Windows 10: random crash on brand new build

Discus and support random crash on brand new build in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; just as the title says this is a brand new build specs are as follows motherboard asus x99 deluxe ii cpu intel core i7 6800k cpu cooler hyper 212... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by chrismitt2002, Dec 20, 2016.

1. random crash on brand new build

just as the title says this is a brand new build

specs are as follows
    motherboard asus x99 deluxe ii
    cpu intel core i7 6800k
    cpu cooler hyper 212
    gpu asus strix gtx 1070 8gb
    crucial ballistix 32gb ddr4 2400
    1tb ssd (os) brought over from old system
    1tb wd red brought over from old system

to start off i just started getting bsod's today so far it has done it 7 times
    now it did do this Saturday (I think) but I believe it to be caused by overclocking (not an over clocker) I say this because on reboot it said over clock failed this was done when I was playing with asus’s 5 way optimization both in the bios/uefi and in windows in their software now as for the bsod’s today im not sure at all what is causing it to bsod I did bring my windows install over from my old amd fx 8350 please help I am at a lose as to what to really do I did ad a ASUS external Blu-ray burner on Sunday (usb 3) the times of the bsod's are as follows 11:43am 11:54am 12:29pm 1:33pm then it didn't bsod for several hrs the next bsod is 4:02pm 4:37pm and the last one so far today is 5:40pm

:)

chrismitt2002, Dec 20, 2016

2. BSOD and random app crashes on new build

The 3 verified dmps were related to clipsp.sys which is part of the OS. If you did a clean install adding nothing (not even malware app) it may well be hardware related.

I would run the stress tests in this wiki

These are called BCC124 and are related to hardware. Read how to diagnose and hopefully to fix them in this
    wiki

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Dec 20, 2016
  3. BSOD and random app crashes on new build

I wiped the system and started over, at first it seemed like third time was the charm. Got BSOD at first boot after install, at first wifi-connection, and windows update. Seemed stable after those, began installing apps and setting up and then everything
    started crashing like before.

Got driver verifier going, 5 minidumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtuM7L0r_vJgceC9GyWFHNVipC8

Hope these reveal more info.

The system is stuck in BSOD/driver-verifier loop, can only access safe mode.

Tried refreshing the BIOS, still showing only one memory stick (dimm1); yet total ram includes both sticks. When I remove the stick in dimm 1 the BIOS displays dimm 1 as "unknown", not as empty. I'm thinking the motherboard might be faulty.

hanspetter.no, Dec 20, 2016
  4. Spectrum Win User

random crash on brand new build

To undo the overlock, go into your BIOS settings and reset everything to default. I'd also suggest updating the graphics driver for your GTX 1070, and installing the latest firmware for your motherboard.

If after doing those three things it is still crashing, run Driver Verifier to help pinpoint/exonerate the drivers on your system.

Spectrum, Dec 20, 2016
  5. (update) the computer has crashed 3 more times since i posted this 1 at 139 am and 1 at 730 and 1 at 912am i have used ddu to remove nvidia drivers and reinstalled using geforce experience also what is this Driver Verifier and how do i use it i will update the bios and post a new update

update #2 @ about 2pm today i updated my bios/uefi so far so good but again the bsod is very random so it could be 1 hr or 5 hrs before it bsod's again will update again latter 2day or tomorrow

update #3 i have reinstalled windows 10 pro and turned on xmp in the bios since doing that i and have yet to see a blue screen so at this time my thought is that bringing the OS from a AMD to intel was causing the bsod's

chrismitt2002, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

random crash on brand new build

1. random crash on brand new build - Similar Threads - random crash brand

2. Windows 11 crashing randomly on brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashing randomly on brand new laptop: Hello,I recently bought an HP Envy x360 AMD Ryzen 7 5700U laptop with Windows 11 and it keeps on randomly crashing when I am in the middle of doing school work. I have tried everything that is recommended for non tech savvy people, calling customer support from the place I...
  3. Windows 11 crashing randomly on brand new laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashing randomly on brand new laptop: Hello,I recently bought an HP Envy x360 AMD Ryzen 7 5700U laptop with Windows 11 and it keeps on randomly crashing when I am in the middle of doing school work. I have tried everything that is recommended for non tech savvy people, calling customer support from the place I...
  4. Brand New PC randomly crashes Minidump files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brand New PC randomly crashes Minidump files: I just bought this PC and it will randomly reboot or blue screen. Everything is updated and I already scanned my PC. Listed below is a link to my minidump file. If anyone could find out what the issue is, it would help a lot....
  5. Brand New PC randomly crashes Minidump files

Brand New PC randomly crashes Minidump files: I just bought this PC and it will randomly reboot or blue screen. Everything is updated and I already scanned my PC. Listed below is a link to my minidump file. If anyone could find out what the issue is, it would help a lot....
  6. Bsod on brand new build

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod on brand new build: Hi there Everybody i am experiencing alot of BSOD recently on my new build and i have basically read every single post on the internet and done everything there is to do without paying for some progam. My problem is i keep getting either "irql_not_less_or_equal" "Apc index...
  7. Bsod on brand new build

Bsod on brand new build: Hi there Everybody i am experiencing alot of BSOD recently on my new build and i have basically read every single post on the internet and done everything there is to do without paying for some progam. My problem is i keep getting either "irql_not_less_or_equal" "Apc index...
  8. Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand new ryzen 7 2700x build freezing randomly: Hello, I built a brand new PC about 3 weeks ago. From the beginning, I am getting random freezes / hang ups, where the mouse disappears, keyboard input / caps lock stops working. The entire system doesn't immediately stop working: Spotify will keep playing, videos on YouTube...
  9. New pc build random crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New pc build random crashes: Hey there, hoping to get some quick help with a new pc build for my son. For some reason it has random crashes/hangs and reboots from blue screen to bios. Which then cannot see the nvme drive until I physically hold case power button to shut down, then let it sit for a couple...
  10. New pc build random crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    New pc build random crashes: Hey there, hoping to get some quick help with a new pc build for my son. For some reason it has random crashes/hangs and reboots from blue screen to bios. Which then cannot see the nvme drive until I physically hold case power button to shut down, then let it sit for a couple...