Windows 10: Random BSOD whilst machine Idle

Discus and support Random BSOD whilst machine Idle in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello All I am wondering if you can help I am currently running Windows 10 and suffered a BSOD whilst I was asleep so I apologise for not having... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Armageddon, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Random BSOD whilst machine Idle

Hello All

I am wondering if you can help I am currently running Windows 10 and suffered a BSOD whilst I was asleep so I apologise for not having more information than that , I have attached the required ZIP and am willing to provide more info as needed.

Any help/advice will be very much appreciated

:)

Armageddon, Jun 2, 2015
  2. GoomanIQS Win User

BSOD after Creators' Update - DMP files attached

I get random BSODs since the Creators' Update. Sometimes they occur even when my laptop is idle.

I've run Driver Verifier, rebooted and got a BSOD immediately, indicating the culprit is dam.sys

DMP file and MSINFO32 output available at https://infinityqs4-my.sharepoint.c...yqs_com/Documents/bsod-dam.zip?csf=1&e=gXH2A2

GoomanIQS, Jun 2, 2015
  3. DeetleVa Win User
    11 BSODs in 3 months with Windows 10

The BSODs have been random. Some have occurred while the laptop was idle, others during various operations. HP did not list chipset driver updates for windows 10. I installed the latest drivers listed for Windows 7. I have had two more BSODs:

Driver overran stack buffer and Unexpected kernel mode trap. I added the two minidumps for 1/27/2016

DeetleVa, Jun 2, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Random BSOD whilst machine Idle

Hello, Armageddon. I will try to help, if I can. You had one dump file and it was of little help.

Code: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except, it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it is pointing at freed memory. Arguments: Arg1: ffffe000aa668358, memory referenced. Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation. Arg3: fffff8007d116f4c, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory address. Arg4: 0000000000000002, (reserved)[/quote] If you would, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Also, please check your Windows Updates and make sure all updates are installed. Go to Settings > Windows Update > Advanced Options > View your Update History and tell me how many updates failed and how many of those were successfully installed at a later date.

essenbe, Jun 6, 2015
  5. vinsterX Win User
    Essenbe, before I create my own computer freezing at random times--particulary at idle--post, I wanted to ask what are the appropriate/useful logs to post to help in troubleshooting?

Thanks in advance!

vinsterX, Jun 24, 2015
  6. essenbe Win User
    essenbe, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD whilst machine Idle

1. Random BSOD whilst machine Idle - Similar Threads - Random BSOD whilst

2. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  3. Random BSODs whilst playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs whilst playing games: For a while now, I have been receiving random blue screens whilst playing games, sometimes it would show no service exception, and other messages, I have uploaded the mini dumps, if someone could look at them it would be greatly appreciated as i don't know what im doing. I...
  4. Random BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD when idle: I do not know what's happening, I've reinstalled OS, Display drivers, reseating every component.My key issue is random BSOD literally different code error; sometimes no code, a month before, it keeps crashing on itself. i reinstalled windows 10 my original OS ; it was...
  5. Random BSOD when idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD when idle: I do not know what's happening, I've reinstalled OS, Display drivers, reseating every component.My key issue is random BSOD literally different code error; sometimes no code, a month before, it keeps crashing on itself. i reinstalled windows 10 my original OS ; it was...
  6. Random BSOD once idle

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD once idle: So I've been having this issue for some time. Before it was once every few days, then it turned into once a day, now it's multiple times a day and I can not figure out what the problem is. I've updated drivers, disabled drivers, swapped hardware out, freshly installed Windows...
  7. Win10 BSOD Randomly whilst watching YouTube

Win10 BSOD Randomly whilst watching YouTube: Recently I was just chilling watching YouTube and for some unknown reason I got a BSOD; I was only watching YT and wasn't doing anything demanding with my PC. MSInfo32: MSInfo32.zip Minidumps: Minidumps.zip...
  8. random bsods even while idle

random bsods even while idle: i keep getting bsod'd i had a whole thing about it wrote up and then got it again before posting, it was fine with i built the comeputer but after i was forced to reinstall windows it started to happen alot, all dskchk and sfc scans came out fine, this is my last hope. 118605
  9. Random BSODs and restarts while idle

Random BSODs and restarts while idle: Recently my computer has started restarting itself and/or crashing when not in use. As long as I have something active and in use, like a youtube video or a game running, it will not crash or restart at all; it only restarts when I leave it idle. For example, just now I left...
  10. GPU 100% Whilst Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    GPU 100% Whilst Idle: Merry Christmas everyone. There's plenty of threads of this issue on the internet, and I'm just going to list what I've tried: Closing all applications Virus scan (Malwarebytes and Defender offline scan) Driver Factory reset DDU The curious thing is it's only GPU-Z...