Windows 10: Random crashes/freezes when playing games

Discus and support Random crashes/freezes when playing games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, about a year ago i had problems on my PC where sometimes during playing games i would get a vertically black and white striped screen and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kokicakokos, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Random crashes/freezes when playing games

Hello,

about a year ago i had problems on my PC where sometimes during playing games i would get a vertically black and white striped screen and the computer would restart (it happened when playing high requirement games mostly) . That has not happened in a long time but now a new problem occurred.

Two days ago i installed WoW and while i was playing it with my friend it froze a couple of times, like 3-5 times a day. I know very little about computers but i will tell you what i know. When it freezes the screen stay frozen for a 10-20 seconds then it says"DVI no signal", keyboard doesn't work while it is frozen, but Skype was working fine. Me and my friend continiued to communicate normally even though it was frozen. the freezing also happened in less requiring games like Hearthstone (however it never froze in Overwatch, don't know if that means anything).

I was hoping to find help here or if someone can tell me which programs to download for monitoring my PC and logging its behavior.

Thank You

p.s.- i also included a photo of the problem from a year ago if it helps

:)

kokicakokos, Aug 28, 2016

2. PC crashes randomly

I spent a few hours watching tv shows in high resolution without any trouble, however my screen still freezes when I try to play games. Not sure if this is related to the crashes I had, but I never had problems with these games before and the freezing started
    to occur at the same time as the crashing did.

I played for about an hour, computer didnt crash completely though, only the freezing screen.

uploaded the watchdog dmp files that the PC created after the errors, hope they help

windows

JennyM1998, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Windows 10 freezes when I play games.

Recently I have had problems with windows 10 freezing randomly. So far I have not had it freeze since while doing normal activities, however, it still freezes when I play games. Specificly Minecraft. And this problem appears even more frequently when playing
    on the internet. Also minecraft crashes and gives crash reports (when the whole computer doesn't freeze). When I say freeze, I don't mean the game freezes, the whole computer freezes. Microsoft needs to fix this problem and take a look at the WHOLE windows
    10 software, because this is the 5th problem i've been faced with. If a microsoft official sees this, please take care of it. I bought a computer with windows 10 on it, so I cant go to previous windows. I am not happy with windows 10s performance.

The guy who needs an answer very badly, Aug 28, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Random crashes/freezes when playing games

Hello *Smile

The most recent crash dump file is from a while ago (beginning of August) so I doubt that it will relate to something that has just started to happen.

If you want to start some diagnostic tests the first one to try is the memtest86+ to test your 8GB of memory. This will require an overnight run to achieve the at least 8 passes that are required.

philc43, Aug 29, 2016
  5. I ran the memtest over night and after 9 passes there were no errors. Could you tell me what to do next or what to test now?

p.s. -i dont know if this means anything but i forgot to mention that when i shut down my computer even though it completely shuts down after a few seconds it turns back on and then i have to shut it down again (basically i have to shut it down twice)

kokicakokos, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random crashes/freezes when playing games

1. Random crashes/freezes when playing games - Similar Threads - Random crashes freezes

2. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  3. Random crashes when playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random crashes when playing games: My system seems to crash at random times when playing games. It usually happens within a few minutes of starting a game. I tried to monitor the temperatures of my GPU and CPU and neither seem to get high enough to cause this both are < 60C.I tried updating all drivers, clean...
  4. PC crashes or freezing while playing games or when using randomly.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes or freezing while playing games or when using randomly.: Hello, i have issue with my Windows 10. I had been facing this issue for almost 2 months where my PC crashes randomly when im using it. I had performed all the diagnostics test which preloaded in my PC which is HP, i never found a issue that cause this problem. I had also...
  5. Pc freezed randomly when playing game mostly then restarts

Pc freezed randomly when playing game mostly then restarts: Hello, I recently came accross a problem with my pc, it's a custom build and everything was fine until about a month ago, my pc would restart when I exited a game or it would restart when I played it. It freezes for like 10 seconds then restarts and takes forever to start up...
  6. Random computer crashes when playing game

Random computer crashes when playing game: Hey everyone, my computer has been randomly crashing when playing Kingdom Come Deliverance. It seems to happen more frequently lately happening about three times today. I have uploaded my .dmp file Even though it says date modified 10/2 and my MSinfo file. Any help/direction...
  7. Freeze then crash when playing games...

Freeze then crash when playing games...: Hi! I've just built myself a new pc, but everytime i game, the game freezes then crashes (for the most part to desktop without an error, but sometimes also dxgi-error and again with bsod). Anthem - BF V - Metro Exodus - Total War Three Kingdoms Most recently it just shut...
  8. PC crashes randomly when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes randomly when playing games.: I've had this problem now for about a month. Somedays it wont happen at all, others it will happen 4-5 times. When playing a game my pc will crash/freeze at random. I'm completely locked out. Mouse wont move, can't use keyboard. Computer is completely frozen and...
  9. Freezing when playing games

Freezing when playing games: Hi there, in the last few days when playing games (BFBC2, BF3 and Sticky Bomb), my computer has been freezing at various points (sometimes within a minute, sometimes after 2 hours), and on reboot i get BSOD sometimes with different error messages such as...
  10. Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer Freezes when playing games and when not playing games: I've been having this issue for nearly a year now (probably around 9 months). It started after my little sister made me get a virus by her trying to download something onto my laptop. I've since taken it to a reputable computer shop as well as followed instructions from other...