Windows 10: random BSOD when playing games, Driver IRQL, ETD.sys

Discus and support random BSOD when playing games, Driver IRQL, ETD.sys in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I've been getting random blue screens since i got my laptop a year ago, i've been getting blue screens when playing games like Overwatch and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jooshuar, May 15, 2017.

1. Jooshuar Win User

random BSOD when playing games, Driver IRQL, ETD.sys

Hi,
    I've been getting random blue screens since i got my laptop a year ago, i've been getting blue screens when playing games like Overwatch and Smite. The blue screens are not constant but they come up every once a month.

The blue screens would say: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys)

Attachment 135275

:)

Jooshuar, May 15, 2017

2. Windows 10 BSODs

Hi,

Yesterday, I've got 3 BSODs in 10 min but no dump file was created. The dump option is enabled

- Interrupt Exception Not Handled (Boot)

- Bad Pool Caller (Random crash)

- Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal (Boot)

Ten is 6.4, May 15, 2017
  3. Blue Screen of death

When playing games or just operating normally the pc regularly blue screens. Sometimes with the error driver irql not less or equal or sometimes with others/none.

JezzSamuel, May 15, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Here are the details of the ETD,sys driver on your system:

Code: 1: kd> lmvm etd Browse full module list start end module name fffff805`17310000 fffff805`17383000 ETD T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ETD.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ETD.sys Image name: ETD.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Sep 10 12:42:13 2015 (55F16C95) CheckSum: 00078693 ImageSize: 00073000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] If you can find a driver for the smart pad that is more recent try updating it.

philc43, May 16, 2017
  5. Jooshuar Win User
    I've managed to update my smart pad and other drivers through the device manager. I hope I will not be getting any more blue screens of death in the future.

Thanks for helping me out.

Jooshuar, May 16, 2017
  6. Jooshuar Win User
    Ok, so I have come across another blue screen of death during my gaming sessions when I try to update my drivers it says that they are currently up to date with the latest versions. I have attached a latest dm log collector on this.Attachment 138202

I am unsure on what to do next to prevent any future blue screens.
    Please help.

Jooshuar, Jun 4, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    There are no new crash dumps in the log files for me to analyse. Make sure everything is configured right for saving these dump files: Configure Windows 10 to Create Minidump on BSOD

Some things I notice from the other log files:

You have a few instances of where Fast Start is failing - it might be better to turn off Fast start-up if it is not working well.
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

You seem to have a number of AV programs running - Kaspersky, McAfee and Windows Defender. Sometimes these can conflict so I would run with just Windows Defender while you are troubleshooting. Use the uninstallers from here to make sure they are completely removed: Anti Virus (AV) stand alone removal tools

philc43, Jun 5, 2017
  8. Jooshuar Win User

I have uninstalled Kaspersky and McAfee and disabled fast startup.
    I have also checked how memory dumps are created and it was already set to automatic when writing debugging information. I guess the system was not able to log it.

Jooshuar, Jun 5, 2017
  9. Jooshuar Win User
    Hello again, I have come across another BSOD while gaming and I still get the same error 'driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (etd.sys)' this time I have tried disabling my touchpad since i use a wired mouse anyway on my laptop but I still get the error.

Attachment 143501

Jooshuar, Jul 10, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    Code: BugCheck D1, {ffff8a0f4309f782, 2, 0, fffff80f8e903fd8} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ETD.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ETD.sys Probably caused by : ETD.sys ( ETD+23fd8 )[/quote] ETD.sys ELAN PS/2 Port Smart Pad OEM - none at: ELAN Microelectronics Corp.

Code: fffff803`ac4037c8 fffff80f`8edcd626Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvcvi.inf_amd64_632f99892e9ad691\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x10d626[/quote]
    Code: ffffc681`762463b8 fffff805`143c0fdcUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys igdkmd64+0x110fdc[/quote] Code: igfx igfx igfx Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 20,480 5,292,032 0 08/03/2017 18:38:22 C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys 8,192[/quote] igdkmd64.sys Intel Graphics driver Drivers & Software

Code: fffff803`8cdcb5a8 fffff802`193eb502Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvcvi.inf_amd64_ceefd6ec7a90f2e8\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm+0x10b502[/quote] nvlddmkm.sys nVidia Video drivers Download Drivers | NVIDIA
    Get from OEM for laptops

Code: {Registry Hive Recovered} Registry hive (file): '\??\C:\Users\basta\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\UsrClass.dat' was corrupted and it has been recovered. Some data might have been lost.[/quote] Code: Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4.[/quote]

Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:

1) winver (in the pop up about windows > view your windows version and build > type this information into the thread)

2) sfc /scannow

3) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

4) chkdsk /scan

When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on copy > paste into the thread

5) perform windows updates and post any failed KB# and error code

6) confirm that you updated ELAN PS/2 Port Smart Pad using device manger

7) confirm that you uninstalled all antivirus programs using the specially designed antivirus uninstall tools.
    Kaspersky: Removal tool
    Mcafee: McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool Download

8) please confirm that you are only using windows defender

9) Uninstall all Nvidia drivers/softwareThe best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from the NVidia website.
    When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.
    Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.6.7: Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

10) Update the Intel graphics driver by downloading a new driver for your computers configuration and operating system: Drivers & Software

11) download and install the Intel driver update utility: Intel® Driver Update Utility

12) confirm that you have turned off Windows fast startup:
    Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

13) Make sure that there is no over clocking while troubleshooting.

Sometimes there are problems in the bios that produce bsod.
    The bios in your computer: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1.03.01, 21/07/2015

Please check to see if this is the most up to date version.

To ensure that there are no improper bios settings please reset the bios.

Sometimes there can be failure to boot after resetting the bios.

So please make sure your files are backed up.

Please make a backup image with Macrium:

Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free: Macrium Software | Macrium Reflect Free
    And please create a restore point.

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings:

How to Clear Your Computers CMOS to Reset BIOS Settings

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow:

3 Ways to Reset Your BIOS - wikiHow

14) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 runs.
    This may take many hours so plan to run it overnight.Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more runs make an image of the results to post into the thread.
    Memory problems. - Microsoft Community
    MemTest86+ - Test RAM Windows 10 BSOD Tutorials

zbook, Jul 11, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    The ETD.sys driver is the same as the one when I first posted about this back in May.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm etd Browse full module list start end module name fffff80f`8e8e0000 fffff80f`8e953000 ETD T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: ETD.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ETD.sys Image name: ETD.sys Browse all global symbols functions data Timestamp: Thu Sep 10 12:42:13 2015 (55F16C95) CheckSum: 00078693 ImageSize: 00073000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] It would seem that the driver has reverted back again so you need to update it as you did before. Double-check in device manager to make sure it is updated by looking for the driver version and date.

philc43, Jul 12, 2017
  12. Jooshuar Win User
    Windows version: 1607 (OS Build 14393.1480)

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.14393](c) 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.C:\WINDOWS\system32>winverC:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannowBeginning system scan. This process will take some time.Beginning verification phase of system scan.Verification 100% complete.Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scanThe type of the file system is NTFS.Volume label is Windows.Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 567552 file records processed.File verification completed. 29672 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ... 674350 index entries processed.Index verification completed. 0 unindexed files scanned. 0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...Security descriptor verification completed. 53400 data files processed.CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal... 39191104 USN bytes processed.Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.No further action is required.

233306340 KB total disk space. 142279912 KB in 296822 files. 194912 KB in 53401 indexes. 0 KB in bad sectors. 691576 KB in use by the system. 65536 KB occupied by the log file. 90139940 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit. 58326585 total allocation units on disk. 22534985 allocation units available on disk.C:\WINDOWS\system32>

Jooshuar, Jul 12, 2017
  13. Jooshuar Win User

While installing windows it had failed to install at first (KB4025339) but then it corrected itself on the second round while installing and installed without any problems.

I'm assuming the ELAN PS/2 Port Smart Pad you're talking about is the ELAN Input Device on my own device manager and I tried to update but all it says it I have the latest driver software installed.

I managed to fully remove Kaspersky and Mcaffee using your website links and I've been using Windows Defender as my primary antivirus software.

Jooshuar, Jul 12, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    1) Uninstall Elan

2) Use file explorer and search for ETD.sys

3) Make sure that ETD.sys is uninstalled.

4) Then reinstall so that you have a fresh installation.

zbook, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. random BSOD when playing games, Driver IRQL, ETD.sys - Similar Threads - random BSOD playing

2. Random BSOD again when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD again when playing games.: I have been getting some bad BSOD lately. whenever i play a game like Fallout 4 my pc would suddenly go black and a few minutes would restart again.\The reason I say "again" is because at one point I was able to fix it by rolling back to another driver version and that fixed...
  3. Random BSOD again when playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD again when playing games.: I have been getting some bad BSOD lately. whenever i play a game like Fallout 4 my pc would suddenly go black and a few minutes would restart again.\The reason I say "again" is because at one point I was able to fix it by rolling back to another driver version and that fixed...
  4. Random BSOD again when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD Driver Irql Not Less or Equal while playing games

BSOD Driver Irql Not Less or Equal while playing games: Hello, I have a Zephyrus G14 laptop, whenever I play video games, I get BSOD error which is Driver Irql Not Less or Equal. Here is the dump file, can you please have a look and fix this error?...
  6. BSODs when playing games IRQL,KMODE and others

BSODs when playing games IRQL,KMODE and others: Hello, so I recently had problems with my RTX 2070 super OC and i sent it back to check it. Before i sent it back i also updated bios to 2602 version which is a beta version. Well i sent the graphic card back and got a GTX 960 from a friend. I started getting blue screens so...
  7. Getting random bsods when playing games

Getting random bsods when playing games: Hi guys, I am getting random bsods when i play games.I checked event viewer and it shows I got bugcheck 1001,1005 and kernel error 41.I brought my pc like 2 years ago.This problem is happening to me for like 1 or 2 months.Pls help me.I wanna get rid of it. PC SPECS:...
  8. BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal L1C63x64.sys

BSOD Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal L1C63x64.sys: I am getting this error every time I try to open a browser window. I have seen others with the same question, and I have tried to resolve the issue using the steps listed on their questions. Those steps do jot work for me. Any help would be very welcome....
  9. "IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" BSOD when playing games

"IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL" BSOD when playing games: Hello everyone! So i got myself a new rig last week. Runs great, runs cool and kicks ass. But i have one problem, which is these random BSODs i get when playing games. They happen about once every 1-2 hours. *Shock My setup: ROG GTX 1080 Strix i7 8700k (OC @ 4.9gz) 16gb...
  10. Random BSODs, Driver IRQL ETD.sys

Random BSODs, Driver IRQL ETD.sys: Hello, I have been getting random BSODs for weeks now and I am totally clueless on what to do. The BSOD Message is : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys) Recently updated to windows 10. I cant seem to remember if the BSODs begun before I updated. Anyone willing to...