Windows 10: Random BSODs due to BAD_POOL_CALLER

Discus and support Random BSODs due to BAD_POOL_CALLER in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; For the last few months I have been getting these random BSODs. All due to BAD_POOL_CALLER with Bug Check Code 0x000000c2. I ran MEMTEST for 24+ hours... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GTM, Sep 1, 2018.

1. GTM
    GTM Win User

Random BSODs due to BAD_POOL_CALLER

For the last few months I have been getting these random BSODs. All due to BAD_POOL_CALLER with Bug Check Code 0x000000c2. I ran MEMTEST for 24+ hours without any issues so there is no problem with the system memory. Then downloaded a utility (BlueScrenView) which analyzed the minidump and it highlighted three MS drivers (fwpkclnt.sys, NETIO.SYS, and ntoskrnl.exe). I contacted MS support to see if they could help diagnose the real issue but that was fruitless.

:)

2. BAD_POOL_CALLER x000000c2 bsod in WIndows 10

Hello Ali,

We realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with error
    BAD_POOL_CALLER x000000c2 in Windows 10. We will certainly help you.

The BAD_POOL_CALLER bug check has a value of 0x000000C2. This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.

Blue screens (BSOD) is mostly occur due to hardware and sometimes due to incompatible software. In a lot of cases it is a corrupted driver or a driver conflict. The most common causes of blue screens are overheating, faulty RAM, video card problem
    and BIOS.

We suggest you to follow the steps from the link below and check if it helps:

Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 1, 2018
  3. ARC
    Arc Win User
    Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

This BSOD happens anywhere, irrespective of BitDefender. It takes place even when the antivirus is MSE in case of Windows 7. The most common cause is an expired trial or a cracked installation. Some examples:

We are on our way of troubleshooting. If the uninstallation and reinstallation does not work, we will take the next step.

I, in general, know what I am doing and what I am suggesting. If I feel that I am unable to control the issue, I will definitely ask for help.

4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSOD while browsing internet

BitDefender is nothing special. mwac.sys causes BSODs anywhere.
    A tiny documentation can be found here: Solved Random BSODs - Windows 10 Forums
    In that very thread, the suggested action apparently worked.

The storage and network filters of any third party antivirus can cause BSODs. Neither MBAM nor BitDefender is any special. For a regular antivirus, it may be shifted to an alternative; but MBAM has no alternative. So a clean install of the said program is the most feasible first step.
    As far as the first step is not failing, it is better to not think for the second step. Because the BSODs are not universal, failure at the first step is not universal; and success at the second step is also not universal.
    That is why I posted that my suggestion may work, or may not. Let us see where it goes.

Thema:

1. Random BSODs due to BAD_POOL_CALLER - Similar Threads - Random BSODs due

2. Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Infrequent BSoD BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hi, I built my PC 12 days ago. I have two issues left after doing everything I knew until now. One is a BSoD/crash BAD_POOL_CALLER that happens ... sometimes. 5 days ago, 3 days ago and yesterday. One was while I was watching a low-res video in my browser and another was...
  3. BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER

BSOD - BAD_POOL_CALLER: Hello, I've been experiencing some troubles using my computer. The main problem is: it's crashing every single hour of use with the BSOD (Bug Check String: BAD_POOL_CALLER). I've used BlueScreenView to check more details about the crash. Also, I've followed some procedures,...
  4. BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller

BSOD - Bad_Pool_Caller: Hello Community :) I am new here, so I don't know if I am exactly right here. Since a couple of weeks I am having issues with getting a bluescreen that says: "BAD_POOL_CALLER" around every 2 days. I have the minidump file + the systeminfo file. Where do I upload it so you...
  5. Bsod bad_pool_caller

Bsod bad_pool_caller: About every two weeks, I get a BSOD with error BAD_POOL_CALLER when browsing the internet with Firefox. Attached is the DM Log. Attachment 73788Attachment 73788 Thanks for your assistance. Joe LaPointe 46638
  6. Random BSOD (Bad_Pool_Caller) when doing nothing. fwpkcInt.sys & NetIO

Random BSOD (Bad_Pool_Caller) when doing nothing. fwpkcInt.sys & NetIO: Recently moved my pc to another town. Within the first or second day i started to experience BSODs randomly. Cannot pin point any updates or anything else. Attached minidump file. Could anyone help me out? It would be greatly appreciated! Edit: I've essentially...
  7. Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller"

Random BSODs "Bad_Pool_Caller": Over the past week or so I've been getting random BSODs with the error "Bad_Pool_Caller" out of the blue with no warning at all *Mad. Usually only happens 1-2 times a day after using my PC for a while (20-40 minutes), If I restart it after the crash it's usually fine for the...
  8. Bad_pool_caller bsod

Bad_pool_caller bsod: Hello, I have gotten a this BSOD a couple of times, sort of back to back. Both times I was just browsing the web at the time. I should also add that I am currently also having problems updating my Windows as well but I'm not sure if these are connected. 51517
  9. Bsod - bad_pool_caller

Bsod - bad_pool_caller: Greets. First time ever I hear of this particular error code. As per instructions I include the debug zip used with your tool. I have also made an UNGINE Heaven Benchmark and have the result should it be needed. The BSOD happened while playing Lord of The Rings Online...
  10. bsod bad_pool_caller

bsod bad_pool_caller: have been having very very frequent bsod with the error bad_pool_caller. i'm not sure what details to add, but lmk. thanks. 32419

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x000000c2 ark