Windows 10: Random BSODs over varied amounts of time

Discus and support Random BSODs over varied amounts of time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been getting BSODs ever since i got this laptop one year ago, but I never actually got to what was causing them. I already did 8 passes of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuadDib, Oct 24, 2015.

1. MuadDib Win User

Random BSODs over varied amounts of time

I've been getting BSODs ever since i got this laptop one year ago, but I never actually got to what was causing them.
    I already did 8 passes of memtest and it found no errors, also did the driver verifier trick and it didn't crash, then sort of gave up on trying to fix it afterwards since it's not exactly a big deal (random crash once a week or two) but now for some reason they got more frequent and its crashing on almost a daily basis, therefore some help would be really appreciated.

:)

MuadDib, Oct 24, 2015

2. BSOD When I move my laptop with any decent amount of force.

I'm using an Asus TouchBook TP200SA and every time I move it a decent amount or place it down with a decent amount of force it crashes to a BSOD of varying messages, usually DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

Here are the 2 most recent dump files, the system info and speccy specs.

Can anyone please help me fix this?

Thanks

Ben Doornbos, Oct 24, 2015
  3. Windows 10 version 1703

32 bit Windows 10 - 3.1 GBs

64 bit Windows 10 - 4.2 GBs

Amount of free space required by setup - 10 GBs

Amount of space used by Windows 10 - 10 GBs

Apps and personal files are separate, in addition to updates which will use space over time.

The time it takes will vary, on a 8 MB connection, took about 25 to 30 minutes to download.

Andre Da Costa, Oct 24, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Hi MuadDib,

Welcome to the 10forums.

The causes of the crashes are related to memory.
    As you say you have already tested the RAM using MemTest86+, so we need to test the hard drive.

Random BSODs over varied amounts of time [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    HDD & SSD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums

Note Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Old drivers
    Code: ASMMAP64 Thu Jul 02 11:13:26 2009 ASMMAP64.sys // ASUS tap0901t Wed Sep 16 08:02:43 2009 tap0901t.sys // Google Earth ew_jubusenum Mon Apr 23 03:57:08 2012 ew_jubusenum.sys // Huawei mobile connector atkwmiacpi64 Tue Jul 02 10:35:32 2013 atkwmiacpi64.sys // ASUS iwdbus Thu Sep 26 23:38:04 2013 iwdbus.sys // Intel 000 Fri Oct 18 09:16:31 2013 000.fcl // Cyberlink SCDEmu Fri Jun 27 07:14:20 2014 SCDEmu.SYS // PowerISO mbam Wed Sep 03 19:50:25 2014 mbam.sys // Malwarebytes IntelPcc Fri Sep 05 01:05:04 2014 IntelPcc.sys // Intel[/quote] Check your manufacturer (ASUS) and software for updates.
    Update Intel drivers via the manufacturer.

Please fill in your system specsPlease follow this tutorial and download the tool. The tool will give you detailed information about your system specs, please fill in your system specs more completely.How to fill in your system specs:

5. MuadDib Win User
    i finally got back to trying to fix this stuff, after I initially tried to get it done and gave up because of a busy schedule/too many exams + projects (also sorry for necroing this thread)
    so i made most of the checks:
    sfc/scannow returns no errors
    chkdsk C and D were alright
    HD tune is also fine
    im going to memtest it again this night just to be safe
    however for some reason seatools Short Drive Self Test did not pass (the other recommended tests for it all passed)

now i gave it another go with driver verifier after updating most of my lacking drivers(asus and intel), i also deleted malwarebytes and avast yet some pesky driver is still crashing it. Elimination didn't do it for me, at some point i thought that one of the 2 asus drivers were causing it but when i ran a check with the other non-microsoft drivers it also crashed(without supplying a driver culprit) so i just decided to call this a day and start again tomorrow. I will also do the system specs thing then.

i also attached the latest dumps(some of them from driver verifying)

MuadDib, Feb 8, 2016
  6. axe0 New Member
    If you haven't yet, backup the data and replace the hard drive a.s.a.p.
    It indicates a failing/faulty hard drive.

axe0, Feb 9, 2016
  7. MuadDib Win User
    Thanks, I'd rather leave that as a last resort, since changing hardware on a laptop isn't really my forte.
    Could you tell anything unusual out of the dumps? I want to make sure it isn't a faulty driver.

MuadDib, Feb 9, 2016
  8. axe0 New Member

Bad luck, you have to replace the hard drive. Corrupted data occurs very quick with a failing/faulty hard drive.

axe0, Feb 9, 2016
  9. MuadDib Win User
    Today morning when my laptop started up it said it was "checking and repairing" something and now SDST passed twice. Could it be possible that it got repaired by that? (im running long generic now just to make sure)

MuadDib, Feb 9, 2016
  10. axe0 New Member
    Please run following test and post the screenshots.

Diagnostics Test
    HDD TEST

Run HDTune to
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • check the health,
    • benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    Let me know what the results are
    • of the error scan,
    • make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,
    • post screenshots with the benchmark of the
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

11. MuadDib Win User
    the full scan will take some time ,but here's the health and the benchmarks(health had 1 warning and it's selected): Attachment 63468Attachment 63469

MuadDib, Feb 9, 2016
  12. axe0 New Member
    That is a very low minimum transfer rate which could indicate a failing/faulty hard drive.

Keep an eye on the calibration retry counts, if the data it holds rises it gives an indication of a few things
    • the hard drive is failing/faulty,
    • the cable is bad,
    • the connection on the motherboard is bad.

Thema:

1. Random BSODs over varied amounts of time - Similar Threads - Random BSODs varied

2. Varying Crashes at Random Times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Varying Crashes at Random Times: My computer can crash at basically anytime. Sometimes it crashes after it's been running fine for several hours, sometimes it crashes after just a few minutes, sometimes it crashes in the lock screen immediately following another crash. It has around a 50/50 chance of its...
  3. Varying Crashes at Random Times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Varying Crashes at Random Times: My computer can crash at basically anytime. Sometimes it crashes after it's been running fine for several hours, sometimes it crashes after just a few minutes, sometimes it crashes in the lock screen immediately following another crash. It has around a 50/50 chance of its...
  4. Varying Crashes at Random Times

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Random BSOD errors of varying codes

Random BSOD errors of varying codes: I have been getting random BSOD errors for a while, sometimes I get 5 in 1 day, and sometimes I get none in 1 week, it is very random. I have tried most of the recommended fixes for the codes I get and none seem to work. Here is a zipped file containing the 5 most recent BSOD...
  6. Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time

Frequent BSODs that vary by error every time: This has been going on for quite a while, I reinstalled OS, replaced OS drive, ran Memtest86+ twice with 0 errors, not sure what to do now. I've attached the minidumps for my 3 most recent crashes. Any help?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvlkeXYpyZj72SgpUQ6VXA5PHw09?e=uOFXD5...
  7. NO BSOD random crashes, getting worse over time.

NO BSOD random crashes, getting worse over time.: Hey everybody, I'm very new here so if this isn't the place to post just let me know. I have a problem that has stumped family friends and reddit denizens, hoping I can get a better opinion here. My machine has been restarting randomly, while not under load. I ccould play a 4...
  8. Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes

Frequent BSODs at random times with varying error codes: Hello, I am experiencing frequent BSODs that occur at seemingly random times, and I would really appreciate your help. (The debug files from DM log collector are attached.) Here are some variables that can help with a diagnosis: - Disabling all startup programs...
  9. Varying BSOD's...

Varying BSOD's...: Ok I want to take a moment to say thanks to AXEO for helping me solve my issues! Ok I was experiencing a wide range of blue screen error msg's AKA as BSOD's. IRQL, MEM, READ/write, combined with computer freezing for moment and then speeding up....here is a quick sum up of...
  10. BSOD and random restarts. Blue screen varies.

BSOD and random restarts. Blue screen varies.: Hi I've been having some system issues in the last week or two, before that the system had been stable for around 6 weeks after working previous issues out with the Windows 10 upgrade. currently I'm getting a random system shutdown and restart every 10(?) minutes and a...