Windows 10: Random BSOD's - Usually at startup / login / Or coming from sleep etc

Discus and support Random BSOD's - Usually at startup / login / Or coming from sleep etc in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I get random BSOD's and it happens most when dealing with logging in or starting up. And sometimes other moments. I use a GT72 6QD Dominator G MSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by renkun, Mar 10, 2016.

1. renkun Win User

Random BSOD's - Usually at startup / login / Or coming from sleep etc

I get random BSOD's and it happens most when dealing with logging in or starting up. And sometimes other moments.

I use a GT72 6QD Dominator G MSI notebook.Attachment 68754

:)

renkun, Mar 10, 2016

2. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Windows 10

I upgraded from Windows 8.1 to WIndows 10 on my ASUS VivoBook S400CA

1. Windows does not come up from sleep and it goes into BSOD with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE .

2. Startup time for os has increases significantly.

RohitRohatgi, Mar 10, 2016
  3. Can DCOM errors cause random sleep/shutdown?

OK this has just started occurring in the last month or so and am usually pretty good at getting to the bottom of things but not this one yet. My laptop randomly switches itself off for no reason. I can get back by pressing space bar and/or sometimes power
    button. When it comes back on it's just as usual like nothing has happened, no blue screen no errors reported about windows shutting down so i'm guessing it's really just putting itself to sleep. Doing all the usual checks.. memory, system file checker, malware,
    virus, chipset heat, corrupted power options etc etc but unsure why this is happening. This was a new laptop at start of 2016 and it had hard disk replaced with a new one by Acer due to BSOD errors but has been smooth since. The only match I can get with the
    time of each occurrence of what seems like a shut down but is just going to sleep I assume is a reference to DCOM within the event logs.. My Q is does anyone know if this could be the culprit which I think is unusual that it would cause power issues?

It's an Acer Travelmate p257 running w10 pro (upgraded from 8.1 installation). The DCOM entries in the event logs which seem closest in timing to when this random sleep time occurs, state the following... 'distributed COM.. the app-specific permission settings
    do not grant local activation permission for the COM server app with CLSID.... this security permission can be modified using the component services admin tool'.

Any thoughts gratefully rec'd as whilst the laptop is not reporting any major problem I think a random sleep if that's what it is cannot be good in the long term. It may there is a lingering issue with the original problems I had back at start of 2016 which
    were identified as hard drive but perhaps something else still around.

cyano‡blue™, Mar 10, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Do two things.
    1. Clean boot. Clean Boot - Perform in Windows 10 to Troubleshoot Software Conflicts - Windows 10 Forums
    2. Update windows to version 10586
    See how it goes. Let us know.
    ____________________________________________________________________________
    Code: Windows 10 Kernel Version 10240 MP (8 procs) Free x64[/quote] Code: BugCheck A, {8, 2, 0, fffff8034a4bd2d1} Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiInsertTimerTable+b1 ) Followup: MachineOwner ---------[/quote]

Thema:

1. Random BSOD's - Usually at startup / login / Or coming from sleep etc - Similar Threads - Random BSOD's Usually

2. Random BSOD coming out of Sleep Windows 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD coming out of Sleep Windows 20H2: Let me first say, I have done all the usual recommendations. Update to latest drivers, Memtest, Windows Update... Memtest shows no errors, Windows Update is now 20H2. SFC shows no errors, same with CHKDSK.Device: HP Pavilion 15-CS2xxx series I-7-8565U, 24Gb, 4Gb NVidia, 480...
  3. Random sleep/BSOD

Random sleep/BSOD: I've been having this issue through multiple clean windows installs on the same laptop. My screen randomly goes black or laptop goes to sleep when it is being used and sometimes it also gives a BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I've searched everwhere and I can't find someone...
  4. Random BSOD, usually when waking up

Random BSOD, usually when waking up: Can someone interpret this? I ran memtest x8 and my RAM wasn't working. BIOS is at its latest same with video card. 121854
  5. BSOD randomly, usually error 0x0000001a

BSOD randomly, usually error 0x0000001a: My Windows 10 desktop computer crashes often, maybe twice a day on average. I can't really guess what makes it crash, except it seems to happen more often when there are many activities running. Here are all the error strings from BlueScreenView (most common at top):...
  6. BSOD Random Startups

BSOD Random Startups: Sometimes I get the BSOD saying irql not less or equal. Sometimes I can restart it and it will boot normal. Sometimes it takes 20 times of restarting to finally go through. Not sure why it is happening but its not all the time and might go a month or two without it happening....
  7. Random BSOD usually when gaming

Random BSOD usually when gaming: Hi, I've been getting a lot of BSOD these past 2 months with the message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ETD.sys). May i know what's the cause for this? 55529
  8. BSOD on random startups

BSOD on random startups: I get the driver_overran_stack_buffer on random bootups of the machine. Maybe 1 in every 3 or 4 boots. Hopefully someone can help me figure it out! 52522
  9. Random BSOD on StartUp

Random BSOD on StartUp: Hi there! On the 22nd and 24th of October when I have started up the PC, a BSOD has popped up just as it is trying to load windows. The BSOD info that I received were: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (nvlddmkm.sys). I downloaded and installed WhoCrashed and started an...
  10. Taskbar switches screens on startup, wake from sleep, etc.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar switches screens on startup, wake from sleep, etc.: I'm running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit with two displays: screen one on the right and screen two on the left. I normally have my taskbar and a couple of icons on the left screen, but every time I start the computer or it wakes from sleep, the taskbar and all my icons on screen two...