Windows 10: Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having some problems with random Bsods after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 (not clean install). I did clean reinstall of most of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vandalas, Sep 16, 2015.

1. Vandalas Win User

Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hello,

I'm having some problems with random Bsods after upgrade from windows 7 to 10 (not clean install).
    I did clean reinstall of most of the drivers 1 by 1 to try and track down what's causing the issue without any luck.
    First i thought problem was Xonar STX driver because there was no official Win 10 version (including UNI drivers), after that i did clean reinstall of Nvidia drivers and some other peripherals.

Bsods still happen at complete random, even when there is no stress on cpu or gpu.
    Some crash dumps points out to portcls.sys which is part of sound drivers, some to cng.sys which is part of kernel.
    I have no idea what else i can do.

Any suggestions are more than welcome.
    Thanks *Smile

:)

Vandalas, Sep 16, 2015

2. BSOD - Windows 10 IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

BSOD after upgrading from windows 7 to 10 with error msg IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Appears to be random. Has occurred 3 or 4 times. Twice at startup but do not have those dmp files. Has happened twice recently while logged on. Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
    minidump file compressed for both.

thanks in advance

Belal Rashid, Sep 16, 2015
  3. Windows 10 crash, bsod

Hi, I have just bought a new computer and install windows 10 but get constantly BSOD with code like MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I have use VERIFIER to find a corrupt driver but after run constantly 4 hours no
    BSOD.

So i have reinstall windows 10 again (completely wipe my SSD) but still get random BSOD

I used Bluescreen Viewer and every time BSOD is caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I included a dump file for you guys to check

Dump.zip

Minh TriHoang, Sep 16, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi Vandalas,

Welcome to the 10forums.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
    Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.

• Uninstall Daemon Tools
    • Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
      • Double click the executable to open it
      • Click on the button shown below

Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]

If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window

Partition D doesn't have enough free space.
    Every partition needs at least 10-15% free space for windows to do it thing in the background.
    Please remove some files from this partition.

Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL [​IMG]
    Warning Less free space could cause BSOD's

5. Vandalas Win User
    Hello and thanks for reply.

I did as you suggested. Removed SPTD drivers and some other old unnecessary drivers + some leftover *.sys files.
    Bought external HDD to keep my crap from when i'm used to work with 3dmax and was just too lazy to move somewhere else, so there's more than 200gb free space on D partition now.

Just to look for more driver issues i ran a "Verifier" and the only issue found was "cmudaxp.sys not digitally signed" which is part of C-Media / Asus xonar drivers. As of now there are no updates available for it... Asus and/or c-media are really slow to update their stuff for windows 10.

Looks like system is stable with uptime ~24hrs+

I'll mark this as solved and thanks for help *Smile

Vandalas, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random Bsods - IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Random Bsods IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe

Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe: Hello, I put together my computer a little while ago, and since then I have windows crash in random intervals with the BSOD stating irql_not_less_or_equal and pointing to the ntoskrnl.exe. Crashes can take anywhere from 30 min to many hours of use to occur. I ran windows...
  6. Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in...
  7. Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD, Mostly IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hi! I'm posting here because I am badly in need of help with my computer. I've been getting BSOD's but I am posting a history of what has happened below. Skip to the bottom for a list of specs, symptoms and a link to the crash dumps. I hope someone can help me, Thank you in...
  8. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD and Random Restarts: Howdy folks, Over the past few weeks my computer has started experiencing pretty constant BSODs/random restarts. They usually happen while playing World of Warcraft, but I've had a few just off the desktop. All typically happen after 30 mins to 1 hour of use. The crashes...
  9. Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: Hello everyone, My PC has been crashing for quite some time now. The Crashes are REALLY RANDOM. Some times its like 2 Months with no crash at all and then it comes a week where i get BSOD like every hour or more... One of the BSODs i get is the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. I...
  10. BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal"

BSOD random "irql_not_less_or_equal": Hello there 10 forum. from about 3 days I have frequently BSOD crashes showing irql_not_less_or_equal error. I have no idea why is it happening. It happens when I am watching streams, playing games, etc. :__; Here is the file: Attachment 34829 Thanks for any help....