Windows 10: Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

Discus and support Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, First post here. Apologies if I mess something up. *Redface Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by xnaas, Feb 4, 2016.

1. xnaas Win User

Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install

Hey all,

First post here. Apologies if I mess something up. *Redface Going to include all of the information I can at the top and work from there.

Current build: Intel Core i7-5820K, EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti, Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) - DT - 's Saved Part List - PCPartPicker
    Old build (until I update my site): Desktop Specs
    Dump files:

How this started
    So I was running on my old build just fine. I wanted to upgrade from an i7 to make streaming hurt a bit less and maybe experiment around with some server stuff. Anyway, I went to Fry's on Sunday(?) and bought everything. I got Windows installed and everything the following day (Feb 1, where the first BSOD occurs). When I installed Windows, I completely wiped my SSD and did a new install of Windows 10 Pro via USB. Installed all my drivers and thought everything would be good to go. BSOD on day 1. I thought it couldn't be too big of a deal and went on.

Where we are now
    Now, I've gotten 3 BSODs. I cannot get another one to happen. I ran memtest overnight and my RAM completed 48 passes with 0 errors. I know this isn't a 100% sure way to know that the RAM is fine, but it seems like a pretty good indicator. Granted, it's Patriot, which is like the lowest tier of RAM, so it's very likely I just have faulty RAM.

I've attached SSD and RAM support lists. Technically neither is on the list, but it seems unlikely that this is the cause. Other, similar, Patriot memory is supported and the smaller version of my SSD is supported.

All of my drivers are up to date from Nvidia, Intel, and Gigabyte. SSD firmware is up to date. Periphels have up-to-date drivers as well. I can't see an out-of-date driver being the issue here, although my BSODs would seem to indicate that is the case unless there is an obvious hardware failure.

What to do?
    I have 30 days from Sunday to take anything in for a full refund or swap. If this is a hardware issue, I'd like to go in and get it remedied immediately. If this is a driver issue...I'm not really sure what I can do. I can't get the BSODs to happen, they just happen when they do. All of my drivers, firmware, BIOS, etc. are up-to-date.

Should I do a fresh install of Windows again and work from there?

-----

Any and all feedback, ideas, etc. is greatly appreciated.

:)

xnaas, Feb 4, 2016
  2. JSutXH Win User

Windows 10 kernel security check failure after upgrade

I'm constantly getting kernel security check failure at random times and I cant figure out why. Even after a fresh install of the anniversary update I still get bsod.

JSutXH, Feb 4, 2016
  3. Blue Screen errors after windows 10 installation

Hi sorry for late reply doesn't seem to happen when running in safe mode or clean boot. I originally done a fresh install using a bootable usb. The issue carried on happening so I done another install using the media creation tool and get the bsod at random
    intervals when using computer still. There has been no hardware updates the pc is fairly new. I do install drivers after the install of windows for my components, could one of these drivers be the cause of the issue? Is there anyway of finding out which one
    could be causing this?

ToniDolphin1993, Feb 4, 2016
  4. xnaas Win User

I should add that I have found no corruption in windows running Code: sfc /scannow[/quote] or various Code: DISM[/quote] commands. CHKDSK also returned back to me clean.

xnaas, Feb 4, 2016
  5. xnaas Win User
    xnaas, Feb 4, 2016
Thema:

1. Random BSODs after Hardware Upgrade and Fresh Windows Install - Similar Threads - Random BSODs Hardware

2. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e random BSODs after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e random BSODs after hardware upgrade: I have been receiving random BSODs ever since changing my motherboard and CPU. I updated all drivers, tested memory, ran a system repair and no fixes. I reinstalled windows with a in place upgrade removing all third party programs and still getting BSODs. Any other...
  3. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e random BSODs after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e random BSODs after hardware upgrade: I have been receiving random BSODs ever since changing my motherboard and CPU. I updated all drivers, tested memory, ran a system repair and no fixes. I reinstalled windows with a in place upgrade removing all third party programs and still getting BSODs. Any other...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 1e random BSODs after hardware upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install: I really need some help on this.AMD Ryzen 7 3600, 16GB Ram, Biostar B450MH motherboard. motherboard set to defaults.I don't have spare parts, so I want to make the best decision on what to try first.I get random BsOD with varying error messages Kernal Security Check Failure,...
  6. Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install: I really need some help on this.AMD Ryzen 7 3600, 16GB Ram, Biostar B450MH motherboard. motherboard set to defaults.I don't have spare parts, so I want to make the best decision on what to try first.I get random BsOD with varying error messages Kernal Security Check Failure,...
  7. Random BsOD after fresh Windows 10 install

8. BSOD after hardware upgrades

BSOD after hardware upgrades: Hi all, I had installed new parts into my PC and ever since I've had frequent BSODs. I installed a new motherboard, CPU, PC case, new SSD and powersupply.Motherboard is a B550 Steel Legend, CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3600I had upgraded from a Core i5 6400. I have note done a clean...
  9. Random BSOD on Windows 10 fresh install.

Random BSOD on Windows 10 fresh install.: Hi.I have been having an infuriating issue with my Plex Server running Windows 10. It has started randomly BSOD every 20 minutes or so. All the system is does is runs Plex. Nothing else in installed on the system save for what Windows pre-installs. After every BSOD the Event...
  10. Constant BSOD after fresh install and memory upgrade

Constant BSOD after fresh install and memory upgrade: Custom Rig built about 3 years ago, started experiencing BSOD a few weeks ago thought it was BIOS so i updated but errors haven't gone away. Steps accomplished so far: 1. Flashed BIOS to current / Updated all drivers 2. Replaced DDR4 Ram Modules Brand New 3. Replaced...