Windows 10: Random BSODs

Discus and support Random BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having trouble with my new PC I assembled few days ago. In many situations I had BSODs while playing, browsing net or even in idle. As IT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LongWayHome, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Random BSODs

Hello,
    I'm having trouble with my new PC I assembled few days ago. In many situations I had BSODs while playing, browsing net or even in idle. As IT guy I can't even think of it, because all of STOP codes are different! My RAM is ok, disk also, checkdisk without errors, SFC ok, temperatures normal, system updated and genuine. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

:)

LongWayHome, Apr 16, 2016

2. ntoskrnl.exe+1640e0 BSOD error

So far, with one memory chip no BSOD. But, getting a BSOD would be random and infrequent.

I've went through that article in the past and still have gotten BSOD.

Kevin.Wieser, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Alan B Win User
    DISM, Windows Reset/Refresh not working.

Faulty RAM can give rise to 'random' blue screens (BSODs).

Alan B, Apr 16, 2016
  4. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSODs

Hi @LongWayHome.

When you, as an IT guy, say that the RAM is OK, I should take it as it is. But based on the versatility of the bugcheck codes and the bugcheck descriptions, I think we should have a second check.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.MemTest86+ - Test RAM Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
    Take a camera snap of the memtest86+ window before closing the program. Let us see it.
    Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

5. Hello Arc,
    Thank you for reply. I will test it in the night. I need to do some things to work tomorrow.
    I got next BSODs today. It's more confusing than earlier...
    Attachment 75251

LongWayHome, Apr 16, 2016
  6. ARC
    Arc Win User
    That versatility of the bugchecks are giving a strong notion to failing memory. That may not be a failing RAM only, some other things also causes memory failure.

But the physical health of the RAM is the first thing needs to be certain. We will decide our next courses of actions after seeing the results of Memtest86+. OK? *Smile

7. Passed two times. After this, I needed to turn off PC, because it was noisy and my boy couldn't sleep.
    Here's a shot before second pass.
    Got more BSODs after this. Somewhere read that it can be voltage problem.
    On producents site there's 1.5V on these memory, but in BIOS I see 1.239 V.

LongWayHome, Apr 17, 2016
  8. ARC
    Arc Win User

Random BSODs

But no decision about the RAM can be arrived at if the test is run for less than at least 8 consecutive passes. *Sad

9. But the RAM is totally new, just out from the box in the shop. Why would it be damaged? I can't let myself do not use PC for more than 24h - my job is kind of delicate stuff.

10. ARC
    Arc Win User
    As an IT guy you should know that hardware components may be faulty out of the box.

11. Well, I never met with hard that were damaged OOB, but okay. I will test it one more time.

12. Okay I got it - writing it for the further cases.
    The problem was one of the LAN/graphics/audio drivers that was not for my mobo.
    I just uninstalled them, installed right from the MSI site and it's not bsoding again. Guys, check your version of LAN and audio drivers in "Programs and Features" and compare it to the version on site.
    Going back to OC.
    Thank you @Arc for your posts. Have a nice day.

LongWayHome, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random BSODs

1. Random BSODs - Similar Threads - Random BSODs

2. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  3. SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SFC and DISM commands not working, random BSOD's with stop code memory management: My computer was randomly crashing into BSOD with stop code memory management. I tried running the memory troubleshooter through the system but it fixed nothing. I tried running the "sfc /scannow" and "DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /Restorehealth" commands multiple times but...
  4. BSoD at random times and it keeps giving me different error messages.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD at random times and it keeps giving me different error messages.: I keep getting BSoD at random times. It gives me a different error code every time so I don't know what could be causing it. I've gotten DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DPC Watchdog Violation, and a few others that I don't remember....
  5. BSoD at random times and it keeps giving me different error messages.

BSoD at random times and it keeps giving me different error messages.: I keep getting BSoD at random times. It gives me a different error code every time so I don't know what could be causing it. I've gotten DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DPC Watchdog Violation, and a few others that I don't remember....
  6. Random and Frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...
  7. Random and Frequent BSOD

Random and Frequent BSOD: I get a random BSOD error message throughout the day and I can’t figure out what the issue is. It’s like it cycles through different errors each time it happens. The only time I don’t get a BSOD is when I’m playing FiveM, GTAV RP. I could play that for hours upon hours and...
  8. Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate: Hi, I need help please please. Random restart of my PC, for the past week. 2 to 3 times a day. I have replaced power supply and CPU fan. Then earlier it restarted randomly again, and this time there was a blue screen. Below are the errors I found when I booted on safe mode. I...
  9. Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate

Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate: Hi, I need help please please. Random restart of my PC, for the past week. 2 to 3 times a day. I have replaced power supply and CPU fan. Then earlier it restarted randomly again, and this time there was a blue screen. Below are the errors I found when I booted on safe mode. I...
  10. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f