Windows 10: Random BSODs on Windows 10 HP Envy Desktop

Discus and support Random BSODs on Windows 10 HP Envy Desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting sporadic BSODs on my HP Envy. Recently, the motherboard failed, and I purchased the exact same make and model MB off of ebay and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by manchua, Mar 13, 2017.

1. manchua Win User

Random BSODs on Windows 10 HP Envy Desktop

I've been getting sporadic BSODs on my HP Envy. Recently, the motherboard failed, and I purchased the exact same make and model MB off of ebay and upgraded the CPU to an A10. The BSOD started happening right before the mobo went out, and although the PC now boots again, I still get BSODs ranging from 30 minutes to a few hours after booting. I've collected about 10 mini dumps. The only change to the system I've made recently (after replacing the Mobo) was removing Norton Endpoint Protection (windows kept popping up saying no antivirus installed, and then activated windows defender for some reason.), and disabled a big chunk of the startup items. I also suspected the RAM may be a problem, but I ran 10 passes of memtest without any errors. The PC is crucial for my business, so I'm desperate to find an answer. It's getting to the point that the constant restarts are creating boot problems with Windows. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachment 125070

:)

manchua, Mar 13, 2017

2. bluescreen of death (BSOD) Stop error code 0x000000C5 (DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL), which was caused by driver/software related

HP performed a hardware test and no hardware problems found. Brand new HP Envy desktop less than 30 days old. It continued to have BSOD and HP performed a factory re-set. PC still having BSOD issues. Any suggestions?

CarolynHambrick, Mar 13, 2017
  3. LolaMeek Win User
    How do I transfer files from an HP Envy desktop Windows 10 computer to a new HP Envy desktop Windows 10 computer?

How do I transfer files from an HP Envy desktop Windows 10 computer to a new HP Envy desktop Windows 10 computer?

Should I backup to an external hard drive and then transfer to the new computer from the hard drive? Is there a more

reliable way?

LolaMeek, Mar 13, 2017
  4. Ztruker Win User

Please fill in your System Specs. That may help figure this out:

How to fill out System Specs for tenforums.

See here: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

Of major interest is the Manufacture and full model number of the computer if purchased or the system board if custom built.

Meanwhile I will be looking at the dumps.

Ztruker, Mar 14, 2017
  5. Ztruker Win User
    The latest dump shows a problem with rt640x64.sys.
    Code: ffff8980`62eb94f8 fffff80d`08b2e1f4*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0x1e1f4[/quote] Driver Description: Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver
    Driver Update Site: Realtek

Try the latest driver from the Realtek site linked above, see if that resolves the issue. I'll check a couple of the other dumps to see if they show different problems.

Ztruker, Mar 14, 2017
  6. manchua Win User
    Hey Rich, thanks for having a look. I've left the office for the day, and all I have is my phone right now. I'll fill out the spec sheet the proper way when I have access to a computer tomorrow. Until then, here is a link to the spec page of the exact make and model of the PC on HP's website. HP ENVY 700-406 Desktop PC Product Specifications | HP(R) Customer Support The only change I've made is upgrading the cpu to an AMD A10-7870K with AMD Quiet Cooler Quad-Core Socket FM2+ 95W AD787KXDJCSBX Desktop Processor AMD Radeon R7

manchua, Mar 14, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Dumps are many different bugchecks so no single area to look at. Start with the NIC driver and we'll go from there.
    I'm not seeing any hard errors. I believe these are all driver based.

Ztruker, Mar 14, 2017
  8. manchua Win User

I put the system specs on my profile. Also installed the new driver for the NIC. Everything ran smoothly for about an hour and then BSOD again *Sad You think I should just grab Slimdrivers and update everything I can?

manchua, Mar 14, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Run dm_log_collector and upload the new zip file please. Want to see th enew dump(s).

I would not use Slimdriver or any other program to update drivers. Typically causes more problems that helping.
    Hmmmm, you could run it and see what it says but locate and download updates manually.

Take the time to understand what driver versions and dates you have and manually locate an update if available. ALmost always best to get them from the manufacturers web site but if they don't have Win 10 drivers then you have to go hunting.

Do you have a good image backup of your system? If not I urge you to do so now, before working on this any more. Use a program like Macrium Reflect Free and backup to an external USB hard drive.

Ztruker, Mar 15, 2017
  10. manchua Win User
    BSOD seems to be happening more frequently, so I reran the log collector in safe mode w/ networking. Going to be updating drivers in the mean time. Thanks again for all your help.

manchua, Mar 15, 2017
  11. Ztruker Win User
    I see a lot of Adaptec RAID drivers in the thread trace for many of the dumps.
    Are you using a RAID hard drive setup?
    If not, how is your SATA setup in BIOS? Is it set to RAID or AHCI? If RAID, try AHCI, see if that makes a difference.
    You could also try uninstalling the driver for Adaptec SAS/SATA-II RAID Controller and run with the default Microsoft Windows 10 driver, see if that makes a difference too.

Ztruker, Mar 16, 2017
  12. manchua Win User
    Only one hard drive in the system, so no raid setup. I'll have a look in the BIOS. I updated every driver I could find a newer version for and I've had it on for 4 hours so far without a BSOD. Seems promising. I'll report back at the end of the day on the status.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. BSODed a few times today. Going to change up the RAID now and report back.

manchua, Mar 16, 2017
  13. manchua Win User

Okay. BIOS was set to AHCI. Legacy support was turned on, and I turned it off jic. No sign of RAID or Adaptec in software or device manager. Took some pics of the running drivers if you would like to see them. Still getting BSODs, however the last one showed a amd_sata.sys error, so I ran the log tool again for you to see. I will upload when I get back to my office. I'm updating the AMD R7 drivers and software suite as we speak.

EDIT: Attachment

manchua, Mar 16, 2017
  14. Ztruker Win User
    The 3/17 2:11PM dump has several errors indicated:
    Code: BugCheck D1, {0, 7, 0, fffff80b475f6eca} *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amd_sata.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amd_sata.sys Probably caused by : amd_sata.sys ( amd_sata+6eca ) This is the AMD SATA Controller AHCI 1.2 Device Driver. fffff802`29d01eb8 fffff80b`4c21c41b*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys atikmdag+0x6c41b This is the AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics card/driver. Driver Update Site: Support & Drivers fffff802`29d02048 fffff80b`4b348130*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rt640x64.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rt640x64.sys rt640x64+0xd8130 Driver Description: Realtek NICDRV 8169 PCIe GBE Family Controller driver Driver Update Site: Realtek fffff802`29d02698 fffff80b`476a15f5*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for amd_xata.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amd_xata.sys amd_xata+0x15f5 This is the AMD Stor Filter Driver. Driver Update Site: Support & Drivers[/quote] See if there are any updates for these.

Also check the voltages in BIOS, make sure they are right.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random BSODs on Windows 10 HP Envy Desktop - Similar Threads - Random BSODs Envy

2. HP Envy x360 Randomly Restarts and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP Envy x360 Randomly Restarts and BSOD: Hi, over the past year I've had a problem with my HP Envy x360 where it will randomly crash and restart, or will crash and show me the BSOD will error codes such as system service exception, irql_not_less_or_equal. These issues only started occurring after my laptop hinge...
  3. HP Envy x360 Randomly Restarts and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP Envy x360 Randomly Restarts and BSOD: Hi, over the past year I've had a problem with my HP Envy x360 where it will randomly crash and restart, or will crash and show me the BSOD will error codes such as system service exception, irql_not_less_or_equal. These issues only started occurring after my laptop hinge...
  4. HP Envy x360 Randomly Restarts and BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. BSOD on HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on HP Envy x360: Hello everyone, I've been struggling about this for a while now. My laptop has constantly been plagued with BSOD crashes and I've tried almost everything and finally got to a point where using the driver verifier got me a dump file. I've tried everything else from updating...
  6. BSOD on HP Envy x360

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on HP Envy x360: Hello everyone, I've been struggling about this for a while now. My laptop has constantly been plagued with BSOD crashes and I've tried almost everything and finally got to a point where using the driver verifier got me a dump file. I've tried everything else from updating...
  7. HP Envy Desktop Won't Restart

HP Envy Desktop Won't Restart: Hello, I recently bought a newly desktop HP ENVY Desktop in less than a month ago. My issue is when i restart the computer. In the beginning, i was able to restart very quickly in fact without any issues. Then on my last restart, my desktop icons were small. About a week...
  8. BSOD W10 Pro 1903 on HP Envy (HP ENVY x360)

BSOD W10 Pro 1903 on HP Envy (HP ENVY x360): Hello, My wife is facing many BSOD and I am not able to solve. I've tried to update all the drivers and read many forum, but I have not been able to solve and even worst I have no clue (i beleive this is due to a SSD issue or a problem when runing under the battery, i.e not...
  9. HP Envy/Windows 10 randomly falls asleep

HP Envy/Windows 10 randomly falls asleep: I have a new HP Envy with windows 10, computer has started to randomly fall asleep, I have changed the setting I can find, but that has not helped...
  10. HP Envy 14 with Windows 10 reboots randomly and frequently...

in Windows 10 Support
    HP Envy 14 with Windows 10 reboots randomly and frequently...: Wife's laptop goes to a blue screen saying your computer had a problem and will restart, watchdog violation....happening a couple of times a day and very annoying and lose stuff she is currently working on. Before reverting to Windows 7, thought I would try to see what can be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 BSOD HP ENVY h8-1445 Desktop PC