Windows 10: Random BSOD while browsing internet

Discus and support Random BSOD while browsing internet in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; HI i am having this random BSOD while just browsing internet and while playing some games. Most of the time it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by roshanrbb, May 20, 2016.

1. roshanrbb Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

HI

i am having this random BSOD while just browsing internet and while playing some games.
    Most of the time it seems that ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys is causing the BSOD when i checked with BlueScreenView.

bug check string Bad_Pool_Header and Bad_Pool_Caller. Seems memory issue? I have done memtest with windows inbuilt test tool but the test is passed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:)

roshanrbb, May 20, 2016

2. irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD

Hello, I has this type of BSOD earlier today while I was browsing the internet.

Here
    is a onedrive link to the minidump which resulted.

DanPetrache, May 20, 2016
  3. Pookson Win User
    BSOD 41(63) (70368744177664),(2) ntoskrnl.exe

1) Can't tell for sure because BSODs are random. It happened while I was watching a movie, while browsing, while login in to Win, while staying idle in the middle of a day\night. Also they are irregular. Today for example there was just one in the morning
    and 10 hours later still no BSOD. At the same time yesterday it happened 5 time in a row with 20~30 minutes difference.

2)No recent changes.

3)I already reinstalled Win10 couple of times. With no 3rd party drivers, with them, with just essencials etc. I am using the same software I always use. It seems that the only thing that could have changed is Win Updates being installed automaticly.

Pookson, May 20, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Code: BugCheck 19, {20, ffffe00048fe49d0, ffffe00048fe49f0, 4020008} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+1dd ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote] It is the Malwarebytes that is causing the BSOD issue.

Please uninstall Malwarebytes. Then download a fresh copy of it and install it.

See how it goes. Let us know.

5. roshanrbb Win User
    Oh I see. I will u install malwarebytes and reinstall it again. I hope it will resolve the issue.

Thanks for the reply .

roshanrbb, May 20, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    It may, or it may not.
    If not, further analysis and further steps will be needed.

7. roshanrbb Win User
    Crash is totally random. I hope the crash does not occur again.

roshanrbb, May 20, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

I noticed BitDefender is installed. It has had caused problems with Malwarebytes. You might want to try uninstalling it and using the built in Windows Defender for awhile if you still have a problem after uninstalling and reinstalling MBAM.

Ztruker, May 20, 2016
  9. Hi:

I'll leave you in the care of others more expert than I.
    However @Ztruker is correct (and so is @Arc).
    The BD-MBAM BSOD issue has been hard to track down, as it does not affect all users.
    And, of course, each computer is unique.
    For some, cleanly reinstalling the most current version of both programs resolves it, for others it does not.
    And in other cases, deeper analysis has shown that the problem has not been due to "mwac.sys" after all.

In any event, the MBAM Technical Team is aware and is working with BD on a fix.
    There was a post (and a suggested workaround) just a few hours ago from the Director of Technical Products here.

HTH,
    MM

MoxieMomma, May 21, 2016
  10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

11. roshanrbb Win User
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I have just uninstalled mbam for now. Let's hope the crash won't return again.

roshanrbb, May 21, 2016
  12. Ztruker Win User
    Sorry, Bitdefender is a problem: BSOD BAD_POOL_HEADER - mwac.sys - Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Help - Malwarebytes Forums

Ztruker, May 23, 2016
  13. ARC
    Arc Win User

14. roshanrbb Win User
    It's two guys fighting to control same resource on the computer that's causing the crash?

roshanrbb, May 23, 2016
  15. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Partially, because Malwarebytes is designed in such a way that it can work with any other dedicated antivirus.

The main reason behind the issue is, as far as I understand, the third party antivirus programs suffer from two things. First, they dont have windows source codes and so cannot make their product exactly compatible with windows as Windows Defender is; and second, their point of focus is different from that of windows. They concentrate on detecting possible threats and the aggressiveness of this detecting process causes conflicts with the system native filter drivers ..... mainly storage and network filters.

Each and every third party antivirus program causes BSODs, but not for all. It is totally uncertain in which system it will cause an issue.

Thema:

1. Random BSOD while browsing internet - Similar Threads - Random BSOD while

2. BSOD appeared randomly during internet browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD appeared randomly during internet browsing: I get the CRITICAL PROCESS DIED error. I tried a few things on the internet, but they either didn't work or are not accessible:No new hardware or software installed, the latest thing I installed was a game and expansion a few days ago.Restart and continue does not...
  3. Random BSOD while playing or browsing internet, error 0x0000001a

Random BSOD while playing or browsing internet, error 0x0000001a: Im having this issue for like 3 weeks already, whenever im browsing internet or playing games I get a random BSOD with different errors such as MEMORY MANAGEMENT or IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. I check the dump on on BSOD Viewer and the fault is always ntoskrnl.exe. I've already...
  4. Random BSODs while gaming/browsing

Random BSODs while gaming/browsing: Let me get straight to it. I have been on Windows 10 since the free upgrade offer. I have had 0 issues up until recently where my PC would randomly crash and most of the BSOD's would list CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. Most of the time I would be playing League of Legends and other...
  5. BSOD while browsing internet and then cant restart.

BSOD while browsing internet and then cant restart.: Happy New Year to all. Computer has been acting up it seems after every Windows 10 update. I had to unplug my external 2nd monitor adapter but now it will happen just browsing as well then gets BSOD, restarts, says it's attempting automatic repair, then BSOD, and repeats...
  6. Several BSODs while gaming and browsing the internet

Several BSODs while gaming and browsing the internet: For the past month my PC, out of nowhere and with no warnings, started getting daily bluescreens. At times it was 1 bluescreen a week for 2 weeks, then suddenly I was being bombarded with bluescreens every day, reaching the count of at least a dozen a day. Most frequent ones...
  7. BSOD while Browsing the Internet/Streaming Videos

BSOD while Browsing the Internet/Streaming Videos: Hello all, I have had an issue of my computer Blue screening multiple times over the past few weeks. The frequency has increased and I cannot replicate the issue on demand, it comes and goes by itself. The first time I noticed this was when my computer BSODed when I was...
  8. BSOD randomly while browsing (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

BSOD randomly while browsing (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION): Hi all, I've been getting a BSOD kind of randomly the past few days. It happened twice today and a few other times this week. Seems to be kind of random, but usually I'm browsing web and running some other apps in background when it happens. Any help would be appreciated....
  9. BSOD randomly browsing internet; ntoskrnl.exe

BSOD randomly browsing internet; ntoskrnl.exe: Been typing something when BSOD happened. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR EQUAL. bluescreenview points to ntoskrnl.exe+14e2e0 I have recently replaced my CPU, CPU cooler, and moved RAM around in slots to fit the cooler easier. I think one of the ram slots used to give me issues...
  10. BSOD / 0x00000124 / while browsing internet

BSOD / 0x00000124 / while browsing internet: I was browsing internet and i suddenly got bsdod. Screen stopped responding and after few moments i got this blue screen. [img] System: CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V-LX GPU: GTX 750Ti PSU: XFX Core Edition Pro 550W RAM: 8GB Gskill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz...