Windows 10: Random BSODs on surface pro 3, kernel_security_check_failure

Discus and support Random BSODs on surface pro 3, kernel_security_check_failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My Surface Pro 3 has recently started having BSODs (kernel_security_check_failure). They happen with seemingly no reason. The surface is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by karstenes, Oct 30, 2016.

1. karstenes Win User

Random BSODs on surface pro 3, kernel_security_check_failure

Hi,
    My Surface Pro 3 has recently started having BSODs (kernel_security_check_failure). They happen with seemingly no reason. The surface is a replacement for a broken one, and has all the same software. I have done research and haven't come up with anything so far. The DM log collector files are here: Attachment 108350
    Thanks for any help!

:)

karstenes, Oct 30, 2016

2. Windows 10 Maps Roads disappear when zoom to street level

I have this problem with my Surface Pro 4. I tested on another Surface Pro 4 and had the same issue, but had no problems with a Surface Pro 3 or another random windows 10 laptop. I have road names but no actual roads when zoomed in.

ScottyB0721, Oct 30, 2016
  3. TWWVA Win User
    Windows 10 Update Version 1709, Surface Pro Dock and BSOD

I "allowed" installation of Windows 10 Version 1709 update on my Surface Pro 2017 late last week. At the time of the update the computer was connected to a newer Surface Pro Dock (PD9-00003)
    with a Dell Monitor (U2716D), and did not seem to experience any post-update issues attached to that dock + monitor.

When I later attached to an older Surface Pro 3 Docking Station and a Dell Monitor (U3014) the Surface Pro started experiencing Blue Screens of Death (BSOD). I had been working with the Surface Pro 2017
    attached to this dock for a couple of months and for years prior to that with a Surface Pro 3 and 4.

I have since replaced the Surface Pro 3 Docking Station with the same newer dock and so far everything seems okay. I post this both as an observation and a question to anyone else using a similar configuration. Have you experienced the
    same BSOD?

TWWVA, Oct 30, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Are you still looking for help with this? If so be aware that you must first remove all software that is not legally installed. This is to comply with the Forum rules (see rule 4).

philc43, Nov 16, 2016
Thema:

1. Random BSODs on surface pro 3, kernel_security_check_failure - Similar Threads - Random BSODs surface

2. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  3. Surface pro 3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface pro 3: Hellomy surface pro 3 SSD drive has stopped working completely cannot reset it or even get to the point of reformatting it i have resetting it using the recovery media from Microsoft even the manual ISO file tried reformatting the drive using different apps and i just want...
  4. Surface Pro 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Pro 3: Hi The Surface Pro tablets are brilliant and I have most probably been responsible to recommending many of them to friends following buy a Surface Pro 3 when they were released. Since a firmware update in recent times I have no issues and since then my keyboard if left...
  5. surface pro 3

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro 3: lost admin rights on pc and surface pro3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-3/1fa4e483-afcb-4eec-9f85-15b3b50f064f
  6. Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown

Get kernel_security_check_failure BSOD randomly at shutdown: Sometimes, when I shutdown the system, I get the BSOD screen with error 139, it then shuts down and reboots. There doesn't seem to be any pattern to it, and it doesn't always do it, nor does there seem to be any bad aftereffects. Any suggestions/ideas? I'm a techie, so don't...
  7. Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

Random BSOD. IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL + KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: I get the BSOD when i watch netflix/youtube, it also happens sometimes when i randomly browse the net. I have removed the graphics card, external hdd and have replaced the ram, motherboard and PSU. Ive ran chk disk and DISM, reinstalled a fresh copy of windows on the hdd...
  8. BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random times

BSOD KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE at random times: At completely random times (or so I think so) I get the BSOD with the KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I have updated all my drivers, updated windows, reinstalled all my drivers, but still no luck. When I use the Driver Verifier Manager to find unsigned drivers I find two...
  9. BSOD on Surface pro 4 Core M "Kernel_security_check_failure"

BSOD on Surface pro 4 Core M "Kernel_security_check_failure": BSOD on Surface pro 4 Core M "Kernel_security_check_failure" Tried many times clean installs etc. etc. Could it be hardware ? (SSD) I hope someone is able to analyze the minidump files. Thanks Edward 34048
  10. BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE

BSOD Random crashes KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE: This has happened more than 30 times already within 5 hours span. The crash happens at random and I have no idea of knowing when it will happen. Infact, it crashed 3 times while I was trying to post this. This problem has never occurred before upgraded to Windows 10. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. surface pro 3 bsod kernel

2. surface 3 pro kernel

3. surface kernel security

4. surface pro 3 bluescreen kernal security check failure