crashes with a BAD POOL HEADER error. Any ideas how to fix? Thanks, Chris 34613
  7. BSOD - Bad Pool Header

BSOD - Bad Pool Header: I've tested the memory with memtest86, uninstalled recently installed software and updated my drivers with driver reviver. these were the recommendations on other forums and i'm unsure what else i can do to try and fix this. i tried to upload my minidump folder aswell as a...
  8. BSOD Bad pool header

BSOD Bad pool header: I Received the error, A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. BAD_POOL_HEADER Technical Information: *** STOP: 0x00000019 Beginning dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete. I try many...
  9. BSOD Bad Pool Header

BSOD Bad Pool Header: Hello I have a Laptone Wifi Dongle and a wireless mouse dongle in my USB ports on my Dell Inspiron 1750 laptop. I have uploaded the file dumps for you. I get the BDOS screen occasionally when I am browsing on my computer. Thanks 70566
  10. Bad Pool Header

in Windows 10 Support
    Bad Pool Header: Need to know why this error code appears and then how to fix 28108