Windows 10: Random BSODs while using laptop

Discus and support Random BSODs while using laptop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I reinstalled Windows like a month ago due to issues. Everything has been fine, however a few weeks ago, I started to get BSOD's while using the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by watewut10, Apr 23, 2016.

1. watewut10 Win User

Random BSODs while using laptop

So I reinstalled Windows like a month ago due to issues. Everything has been fine, however a few weeks ago, I started to get BSOD's while using the computer! It would just happen at random. However now, it bluescreens after logging back in from being in sleep mode. It did it twice yesterday, and the BSOD errors were different! I just want to know what is causing this to happen, and how to possibly fix it! Also here are some pictures of some of the BSOD's I've gotten in the past few weeks, and one of them was actually a dim yellow screen! I also have the files you need! Thanks for the help in advance!

:)

watewut10, Apr 23, 2016
  2. maz.az Win User

BSOD when Unplugged

Hello,

I have a DELL XPS 15 9550 who's been with me for a year now. Lately, I have been experiencing a lot of BSOD's. I thought at first they were random, but then I noticed that they happen after the laptop is unplugged. The weird thing is that if I turn on the
    laptop already unplugged, the BSOD does not show up. But if I turn it on and use it for a while while plugged, then if I unplug, it the BSOD will show after 10-15 minutes. All my drivers are up to date, and I also ran a virus check and checked for corrupted
    system files with no result. Any help would be appreciated.

maz.az, Apr 23, 2016
  3. DeetleVa Win User
    11 BSODs in 3 months with Windows 10

The BSODs have been random. Some have occurred while the laptop was idle, others during various operations. HP did not list chipset driver updates for windows 10. I installed the latest drivers listed for Windows 7. I have had two more BSODs:

Driver overran stack buffer and Unexpected kernel mode trap. I added the two minidumps for 1/27/2016

DeetleVa, Apr 23, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Dump points to Readyboost.sys which is a MS file so not the cause.

Some possible causes:
    Code: - Incorrectly configured, old, or corrupted device drivers. (very common) - Corruption in Windows registry from a recent rdyboost.sys-related software change (install or uninstall). - Virus or malware infection that has corrupted the rdyboost.sys file or related Windows program files. - Hardware conflict after installing new Microsoft hardware, or hardware related to rdyboost.sys. - Damaged or removed system files after you’ve installed software or drivers. - rdyboost.sys blue screen caused by a damaged hard disk. - rdyboost.sys STOP error due to memory (RAM) corruption.[/quote] Some possible fixes:
    Code: Step 1: Update Your PC Device Drivers Step 2: Repair Registry Entries Associated with Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO images Step 3: Conduct a Full Malware Scan of Your PC Step 4: Utilize Windows System Restore to "Undo" Recent System Changes Step 5: Uninstall Recently-Installed Program Associated with Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO images / Rdyboost.sys Step 6: Run Windows System File Checker ("sfc /scannow") Step 7: Install All Available Windows Updates Step 8: Check for Hard Drive Corruption ("chkdsk /f") Step 9: Test Your Memory (RAM) for Corruption Step 10: Perform a Clean Installation of Windows[/quote] Make sure you are current with all Windows Updates.

Start by updating drivers, especially Chipset and Video. Also check to see if a BIOS update is available.
    Run sfc /scannow from a Elevated Command prompt.
    Run chkdsk /f as indicated.
    Test RAM with memtest86+ MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

You did a clean install a month ago so no point is repeating that yet,

Ztruker, Apr 23, 2016
  5. watewut10 Win User
    Ok so I have all of the latest Windows Updates installed, and all of the drivers say they are up to date! Also how do I update the BIOS? I also ran the SFC thing and got this (See pic). Should I upload the log it is saying? I'll also run the chkdsk thing soon. I've ran Memtest for 8 passes like 6 months ago when I had BSOD's, and it found nothing, and took 16 hours to get to 8 passes. I don't think I should run it again, as this computer gets very hot when on for a while.

watewut10, Apr 23, 2016
  6. lifetec Win User
    From this tutorial https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...0-a.html?ltr=S

lifetec, Apr 23, 2016
  7. axe0 New Member
    Yes, please upload it so we can see what the corruption is *Smile

8. watewut10 Win User

Ok I tried uploading the log and its too large of a file and won't let me. Should I paste the log?

watewut10, Apr 23, 2016
  9. axe0 New Member
    That could take quite some time with the content of the file, it is better to upload it to a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, google drive, onedrive or similar and post the share link into your next reply.

10. watewut10 Win User
    Ok so I uploaded the log to Google Drive so here's the link to it: CBS.log - Google Drive

Also I got another BSOD while shutting down the computer and it was a different error! Here is a pic of the BSOD and also ran the DM Log Collector again so that you can see the info on this different BSOD.

Also the computer is really acting weird now when switching to different programs on the taskbar and have to sometimes click it several times for it to switch! It's also doing other weird things and don't know what's going on. It just started doing this after that BSOD I just got.

watewut10, Apr 24, 2016
  11. axe0 New Member
    The file NetFx4-uninstallpersistsqlstate_sql is corrupted.
    Please try following command in admin command prompt
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth[/quote] If there are problems with RestoreHealth, please follow step 6 or 7 (depending on the file you have from the download) from the tutorial DISM - Repair Windows 10 Image - Tutorial

12. watewut10 Win User
    Ok so I tried the command and it didn't work, so I tried the source thing, and it didn't work either (See pic). I had the source go to my Windows 10 USB drive.

watewut10, Apr 25, 2016
  13. axe0 New Member

Try to copy just the install.wim to desktop then from admin command, copy and paste then run:
    Code: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:ESD:%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\Install.ESD:1 /LimitAccess[/quote]

14. Ztruker Win User
    Does G:\X64\sources\install.esd exist?

On my install flash drive the path is G:\sources\install.esd. Did you create a 32 and 64 bit install flash drive and is ther a X*6 and X64 folder off the root of the drive?

Ztruker, Apr 25, 2016
  15. watewut10 Win User
    Yes it does exist, since the USB has 32 and 64 bit versions on it. It has both. However I'm going to try to copy the file and do the other command when I get home later.

watewut10, Apr 25, 2016
Thema:

1. Random BSODs while using laptop - Similar Threads - Random BSODs while

2. BSODs while using my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs while using my laptop: Hi guys, I've been getting BSODs for the past couple weeks with different Error Codes Kernel Security Check Failure, System Service Excpetion, etc. with no helpful information. I made a clean install and made sure to only use manufacturer's drivers, but to no avail. I'm still...
  3. BSODs while using my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSODs while using my laptop: Hi guys, I've been getting BSODs for the past couple weeks with different Error Codes Kernel Security Check Failure, System Service Excpetion, etc. with no helpful information. I made a clean install and made sure to only use manufacturer's drivers, but to no avail. I'm still...
  4. BSODs while using my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random BSODs for a while

Random BSODs for a while: Hi everyone! I've been having some PC issues for a while now, and I've found a few of the causes for most of these issues. I had a faulty power supply, and subsequently replaced it, as well as uninstalled Oculus since OVRServiceLauncher was causing issues as well. Recently I...
  6. Random BSOD while using Firefox

Random BSOD while using Firefox: Hello! Since I've updated my Windows 10 to the 1903 version I'm having random BSODs while I'm opening new tabs in Firefox. Usually it happens once every few days and shortly after I boot up my PC for the first time of the day. The error is the following:...
  7. Random BSOD's while using computer

Random BSOD's while using computer: Hello, recently my laptop has been crashing. I had a few BSOD's about a week ago and one today. The crashes are seemingly random. Sometimes it crashes when I'm watching youtube, sometimes when I'm browsing reddit. I haven't downloaded any new drivers or anything so I don't...
  8. Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle

Random BSOD typically while Laptop is Idle: Typically when I step away from my laptop, or leave it over night - I will awake to it having a BSOD and reboots to the Dell Alienware Recovery Program. I've updated all the drivers I can, and it still is giving me this issue. Luckily it rarely happens while I'm actively...
  9. BSOD at random times while using PC

BSOD at random times while using PC: I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 home last week. However, today, while I was playing with my PS4, my PC randomly got 2 BSOD with in 3 minutes time frame. I was not using my PC. It was turned on, idling. After the first BSOD, the PC restarted and within 3 min another...
  10. Random Black Screens While Using Laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Random Black Screens While Using Laptop: Before I begin, I want to note that my computer, just this past week, got upgraded to build 1607 of Windows 10 and a couple batches of updates installed in the next couple of days. At the moment, I have disabled updates because I am trying to see if I can produce my errors...