Windows 10: Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM

Discus and support Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all, I have been having this problem and it's not my first time but I'd like to see if I can resolve it. Since upgrading to the creators update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MattKGregory, Apr 13, 2017.

1. Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM

Hey all,

I have been having this problem and it's not my first time but I'd like to see if I can resolve it. Since upgrading to the creators update I have been having random BSOD crashes throughout the day. I have checked individual RAM sticks and it is exactly the same result with all the RAM. I am doubting there is a problem with the RAM though - when I upgraded to the Anniversary Update in August last year, this problem happened as well and it got to the point where I ended up formatting and magically the BSOD crashes disappeared!

Has anyone got an idea of what could be causing these crashes? I'm considering switching back to the previous build and trying again but I'm pretty stuck on this problem right now haha. I'd rather not format for the 2nd time in a year or whenever Microsoft decided to release a big update *Tongue

Cheers all *Smile

:)

MattKGregory, Apr 13, 2017
  2. GoomanIQS Win User

BSOD after Creators' Update - DMP files attached

I get random BSODs since the Creators' Update. Sometimes they occur even when my laptop is idle.

I've run Driver Verifier, rebooted and got a BSOD immediately, indicating the culprit is dam.sys

DMP file and MSINFO32 output available at https://infinityqs4-my.sharepoint.c...yqs_com/Documents/bsod-dam.zip?csf=1&e=gXH2A2

GoomanIQS, Apr 13, 2017
  3. Alan B Win User
    DISM, Windows Reset/Refresh not working.

Faulty RAM can give rise to 'random' blue screens (BSODs).

Alan B, Apr 13, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM

You are using zonealarm, did you upgrade to the latest version 15.1. which has

lifetec, Apr 13, 2017
  5. I have 15.0.159.17147 - not 15.1. This /could/ be why. I'll try a Zonealarm update and get back to you.

I also remembered that I had driver booster - I don't know why I used it - I'm better than that haha. I've rolled back the drivers that it updated since they probably weren't compatible. So far though with the drivers rolled back and driver booster uninstalled, I've had no more BSODs.

MattKGregory, Apr 13, 2017
  6. MattKGregory, Apr 13, 2017
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Apr 14, 2017
  8. Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM

I've had a couple more BSODs. I've attached the updated diagnostic below.

MattKGregory, Apr 14, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    Can't really do much with the dumps yet. Microsoft has not made the symbol files for the 15063 build available.

I suggest getting rid of (completely uninstalling) Zonealarm and Kaspersky and running with the built-in Windows Defender and Windows Firewall for awhile, see if that makes a difference. If not, leae them off for now but try doing a Clean Boot.

See here: How to Perform a Clean Boot in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts

Do you use the VPN client Tunnelbear? If not uninstall it as well.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM

1. Random BSOD's since Creators Update - already checked RAM - Similar Threads - Random BSOD's since

2. Seemingly random BSODs, already checked RAM and reinstalled Windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Seemingly random BSODs, already checked RAM and reinstalled Windows: Hello lovely people, I hope this is the right thread to post this in. I built my Computer 7 months ago and ever since I've been getting seemingly random BSODs usually once a day or more. The odd thing is that it seems to happen pretty randomly, and I haven't found a way to...
  3. Random BSOD since forever

Random BSOD since forever: Hey there :) I have some weird BSOD thing going on. It happens randomly. Sometimes i come home from work and my PC crashed. Sometimes it runs a week on *heavy load without crashing. *making music, playing games. I also had BSOD on my old PC. The Hardware i took with me to...
  4. random BSOD since months

random BSOD since months: Hy everybody, First of all sorry for my english. I bought all the pc parts around half year ago. I got a lot of difference BSOD. *Sad I am not an expert in this things, but i really frustrated. some BSod error i got: Unexpected kernel mode trap driven overrun stack buffer...
  5. Random BSODs since update last week

Random BSODs since update last week: Windows version 1903. Ever since a middle of the night update last week (10/5) the system has random bsods. Also cannot access the system information app, "windows management files may be moved or missing." although running sfc /scannow reports everything is fine. The...
  6. Text Size Since Creators Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Text Size Since Creators Update: Since the creators update my text size and browser icons are back to small size. I can't find the old display settings where you can adjust text size, bold, etc and icon size. DPI settings change the text size but also adjust the icons which are already the correct size....
  7. Many BSOD since Creator update?

Many BSOD since Creator update?: Dear all, Since Creator update I have many BSOD. Not sure to what action it is linked. Can somebody help (see file) please? TY in advance. Attachment 147994 90897
  8. BSOD randomly since Windows 10 update

BSOD randomly since Windows 10 update: Got the BSOD twice today. First time was "kernel security check failure" and the second was "system thread exception not handled". This system was totally stable before the recent update. I have an HP envy touch 15 with i7 processor, 16gb ram, nvidia graphics, etc....
  9. Windows 10 Check Disk at every startup since creators update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Check Disk at every startup since creators update: Hi everyone. Ever since I updated Windows 10 to the creators update a few weeks ago, my HP Spectre laptop at startup has a message that pops up asking to perform a chkdsk or press space bar within 8 seconds. Any suggestions/recommendations on how to stop/get rid of this...
  10. Blurry text since Creators Update.

in Windows 10 Support
    Blurry text since Creators Update.: I tried every fix out there nothing works that googling says. Nothing works. The issue I am having is that certain fonts and this affects all programs are blurry. Even MS own built in programs. The issue is the Segoe UI font. Example if I change the font to a program to...