Windows 10: Random BSODs (irql_gt_zero_at_system_service and system_service_except

Discus and support Random BSODs (irql_gt_zero_at_system_service and system_service_except in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been receiving very random BSODs today, it started wheb i was plugging a mouse into the usb port. My laptop hang/freeze and then showed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by karljchan, Sep 18, 2016.

1. karljchan Win User

Random BSODs (irql_gt_zero_at_system_service and system_service_except

Hello, I have been receiving very random BSODs today, it started wheb i was plugging a mouse into the usb port. My laptop hang/freeze and then showed a BSOD (irql_gt_zero_at_system_service). When i force a restart by clicking on the power button, when it reached the windows page i then received another BSOD (system_service_except).

I checked on the lenovo sites and was told to update the BIOS, which i will after this, though im worried of updating BIOS since ive never done it before and might screw it up.

Thank you for your assistance!

Also, this is quite random, but sometimes when i tilt my laptop or hold it at an angle, the laptop freezes. Im not sure if this is BSOD related.

Attachment 102182

Edit:
    Just encountered another BSOD memory_management while trying to disable windows driver verier and another driver_irql_less_than_zero, I can't go pass the login window at all

:)

karljchan, Sep 18, 2016
  2. seanvree Win User

Blue screen: "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

I'm getting a random BSOD on my Dell XPS PC running windows 10 Pro:

"IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE "

this is happening twice a day. I've updated all my drivers and uninstalled any programs that aren't compatible with windows 10.

Any other suggestions?

seanvree, Sep 18, 2016
  3. ar300500 Win User
    [BSOD] SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 00000000`c0000096 ntoskrnl.exe

Hi, I get random BSOD usually saying SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and in bluescreenviewer it says that ntoskrnl.exe is the problem. I get this BSOD almost everyday. Can anyone help me I can attach the dump file if possible.

Dropbox - ntoskrnl.exeSYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION dump.txt

ar300500, Sep 18, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi karljchan,

Could you please upload a new zip from the DM Log Collector so the newest information will be included with the rest *Smile

5. karljchan Win User
    Hi axe0,

Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

Sorry for the delay as I was really busy. Attached is the log!

karljchan, Sep 21, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    Please remove either of your protection suites
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Public:Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Public Start Menu\Programs\Norton 360 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton 360 Public[/quote] Certain issues could occur when having multiple AV programs at the same time, like access errors, performance slow downs and possibly could one detect a part of the other as malicious what causes more problems.

7. karljchan Win User
    Thanks axe0!

I do indeed have Norton 360 on my laptop. Also have Windows Defender on at that time possibly because i wasnt too sure which was better.

Cheers!

karljchan, Sep 21, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Windows Defender should be disabled whenever a 3rd party AV is being installed. Windows detects this so no issues should occur when someone wants to install a 3rd party AV.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSODs (irql_gt_zero_at_system_service and system_service_except - Similar Threads - Random BSODs irql_gt_zero_at_system_service

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE: Hello! I just did a PC reset and I'm still experiencing BSODs IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-irqlnotlessorequal-and/fffd171b-8f48-4270-a37d-2af65be5cc89
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE: Hello! I just did a PC reset and I'm still experiencing BSODs IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE Help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-irqlnotlessorequal-and/fffd171b-8f48-4270-a37d-2af65be5cc89
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_Less_OR_EQUAL and IRQL_GT_Zero_At_SYSTEM_SERVICE

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. BSOD IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE: Hi, Please help me to check this error. I don't know but I always get bsod when I do light work like browsing or watch some movies, but I don't get bsod while playing games. I already check memory health with Memtest86 and windows memory diagnostic and i got no issues. I...
  6. IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE

IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE: For the first time on my windows 10 computer I got this blue screen after using the repair function in the office 2007 software because I noticed that the office applications from office 2007 prof. were very slow in starting up(12 seconds) "IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE"...
  7. Irql_gt_zero_at_system_service

Irql_gt_zero_at_system_service: The latest BSOD on my PC is IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE. What action should I take to remedy this, please? 31301
  8. random BSOD System_service_exception (netio.sys)

random BSOD System_service_exception (netio.sys): hello i only a few months back recieved this pc as a gift and everything has been working without any hickups today randomly i started getting System_service_exception (netio.sys) and i'v recieved alot of them, mainly while playing Battlefield 1(which i have played for a...
  9. BSOD randomly while browsing (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

BSOD randomly while browsing (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION): Hi all, I've been getting a BSOD kind of randomly the past few days. It happened twice today and a few other times this week. Seems to be kind of random, but usually I'm browsing web and running some other apps in background when it happens. Any help would be appreciated....
  10. BSOD randomly appearing, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

BSOD randomly appearing, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION: Hi, I suffer from randomly appearing BSODs. Approximately twice a day all screens (laptop + external hdmi) goes blank, sound (hdmi) stops. Previously (like yesterday and the days before) it got stuck there, with black screen, sometimes with flickering mouse pointer appearing...