Windows 10: Random BSOD

Discus and support Random BSOD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; every so often I get the kernel security check failure bsod. One point I wasn't running anything and it happened after boot. I added all my pc specs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by OutlawM2S, Oct 11, 2015.

1. OutlawM2S Win User

Random BSOD

every so often I get the kernel security check failure bsod. One point I wasn't running anything and it happened after boot. I added all my pc specs to my profile

:)

OutlawM2S, Oct 11, 2015

2. ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0 BSOD error

So far, with one memory chip no BSOD. But, getting a BSOD would be random and infrequent.

I've went through that article in the past and still have gotten BSOD.

Kevin.Wieser, Oct 11, 2015
  3. Alan B Win User
    DISM, Windows Reset/Refresh not working.

Faulty RAM can give rise to 'random' blue screens (BSODs).

Alan B, Oct 11, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Random BSOD

Hi OutlawM2S,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Please remove the ASUS software, this software is known for causing BSOD's.

In case of
    Please move some files from the G partition to increase the free space to at least 10-15%.
    Every partition needs at least 10-15% free space so Windows can do its thing in the background.

Random BSOD [​IMG]
    Warning Less free space could cause BSOD's

Random BSOD [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    Random BSOD [​IMG]
    DRIVER VERIFIER

Random BSOD [​IMG]
    Warning Please make a backup of your important files and get your rescue media or create one.
    Please create a restore point.
    Please follow this tutorial to run driver verifier.

Some windows drivers are blamed in a few crashes, but that usually means that a 3rd party driver is actually the cause.
    Driver verifier stresses your drivers and will crash your pc if any driver fails due to a violation.

Driver verifier should be performed for a max of 48 hours, or when you have a bluescreen, whatever comes first.

If driver verifier has found a violation and you can't get back into windows normally, try to boot into safe mode and reset in safe mode driver verifier, or in the troubleshooting options open command prompt and type verifier /reset.

Random BSOD [​IMG]
    Note Your system will act very sluggishly while driver verifier is enabled, this is normal as your drivers will be being subjected to heavy testing in order to make them crash.

5. OutlawM2S Win User
    thanks for the reply the free space issue on my drive was only since yesterday it use to have 30% free on it while my BSOD issue has been going on longer then that. I removed the ASUS software it was from my old motherboard. I will try driver verifier later on and post back with the results

OutlawM2S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD

1. Random BSOD - Similar Threads - Random BSOD

2. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  3. Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly hangs, no BSOD, have to hard reset: Recently my laptop has been randomly freezing completely. There is no blue screen, the audio stops and the trackpad and keyboard stop working. I have only recently factory reset my device 2 weeks ago due to BSOD issues. I have checked the event viewer after the freezing,...
  4. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  5. Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump

Random Windows shutdowns without BSOD or dump/minidump: SYSTEM SPECS - [ No Overclocks! ]MOBO MSI MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI MS-7D52 AM4CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800xGPU ZOTAC RTX 3070tiRAM G.Skill Trident-Z Royal 32gb 2x16 3600MHz RAMSTORAGE 931GB Western Digital WD Green SN350 1TB [BOOT DRIVE] - ssd 931GB Western Digital WDC...
  6. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  7. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  8. BSoD at random times and it keeps giving me different error messages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD at random times and it keeps giving me different error messages.: I keep getting BSoD at random times. It gives me a different error code every time so I don't know what could be causing it. I've gotten DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DPC Watchdog Violation, and a few others that I don't remember....
  9. BSoD at random times and it keeps giving me different error messages.

BSoD at random times and it keeps giving me different error messages.: I keep getting BSoD at random times. It gives me a different error code every time so I don't know what could be causing it. I've gotten DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DPC Watchdog Violation, and a few others that I don't remember....
  10. Random and Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...