Windows 10: Random BSODs

Discus and support Random BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; We recently upgraded this machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now every once in awhile we will get a seemingly random blue screen. I believe it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Chrisfl94, Mar 16, 2016.

1. Chrisfl94 Win User

Random BSODs

We recently upgraded this machine from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now every once in awhile we will get a seemingly random blue screen. I believe it is either bad memory or a driver, but can use a little help to figure out which it is.
    Thank you,
    Chris

:)

Chrisfl94, Mar 16, 2016

2. ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0 BSOD error

So far, with one memory chip no BSOD. But, getting a BSOD would be random and infrequent.

I've went through that article in the past and still have gotten BSOD.

Kevin.Wieser, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Alan B Win User
    DISM, Windows Reset/Refresh not working.

Faulty RAM can give rise to 'random' blue screens (BSODs).

Alan B, Mar 16, 2016
  4. Random BSODs

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

Random BSODs

1. Random BSODs - Similar Threads - Random BSODs

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly: Hi I get this BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL often, I've got several dump files all with different culprits. I performed various checks without finding the direct reason.Installed the WinDbg windows debugger tool and analysed the dump files. No one culprit, seems to be some...
  4. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...
  6. Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER

Random BSOD REFERENCE_BY_POINTER: Hi, I just had a random BSOD.This is the minidump. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1fX0HB0_uL19Wy8FOa52dbwKm5iSG30tM?usp=sharingAny ideas what caused this? And how to make sure it doesn't happen again? I have never gotten this error code before, but have been having on...
  7. Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139: I have just installed 13 Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF Plus PC's, and across the PC's I keep getting random about once a day BDSOD, after which the PC will end on the RECOVERY "It looks like windows didn't load correctly" screen. From there the user can click through and get back to...
  8. Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139

Multiple WIN11 PC's with random BSOD - mostly error 139: I have just installed 13 Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF Plus PC's, and across the PC's I keep getting random about once a day BDSOD, after which the PC will end on the RECOVERY "It looks like windows didn't load correctly" screen. From there the user can click through and get back to...
  9. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...
  10. random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    random BSODs and games crashing to desktop after installing new CPU and motherboard: Hello everyone! I'm having some issues after installing a new Motherboard and CPU into my PC. I switched from a ASUS Prime Z-270K with an Intel i5-7600k to an MSI mpg b550 Gaming Plus with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D. After the switch I had a lot of issues with occasional blue...