Windows 10: Random BSODs

Discus and support Random BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i was hoping somebody could help me with some issues i've been having, this is the second BSOD i have had in a while, they both seem to come at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dtsteege, Jun 2, 2018.

1. dtsteege Win User

Random BSODs

Hello, i was hoping somebody could help me with some issues i've been having, this is the second BSOD i have had in a while, they both seem to come at random, what doesn't change however is the error code; DPC Watchdog Violation.

From what i can tell this is a software issue, a driver specifically, however i do not know where the problem lies exactly, nor can i seem to figure it out. So, i thought posting here would be the best course of action. The required file has been attached to this post.

DESKTOP-04VRTSG-za_02-06-2018_104300,02.zip

:)

dtsteege, Jun 2, 2018

2. BSOD on Windows 10

• The last time i accessed was computer was today as I can log on but randomly causes BSOD's at random times
    • Not much althought I have reset my computer which did not eliminate my BSOD, safe mode does not get rid of my bsod either.

Eason LeeXB, Jun 11, 2018
  3. Random but frequent BSOD - whea_uncorrectable_error

I’m getting a lots of BSOD with whea_uncorrectable_error and I have tried lots of thing/suggestions from googleing…. Before this happened it all worked perfectly fine for a month and all of the sudden
    it began. It have never been overclocked only RAM have been set for XMP standard.

So here is my information and the behavior of my system

Setup:

• ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger Z170 (1+ month old)
    • Intel i7-6700K (Stock speed) (1+ month old)
    • Noctua NH-D15 (1+ month old)
    • Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666MHz 2 x 8GB (1+ month old)
    • Samsung 850 pro 128 GB (2 years old)
    • Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000W (3 years old)

What I have tried hardware wise:

• Removed all unnecessary connections such as extra front USB and AUDIO connection
    • Removed all other drives than the OS drive
    • Switched RAM sockets placing and tried only one at a time (with each one)
    • Moved jumper back and forth
    • Reset BIOS settings
    • Installed OS on different drive
    • Changed to use different keyboard/mouse
    • Firmware updated both SSD and BIOS
    • Unplugged internet cable
    • XMP left on and off

What I have tried OS wise:

• Windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update (newest and fully updated windows 10)
    • Windows 10 version 1607 anniversary update (without updating)
    • Windows 10 version 1511 (to determine of some updates between 1511 and 1607 were the issue)
    • Windows 7 service 1 (fully updated)
    • Windows 7 service 1 (not updated) – Pretty stable (1 BSOD total)
    • Booting into safemode seems to remove the issue aswell

What I have tried software/testing wise (all tests passed):

• Run memtest86
    • Intel Diagnostic Tool
    • CMD chkdsk
    • CMD sfc /scannow
    • Windows memory dia tool
    • Prime95 for hours’ multiple times (temp really isn’t an issue max 70c but mostly around 60c)
    • DRIVER VERIFIER
    • Furmark
    • PCMark 7 – tried all free benchmarks (on sable win 7)
    • HDTune
    • CrystalInfo
    • Intel Driver Update Utility
    • Uninstalled most drivers and installed all newest drives from ASUS website (only drivers)

BSOD “whea_uncorrectable_error” happens with no visible pattern, but her is what I have seen:

• BSOD happens regular 3-15 min from boot time
    • BSOD can happen before login (at login screen)
    • BSOD happens both if left totally untouched or if used
    • BSOD seems to be delayed by prime95 (my thought is that prime95 takes all the CPU power/priority from other threads, so the software issue or whatever can’t be executed)
    • A prime95 test of 1 hour happened without BSOD, 7 min after prime95 end a BSOD happened
    • Nothing specific seems to trigger the issue
    • Windows 7 service 1 without updates - doesn’t seem to be triggered or just not as easily (The only 1 BSOD happened shortly after inserting ASUS driver cd(might be random) on a fresh WIN 7 install, for 2 days it ran without BSOD)

I have tried online dmp file analysis and can see mostly:

• Machine Check Exception
    • 0x124_GenuineIntel
    • WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT or WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

I hope somebody can help me, I don’t know what else to do, it could be a hardware issue with the newer parts and I could send it for RMA, but to me it seems as a software issue when prime95 can delay it
    and there mostly isn’t any issue with windows 7 service 1 without any updates.

I have made a ZIP with a dmp files in different folder for each OS

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bxl9dui6ePZ7QnVFU290YUYwUWc/view?usp=sharing

MikkelKristensen, Jun 11, 2018
Thema:

Random BSODs

1. Random BSODs - Similar Threads - Random BSODs

2. Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate: Hi, I need help please please. Random restart of my PC, for the past week. 2 to 3 times a day. I have replaced power supply and CPU fan. Then earlier it restarted randomly again, and this time there was a blue screen. Below are the errors I found when I booted on safe mode. I...
  3. Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restart then BSOD windows 7 ultimate: Hi, I need help please please. Random restart of my PC, for the past week. 2 to 3 times a day. I have replaced power supply and CPU fan. Then earlier it restarted randomly again, and this time there was a blue screen. Below are the errors I found when I booted on safe mode. I...
  4. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f
  5. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...: What could be my issue? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-randomly-restarts-with-no-bsod-or-crashing/61a57001-1f57-41ce-bd0f-e4e86d1e0c6f
  6. My PC randomly restarts with no BSOD or crashing back to desktop. This has been happening...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Ryzen 5 3600 random bsod

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ryzen 5 3600 random bsod: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=C9DA80C8C464C068&id=C9DA80C8C464C068%21s968289b7e2194287bbda8b27b876f0ef&parId=root&o=OneUpminidump fileits bsod causes while im play gamesand afk...
  8. Ryzen 5 3600 random bsod

Ryzen 5 3600 random bsod: https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=C9DA80C8C464C068&id=C9DA80C8C464C068%21s968289b7e2194287bbda8b27b876f0ef&parId=root&o=OneUpminidump fileits bsod causes while im play gamesand afk...
  9. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...
  10. Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853

Been having random restart and BSOD after updating Windows KB5035853: Hi, I've been experiencing several random restarts when the machine is asleep and random BSODs after updating.The event viewers show the following error IDs:volmgr 161volmgr 162Is the error software or hardware-related?...