Windows 10: Random BSOD's while using computer

Discus and support Random BSOD's while using computer in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, recently my laptop has been crashing. I had a few BSOD's about a week ago and one today. The crashes are seemingly random. Sometimes it crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CaptainCrow, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Random BSOD's while using computer

Hello, recently my laptop has been crashing. I had a few BSOD's about a week ago and one today. The crashes are seemingly random. Sometimes it crashes when I'm watching youtube, sometimes when I'm browsing reddit. I haven't downloaded any new drivers or anything so I don't think that is the issue. Really wish I had more information, but that's all I've got. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here are the required files: Attachment 149792

Thanks,
    Angelo

:)

CaptainCrow, Aug 20, 2017
  2. Bastique Win User

Random BSOD while using Windows 10

Bastique, Aug 20, 2017
  3. Random BSOD while using Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for responding.

As you have made no changes and issue is not specific to particular program, do let s know the following:

• Are you still facing the issue?
    • Are you able to boot into the safe mode?
    • What exactly are you performing prior to this issue?
    • Have you checked if the issue persists in safe mode or not?
    • Have you performed the troubleshooting steps being provided by Swathi in the previous post?

Reply to the post with required information to assist you according.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Random BSOD's while using computer

Hi CaptainCrow ,

There was corruption noted on the drive file system.
    The HD has a bad block.
    There is corruption of the Master File Table (MFT)
    There was 1 misbehaving hardware driver.

1) This drive could fail at any time and files should be immediately backed up.
    2) Open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste:
    3) chkdsk /x /f /r
    4) When you see this information in administrative command prompt please type: Y and then reboot.
    It may take many hours so plan to run overnight.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.15063]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk /x /f /r
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Again this may take many hours so plan to run in overnight.

Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

5) Post the results in the thread.

6) Run memtest86+ version 5.01 for at least 8 passes.
    This may take many hours so plan to run it overnight.

http://www.memtest.org/
    When Memtest86+ has completed 8 or more runs use a camera or smart phone camera to take a picture and post an image into the thread.
    There is 8 GB RAM.
    Testing with Memtest86+ takes approximately 1 -2 hrs /GB RAM.
    Just 1 error is a fail.
    If there is a fail testing both RAM at the same time then remove 1 RAM module and test 1 RAM at a time in the same DIMM. If both pass after testing in the same DIMM then move 1 RAM to the next DIMM.
    Every test requires 8 passes.
    There is a high incidence of false negatives if fewer than 8 passes are performed.
    So tests will be repeated if fewer than 8 passes are made.
    Please make sure that there are at least 8 passes and the more the better.
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/memory-problems/21c3f63f-f570-4522-b2ef-ecc7b7ff6461
    https://www.windowsphoneinfo.com/threads/memtest86-test-ram.2010/

7) open administrative command prompt and type or copy and paste these commands:
    9) sfc /scannow
    10) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

11) When these have completed > right click on the top bar or title bar of the administrative command prompt box > left click on edit then select all > right click on the top bar again > left click on edit then copy > paste into the thread

12) run one of the SMART tests on your drives:

a) CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World:
    CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
    Download Center - Crystal Dew World
    Software - Crystal Dew World

b) HD Tune: HD Tune website

c) Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring: Hard Disk Sentinel - HDD health and temperature monitoring

When the SMART test has completed open the Microsoft snipping tool and make images of the results to post into the thread.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Check the health, scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan, and run a benchmark.

It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    the health,
    the error scan,
    the benchmark incl. following
    transfer rate,
    access time,
    burst rate,
    cpu usage.
    Take Screenshot in Windows 10 Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

13) Run Sea tools for windows on your drive using SMART, short and long generic tests:

How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downl...ls-win-master/
    How to use SeaTools for Windows
    http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

14) Open the Acer website > enter the computer's serial or product number and operating system > view drivers > identify Qualcomm Atheros Extensible wireless LAN athw8x.sys > download to desktop
    15) disconnect computer from wireless
    16) open device manager > uninstall Qualcom Atheros extensible wireless lan athw8x.sys
    17) install wireless driver placed on the desktop.

Code: Event[13184]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2017-04-08T16:38:33.381 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Angelo_Laptop Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:.The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x1100000002ee75. The name of the file is "\Windows\System32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Package_4268_for_KB4013429~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.2.cat".[/quote] Code: Event[21091]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Ntfs Date: 2017-08-08T22:33:19.810 Event ID: 140 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Angelo_Laptop Description: The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur in VolumeId: C:, DeviceName: \Device\HarddiskVolume4.[/quote] Code: Event[13184]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2017-04-08T16:38:33.381 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Angelo_Laptop Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:.The Master File Table (MFT) contains a corrupted file record. The file reference number is 0x1100000002ee75. The name of the file is "\Windows\System32\CatRoot\{F750E6C3-38EE-11D1-85E5-00C04FC295EE}\Package_4268_for_KB4013429~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.1.2.cat".[/quote] Code: Event[13010]: Log Name: System Source: Ntfs Date: 2017-04-07T11:38:14.775 Event ID: 55 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Angelo_Laptop Description: A corruption was discovered in the file system structure on volume C:.The exact nature of the corruption is unknown. The file system structures need to be scanned online.[/quote] Code: Event[22061]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-FilterManager Date: 2017-08-13T22:29:41.986 Event ID: 4 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Angelo_Laptop Description: File System Filter 'wcifs' (Version 10.0, ?2016?-?09?-?15T12:42:03.000000000Z) failed to attach to volume '\Device\HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy1'. The filter returned a non-standard final status of 0xC000000D. This filter and/or its supporting applications should handle this condition. If this condition persists, contact the vendor.[/quote] Code: Event[12118]: Log Name: System Source: disk Date: 2017-03-27T18:25:35.655 Event ID: 7 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: Angelo_Laptop Description: The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block.[/quote] athw8x.sys Atheros Wireless LAN Driver Official site: Drivers | Qualcomm
    Unofficial site: http://www.atheros.cz

Code: athr Qualcomm Atheros Exten Qualcomm Atheros Exten Kernel Manual Running OK TRUE FALSE 0 3,538,944 0 1/28/2016 4:52:54 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\athw8x.sys 8,192[/quote] Code: Name [00000008] Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network AdapterAdapter Type Ethernet 802.3Product Type Qualcomm Atheros AR5BWB222 Wireless Network AdapterInstalled YesPNP Device ID PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0034&SUBSYS_662111AD&REV_01\4&19D913EF&0&00E1Last Reset 8/20/2017 11:44 PMIndex 8Service Name athrIP Address 192.168.1.11, fe80::3892:2f5e:fd3d:6675IP Subnet 255.255.255.0, 64Default IP Gateway 192.168.1.1DHCP Enabled YesDHCP Server 192.168.1.1DHCP Lease Expires 8/21/2017 12:46 AMDHCP Lease Obtained 8/20/2017 11:46 PMMAC Address ‪2CRandom BSOD's while using computer :D0:5A:C0:B4Random BSOD's while using computer :DD‬Memory Address 0xD3500000-0xD357FFFFIRQ Channel IRQ 17Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\athw8x.sys (3.0.2.201, 4.04 MB (4,233,728 bytes), 7/16/2016 7:41 AM)[/quote] Code: Event[54]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2016-09-03T21:57:28.032 Event ID: 7045 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: Angelo_Laptop Description: A service was installed in the system.Service Name: Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driverService File Name: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athw8x.sysService Type: kernel mode driverService Start Type: demand startService Account:[/quote]

zbook, Aug 20, 2017
  5. Thanks for the help. Give me a few days and I'll post all of the results. I've already backed everything up so no worries there.

CaptainCrow, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSOD's while using computer

1. Random BSOD's while using computer - Similar Threads - Random BSOD's while

2. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer Random BSOD while Idle: Computer has been randomly crashing while at normal and/or low usage.Checked Event viewer, found the following error:Event 18, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Bus/Interconnect...
  3. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Random BSOD while Idle: Computer has been randomly crashing while at normal and/or low usage.Checked Event viewer, found the following error:Event 18, WHEA-LoggerA fatal hardware error has occurred.Reported by component: Processor CoreError Source: Machine Check ExceptionError Type: Bus/Interconnect...
  4. Computer Random BSOD while Idle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer randomly locks while using it

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer randomly locks while using it: My PC has started to randomly lock/sleep while using it. This is in the middle of typing/moving the mouse. This is after the resent set of updates. I have checked my CPU temps and they are fine, and it is a desktop. This has happened while playing Resident Evil on Xbox...
  6. Random BSOD while using Firefox

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSOD while using Firefox: Hello! Since I've updated my Windows 10 to the 1903 version I'm having random BSODs while I'm opening new tabs in Firefox. Usually it happens once every few days and shortly after I boot up my PC for the first time of the day. The error is the following:...
  7. BSoD while using computer

BSoD while using computer: I encountered a BSoD while playing League. I was also in a voice call in Discord but never had issues like this before. Here are the dump files with msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Asd78M-c21qc71iQlA4VbNSa6ai-...
  8. Random BSOD errors while using my computer, mostly gaming.

Random BSOD errors while using my computer, mostly gaming.: I'm currently experiencing random BSOD every 25-45 minutes, and it seems to be more frequent when I'm gaming. I've seen about five different BSOD errors now. I have linked my logs, help would be appreciated.Attachment 147382 90636
  9. Random BSODs while using laptop

Random BSODs while using laptop: So I reinstalled Windows like a month ago due to issues. Everything has been fine, however a few weeks ago, I started to get BSOD's while using the computer! It would just happen at random. However now, it bluescreens after logging back in from being in sleep mode. It did it...
  10. Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.

Random BSOD's while using computer driving me nuts.: Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post! Please see attached the Minidumps that were collected after running dm_log_collector.exe Computer specs I expect should be visible in my profile. In case I missed some crucial information, let me know and I'll...