Windows 10: Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games

Discus and support Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, so after some searching on the deal with blue screen of death and win 10, I decided i needed to make a post specific to my situation. So I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Azazrael, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Azazrael Win User

Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games

Hi all, so after some searching on the deal with blue screen of death and win 10, I decided i needed to make a post specific to my situation. So I built my PC around august of this year and generally the machine runs fine. Lately though I've gotten BSOD several times in these past few days. It usually happens when I'm playing a game (Warframe if the name matters) and the crash will say the usual "something happened need to restart yada yada", the errors however are different sometimes. At first I got IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then I got SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and some others I can't remember off the top of my head. As I was writing this actually it crashed once more so it's not exclusive to crashing while playing a game. I also uninstalled the game and then reinstalled a week back but that was with steam's verify integrity of cache option. Because the crashes started occurring after the game was verified I decided to completely uninstall then reinstall it. Again the computer crashed, this time with a FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE error. Anyways I do have the crash dump files and if someone could help me out with understanding them and figuring out how to locate the source of the problem I'd be really thankful as this is really frustrating.

Dump File Dropbox Folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2nk9kgfj1...KVqIJuEia?dl=0[1]

Also, after the first 3 crashes I opened my motherboard provided update tool and updated the BIOS and some other drivers, the crashes continued to happen though, there are two updates for the Intel LAN driver and AsRock LAN driver that don't seem to update, they'll download and install but when the program refreshes the update list, the same two drivers say they need to update to the version that I technically just updated them to. Don't know if that's a related issue at all, got another crash too, included the dump file in the list above also. As the crashes occur I'll add more dumps to the dropbox folder, I really need all the help I can get, not getting anywhere from using whocrashed and doing a clean install of my Nvidia Drivers. Posting on tom's hardware and reddit didn't get me any help either. Windows 10 forum you're my only hope!

Edit: Included DM Log Collector folderAttachment 45773

:)

Azazrael, Oct 31, 2015

2. Windows Kernel event ID 41 error on Windows 10. It automatically shutdown and restart after sometime.

Is the issues specific while playing a particular game or with all the games?

It crashes in every game unless i'm lucky then I can get to play for like 30 min.

So I did what the instructions told me to do, and it's still crashing :/.

Rasmus D. Jensen, Oct 31, 2015
  3. Getting multiple BSOD's a week, no clue what the problem is.

These seem to be happening pretty much at random. Could be happening while playing games, but also while I'm not even active on the computer. Also doesn't seem related to how long the PC has been running. No idea if it's of any importance but I'll also add
    that not every crash is a BSOD. Sometimes it just freezes and I will have to reboot it myself.

These are my minidump files from my BSOD just a few minutes ago: Minidump.rar

Luc van der Heiden, Oct 31, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Azazrael,

Welcome to the 10forums.

There are quite some crashes as you say.
    Lets try a few methods and see how it goes, I honestly doubt the crashes will be solved immediately because there are quite some causes but we'll try it *Smile

Please remove ASRock software, this software is known for causing BSOD's.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

Please uninstall Google Chrome while troubleshooting
    Code: CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1 DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe CURRENT_IRQL: 0[/quote]
    Please uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from Nvidia
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys 1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm start end module name fffff800`34710000 fffff800`35204000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys Image name: nvlddmkm.sys Timestamp: Sat Oct 03 04:08:52 2015 (560F38B4) CheckSum: 00ABDFB7 ImageSize: 00AF4000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] The Intel ethernet driver.
    Please check Intel for driver updates
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1d65x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1d65x64.sys 1: kd> lmvm e1d65x64 start end module name fffff800`355d0000 fffff800`35655000 e1d65x64 T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: e1d65x64.sys Image path: e1d65x64.sys Image name: e1d65x64.sys Timestamp: Thu Jun 18 18:37:56 2015 (5582F3E4) CheckSum: 0008FF35 ImageSize: 00085000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote] This points to memory or hard drive problems, especially because it is a 0x12B(FAULTY_HARDWARE_CORRUPTED_PAGE) which indicates hardware memory problems.
    Code: FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner MODULE_NAME: hardware IMAGE_NAME: hardware DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0 IMAGE_VERSION: FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: PAGE_NOT_ZERO_VRF_REGION_PAGED_OUT BUCKET_ID: PAGE_NOT_ZERO_VRF_REGION_PAGED_OUT[/quote] Please test your memory using MemTest86+ and your hard drive(s) using SeaTools and/or chkdsk.
    With SSD, only run chkdsk
    With HDD and SeaTools, run at least SMART, short generic and long generic tests.

Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD & SSD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Old drivers, some don't have to be updated as they are from ASRock software
    Code: AsrAppCharger Tue May 10 10:28:46 2011 (4dc8f73e) AsrAppCharger.sys // ASrock software t_mouse Mon Dec 03 07:19:30 2012 (50bc4472) t_mouse.sys //mouse driver AsrDrv101 Tue Jan 15 07:25:51 2013 (50f4f66f) AsrDrv101.sys // ASRock I/O driver AsrRamDisk Thu May 09 10:50:45 2013 (518b6365) AsrRamDisk.sys // ASRock RAM Disk driver imsevent Fri Jan 10 18:52:53 2014 (52d03375) imsevent.sys // Intel mouse driver ikbevent Fri Jan 10 18:52:53 2014 (52d03375) ikbevent.sys // Intel keyboard driver ISCTD Wed Jan 22 20:37:35 2014 (52e01dff) ISCTD.sys // Intel driver AsrAutoChkUpdDrv Mon Mar 10 11:33:09 2014 (531d94e5) AsrAutoChkUpdDrv.sys // No information about this driver INETMON Thu Apr 03 18:50:43 2014 (533d9163) INETMON.sys // Intel driver[/quote] Update links
    Mouse driver
    ASRock I/O driver
    ASRock RAM disk driver
    Intel mouse driver
    Intel keyboad driver
    Intel driver\
    Intel driver

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

5. Azazrael Win User
    Hey axe0, thanks so much for the reply, don't know how much of a relief it is to finally get some advice from someone on all this *Smile Anyways I followed your steps, uninstalled all the ASRock utilities, uninstalled Daemon Tools, ran the SPTD software and the uninstall button was greyed out so all good. Uninstalled chrome and downloaded the intel driver update utility, it told me all my intel drivers were up to date. I also went to the ASRock website and everything there is up to date with my system also. SeaTools though didn't go so smoothly, your link got an internal server error so I googled seatools and found the page, when I tried downloading the DOS tool it got an internal sever error, same with when I tried the legacy download and Windows download links. I ran the chkdsk on my SSD and Hard Drive both though and there were no errors. I forgot to mention in my post I also ran the sfc /scannow command in admin command prompt twice and both times I got no corrupted files. I also ran DDU and took out my Nvidia drivers, I then used the NVidia tool to do a clean install and so far so good. Haven't had any crashes so far (or maybe I just jinxed it Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games :p). As for updating my system specs I downloaded the tool but the link it gave sent me to sevenforums and I can't find out how to change my system specs from my profile page, can't see any edit button. As for memtest I installed it on my USB and am about to run it, don't know how long it'll take for 8 passes but I'll be gone for a couple hours to a friend's house so it doesn't really matter. Anyways I'll wait for your reply while memtest runs, thanks for the advice.

Azazrael, Oct 31, 2015
  6. axe0 New Member
    Quite odd about SeaTools, the site and download is working as it should for me.

The tool is designed for sevenforums, you need to manually edit your system specs, that is why I added instructions for how and where you can edit your system specs.

7. essenbe Win User
  8. Azazrael Win User

Thanks Essenbe! That video really helped, I updated my system specs. In regards to the BSOD's when I came home memtest had only finished 6 passes so I let it run overnight. When I looked at it in the morning it had passed 13 with no errors. The seatools download error was on my part, it ended up working after trying today, my HDD passed the short generic, long generic and short drive self test. After being on my computer for around 25 minutes though, it ended up getting BSOD again ): It's really disappointing because I thought I was in the clear but I guess not. This time it was DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION. I'm at a loss for what to do right now, I've got some work to do and I can't risk using my computer, I hope I get a reply soon, thanks.

Edit: Here is the link to the dump file for the new crash https://www.dropbox.com/s/3k6wqdt6j9...56-01.dmp?dl=0

Azazrael, Nov 1, 2015
  9. essenbe Win User
    Azazrael, please upload the DM Log collector files here, just like you did last time.

essenbe, Nov 2, 2015
  10. Azazrael Win User
    Attachment 46081
    Ah so no dropbox or one drive links? Sorry bout that, here are the log collector files.

Azazrael, Nov 2, 2015
  11. Azazrael Win User
    Attachment 46087

Hey guys, me again. So I went for a shower and turned off my pc. Came back turned it on and as I was checking my phone it crashed again. This time the error code was a bit scarier, said CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED D: Anyways I attatched the DM Log, hopefully I'm not interrupting ya'll too much but this just gets worse and worse *Sad Thanks again for all your help.

Azazrael, Nov 2, 2015
  12. essenbe Win User
    Azazrael, Please turn Driver Verifier off for right now. Please make sure the Firmware on your SSD is up to date. This is what I am getting from your dump files

Code: Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information. BugCheck C4, {d2, 0, ffffcf816b356fb0, 50} Probably caused by : WdFilter.sys ( WdFilter!MpPreCleanup+6cb ) Followup: MachineOwner[/quote] That is your Windows 8 Antimalware

Code: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED (ef) A critical system process died Arguments: Arg1: ffffe000fd3e3840, Process object or thread object Arg2: 0000000000000000, If this is 0, a process died. If this is 1, a thread died. Arg3: 0000000000000000 Arg4: 0000000000000000[/quote] When I try to run that code, this is what I am getting

Code: kd> !devobj ffffe000fd3e3840 Device object (ffffe000fd3e3840) is for: Cannot read _DRIVER_OBJECT at ffffe000fd4669c0 DriverObject ffffe000fd4669c0 Current Irp ffffe000fd3e3858 RefCount 0 Type 00000000 Flags fd3874f8 Vpb ffffe000fdfad378 DevExt 00000000 DevObjExt 00000000 Characteristics (0xffffe000) FILE_CHARACTERISTIC_WEBDAV_DEVICE, FILE_CHARACTERISTIC_CSV, FILE_DEVICE_ALLOW_APPCONTAINER_TRAVERSAL, FILE_PORTABLE_DEVICE Unknown flags 0xfff8c000 AttachedDevice (Upper) ffffe000fd3e3858ffffe000fd3e3858: is not a device object Device queue is not busy.[/quote] Are you connected to a file server? Do you use a server other than Dropbox/OneDrive?

I know you ran Seatools and passed. But, although not blamed for the crash, I am seeing a lot of NTFS (Windows File System), I/O errors (usually hard drive related) .

Please uninstall all of the Asrock Utilities. Also please keep a close watch on your CPU and GPU Temps. Also, please reduce some of the start up items. The only thing really needed is your Anti Virus. I would like you to try and uninstall your Nvidia drivers, keeping only the Graphics Driver and PhysX. Also, just to be sure, please run these online virus scanners:

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:
    http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses...on/5350#block1
    Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
    ESET online scanner:
    Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scan from ESET
    Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET
    Superantispyware
    SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

Let me know the outcome when you finish those. I have one more thing I would like to try. Would you tell me what you use Kloudian Orbweb Me for?

essenbe, Nov 2, 2015
  13. Azazrael Win User

Attachment 46107

Hi Essenbe, thanks for the reply. To start off how do I turn off driver verifier? As far as I know it's not something I can access from control panel or anything, do I need to do it through command prompt? I don't think I'm connected to any other file sharing service, at least not to my knowledge. In regards to the SSD I went into device manager and checked for any updates to both the SSD and HDD and windows said they were both up to date. Should I check for firmware updates in a different way?

Kapersky came back with no threats. I crashed 4 times midway through the eset anti-virus, the DM log for those crashes is attached. I don't know if my computer will stay non-bsod'd long enough for the eset scan to finish so I'm replying before it finishes just to see if there's something else I can possibly do. I also did the superantispyware scan, that actually came back with a lot of adware threats (1306 to be exact), insane to think that all those other AV's couldn't find em. This stupid bsod is really getting to me, can't even do a full scan with any damn program because it bsod's after 15 minutes. It recognizes the threat but doesn't quarantine until the end, every time it crashes I have to make a new dm log too *Mad I managed to do a quick scan and got 1302 threats and made it to the end and quarantined those, I'll cross my fingers that I eliminated the threat but I don't know if adware can BSOD your computer Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games :p I'll attempt a custom scan in just the cookies to get the last 4 or whatever's left.

I also uninstalled all the Nvidia software like you said aside from PhysX and the graphics driver. To answer your last question I don't use orbweb at all. No clue what it's for, I've seen it on a lot of my PC's and just assumed it was a windows driver or something. Thanks for all the help again, I'd be lost without you, thanks for putting up with the rage also Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games :p

Azazrael, Nov 2, 2015
  14. essenbe Win User
    I understand how frustrating it can be. The trouble is that debugging one is far from an exact science. I am just here to help @axe0.The dump files are what we use mostly, but they don't give us an exact answer. Disabling Driver Verifier is easy. This will show you how.
    https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

[youtube]BjsofLPNosc[/youtube]

I think the Orbweb program is used with iTunes, but I'm not sure. I try not to use any Apple programs on my computer. I hope you did not uninstall The Graphics driver and PhysX. Everything else should go. I also hope you uninstalled all of the Asrock Utilities too.

One suggestion I would make to you. If you can, use any distro of a Live Linux CD/USB and run that as long as you can. It runs out of ram and does not involve the hard drive or Windows drivers at all. If you crash using Linux, it most likely means you have a hardware problem. If you do not, it most likely means you have a driver/software problem.

You need to go to the Sandisk web site and find the latest Firmware for your SSD. See if you are using the latest or update it. Firmware on SSDs are usually put out to correct problems they are having.

essenbe, Nov 2, 2015
  15. Azazrael Win User
    Hi again Essenbe, I hope you didn't take my frustration the wrong way, I'm really grateful for your help. So I followed the video guide and turned off driver verifier, I uninstalled all apple products and orbweb. After a google search it looks like orbweb is a file sharing software. That could be what you were talking about earlier. There was an AsRock lan driver I also uninstalled, all the ASRock utilities are gone for sure now. I also haven't crashed for a while, had to head out so I ran the etest scan while I was gone, it took out 2 threats. Then I ran the complete superantispyware scan and that took out around 85 adware threats. I was surprised the computer stayed on long enough for it to finish but I'm glad it did. Any suggestions for what to do next?

Azazrael, Nov 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Random BSOD's every 45 min or so, usually while playing games - Similar Threads - Random BSOD's every

2. BSOD after around 35-45 min of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after around 35-45 min of playing games: hey just hoping to get some help on this issue, my computer has been BSOD with the error "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" My specs are: NVIDIA RTX 4070, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 850W PSUIve tried re-seating and making sure everything is fully plugged in, fresh install of windows, and...
  3. BSOD after around 35-45 min of playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD after around 35-45 min of playing games: hey just hoping to get some help on this issue, my computer has been BSOD with the error "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" My specs are: NVIDIA RTX 4070, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 850W PSUIve tried re-seating and making sure everything is fully plugged in, fresh install of windows, and...
  4. Computer causing internet to randomly disconnect every 45 mins or so

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer causing internet to randomly disconnect every 45 mins or so: When I'm on my computer all devices lose connection to the router roughly every 40 mins to hour or so. I cant figure out what is going on. I thought it was my router it self but the problem only persist when I play games on my computer. If I am on any other device in my house...
  5. Computer causing internet to randomly disconnect every 45 mins or so

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer causing internet to randomly disconnect every 45 mins or so: When I'm on my computer all devices lose connection to the router roughly every 40 mins to hour or so. I cant figure out what is going on. I thought it was my router it self but the problem only persist when I play games on my computer. If I am on any other device in my house...
  6. Computer causing internet to randomly disconnect every 45 mins or so

7. Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, I'm getting inconsistent BSODs specifically when playing games only, with most of the BSOD errors being CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. A few times it would be UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION but that usually doesn't happen.I wish to provide minidump or dumps even but unfortunately,...
  8. Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Random BSODs only when playing games, usually CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED: Hi, I'm getting inconsistent BSODs specifically when playing games only, with most of the BSOD errors being CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. A few times it would be UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION but that usually doesn't happen.I wish to provide minidump or dumps even but unfortunately,...
  9. Random BSOD usually while the game star colony is open

Random BSOD usually while the game star colony is open: This bsod of death seems to happen everyday now and usually random while playing online, but the screen is distorted so i cant view the reason why I use a lot of software that i need and dont want to factory reset because itd be almost impossible to tell what is the culprit...
  10. Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.

Various BSODs started occurring, usually while playing games.: Hi, Recently my PC has been seeing BSODs quite frequently. They usually occur while playing games. The bugcheck code varies as well. Attachment 111193 Any help diagnosing the problem would be appreciated. Thanks! 70611