Windows 10: Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management)

Discus and support Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, first timer here. Long story short, after i updated to windows 10 from 8.1 i started experiencing some randomly BSODs. So i downloaded the ISO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Briggs, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Briggs Win User

Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management)

Hello, first timer here.
    Long story short, after i updated to windows 10 from 8.1 i started experiencing some randomly BSODs.
    So i downloaded the ISO and made a clean install.Immidiatelly after my newly formated pc i installed Avast,mozilla and Asrock's Suite to check for driver updates.
    At first, the memory_management made random crashes even if i was litteraly just browsing my emails, and for some strange reason my mouse(!?) software. (Razer Synapsis)
    So to my demise, i uninstalled the faulty drivers,uninstalled Avast,run SFC repairing, used CCleaner (and then i remembered about the minidumps) but for 2 days or so everything was fine.

Since yesterday i get computer freezes if i try to restart my pc, or random BSODs when im using 3-4 programs running together.
    It's always a different event caused by ntoskrnl.exe
    I run Verifier following instructions from your forum in order to find the culprit.
    My system crashed as i tried to reboot from safe mode to normal mode. Took me a while to be able to bring it together.
    I'm lost.can't work or anything.
    I've attached the last 2 minidumps as instructed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Briggs, Jan 14, 2016

2. Lots of BSOD's

PS: after my previous/last replie i had 3 more BSOD's:

seems like there are a lot of random once...

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT win32kbase.sys

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl.exe

ntoskrnl.exe

florian de graef, Jan 14, 2016
  3. Random Blue Screens

Hello!

Lately I've been getting random MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs.

I've run sfc/scannow with no errors, chkdsk with no errors, and 2 extended passes with the memory check tool, also no errors.

These BSODs seem to happen randomly every few days, and they're very annoying.

Here's a link to my 2 latest BSODs minidumps:

Shared items 6-12-2017

Thank you for any ideas on fixing this!

EarlyInsider, Jan 14, 2016
  4. axe0 New Member

Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management) [​IMG]
    Warning Programs that claim to update your drivers install either the wrong or corrupted drivers.
    If you have installed any driver with Driver Booster 3, please remove them as it may cause trouble.

Update the USB drivers from Asmedia, if it doesn't help use different USB ports to connect mouse/keyboard on and see if that helps.
    Driver Reference Table - asmtxhci.sys
    Code: *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asmtxhci.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asmtxhci.sys 0: kd> lmvm asmtxhcistart end module name fffff800`13c10000 fffff800`13c7c000 asmtxhci (deferred) Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\asmtxhci.sys Image name: asmtxhci.sys Timestamp: Wed Jun 03 08:33:15 2015 (556E9FAB) CheckSum: 0006C280 ImageSize: 0006C000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. Briggs Win User
    Update the USB drivers from Asmedia, if it doesn't help use different USB ports to connect mouse/keyboard on and see if that helps.
    Driver Reference Table - asmtxhci.sys Thanks for your fast reply. I just updated Asmedia and repositioned the mouse & keyboard.
    I also installed Keyboard's software (miscrosoft sidewinder) as it appeared as a generic keyboard.
    I had one more crash, with litterally nothing running. I just left it open and went shopping.
    By the way, think i have too many usb controllers?I just have a mouse and a keyboard (and a front pannel so that's 8 usbs in total)
    I've included the new dump file. (IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL caused by ntoskrnl.exe+142770)
    I've also uploaded a photo of the usb mayhem on dropbox.
    Dropbox - USBchaos.png

Briggs, Jan 14, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    The Intel Rapid Storage driver tried to read memory for which it didn't have permission to do so.
    Please try to reinstall Intel Rapid Storage Technology from your motherboard driver downloads to see if the current installed drivers are corrupted.
    Code: ffffd000`22e916a8 fffff801`2e927818Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys iaStorA+0x187818 3: kd> lmvm iastorastart end module name fffff801`2e7a0000 fffff801`2ed13000 iaStorA T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: iaStorA.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\iaStorA.sys Image name: iaStorA.sys Timestamp: Mon Jul 27 11:26:48 2015 (55B5F958) CheckSum: 00169B3D ImageSize: 00573000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

7. Briggs Win User
    Reinstalled IRST as instructed, allocated 2GBs to Rapid start and moved temp files from the ssd to my secondary.
    So far so good, i'll create some "pressure" to see if it will go southways.

Briggs, Jan 14, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Let me know how it goes *Smile

9. fnanfne Win User
    I have the exact driver/address craching; ntoskrnl.exe+142770

Every time I boot my PC, either from a cold power down or sleep/hibernate, I get an invisible BSOD. I say invisible as it's not displayed anywhere as my PC boots up, I had to use a DUMP reader that told me of all the BSOD's as I noticed my PC took a long time to boot up, with no images displayed on either of my two monitor's.

Very annoying!

fnanfne, Jan 15, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Windows files are marked as cause when they are the last active, rarely are they the real cause.
    I suggest to read How to upload files and create a new thread for your problem.

11. Briggs Win User
    Just crashed, this time i cannot even generate the .zip file properly, the DM Log Collector seems to freeze while trying to generate the MSinfo report.
    Had to restart a couple of time and run it over and over to generate the following zip, and that with an error (always while trying to generate the msinfo report)

Please check 011616-7765-01.dmp the other one was previewed earlier today.

edit:
    and more BSODs on the file named SF_4 . had to rollback.

Briggs, Jan 15, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
    Run following tests
    • Short Drive Self Test
    • Short generic
    • Long generic
    If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
    Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

13. Briggs Win User

I let the machine run memtest86+ while i took a nap, found out a bunch of problems as you can see :

Dropbox - 20160116_091655.jpg

Im currently running Seatools.But at this point it is safe to assume my RAM is faulty ?
    or should i procceed with the rest of the HDD tests?
    (previously chkdsk / dism runs found 0 problems)

Briggs, Jan 15, 2016
  14. axe0 New Member
    +1 for your action to run MemTest86+ *Thumbs
    It is very safe to say that your memory is faulty.

15. Briggs Win User
    HDDs are allright, that's a relief. I'll start looking for replacements then.
    Is there a way to define if the motherboard is allright?
    The setup is 3 months old didn't expect a hardware fail *Sad

Briggs, Jan 15, 2016
Thema:

1. Random BSODs (ntoskrnl,memory_management) - Similar Threads - Random BSODs ntoskrnl

2. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3F88c0 while gaming dump file:- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cdITI-h5u3Pwu9jk?e=tv7neu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f88c0-memorymanagement-while-gaming/0a479df5-3e07-4b4f-b20d-ca76d607aa94
  3. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3F88c0 while gaming dump file:- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cdITI-h5u3Pwu9jk?e=tv7neu https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f88c0-memorymanagement-while-gaming/0a479df5-3e07-4b4f-b20d-ca76d607aa94
  4. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F88c0 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having bsod MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3f8590 while gamingOnedrive[dump]:-https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cbEuXcLPxov3GoDA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f8590-memorymanagement-while-gaming/f2c1c4fe-5a22-49ff-95b0-ce80bd6b3f6a
  6. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING: having bsod MEMORY_MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl+3f8590 while gamingOnedrive[dump]:-https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjptPGIvPy-cbEuXcLPxov3GoDA https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-ntoskrnl3f8590-memorymanagement-while-gaming/f2c1c4fe-5a22-49ff-95b0-ce80bd6b3f6a
  7. BSOD NTOSKRNL+3F8590 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT WHILE GAMING

8. Random BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: So i am randomly having this BSOD problem since, more than a week it happened 4 time already, and i tried to do a chkds and a sfc, and also a memory test, but nothing seems to fix it, i tried also to scan for malwares but nothing is found.. please i need help...
  9. Random BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Random BSOD MEMORY_MANAGEMENT: So i am randomly having this BSOD problem since, more than a week it happened 4 time already, and i tried to do a chkds and a sfc, and also a memory test, but nothing seems to fix it, i tried also to scan for malwares but nothing is found.. please i need help...
  10. MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD - Random intervals

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD - Random intervals: Hi There, Started happening around 6 weeks ago, seems happen once a week. Only since I upgraded to Windows 10 so not sure if that is related or not? Kind Regards 61024