Windows 10: Random Crashes Whilst Using Steam - Help Needed!

Discus and support Random Crashes Whilst Using Steam - Help Needed! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Guys, So whenever I'm using Steam or anything related to it such as games I have random crashes. Everything just goes black then little message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CrimsonHunter68, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Random Crashes Whilst Using Steam - Help Needed!

Hi Guys, So whenever I'm using Steam or anything related to it such as games I have random crashes. Everything just goes black then little message saying Power Saving Mode Initiated (or something similar). It reboots and then about 20 minutes later it restarts the cycle. I have no idea what is causing them but it is very annoying as team has a glitch, where if Steam is interrupted randomly whilst writing things on a disk when the system reboots it doesn't recognize any games as being installed. Which is very annoying as I have to 'reinstall' the games even though they are quite clearly installed- this is tedious because the main reason I use my computer is to game on it. Anyway, any help with the crashes thing would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again, Fergus. *Biggrin

:)

CrimsonHunter68, Jul 8, 2016
  2. signal107 Win User

PC randomly blue screens

Hi,

I am hoping that this forums can help me fix my problem with random blue screens on my PC.

My PC will randomly blue screen whilst playing games on steam or origin it also will sometime crash when just browsing, however never when i am doing nothing on it. I am pretty sure it is not just overheating
    either. Putting links below of some crash reports http://postimg.org/image/4n49eafe3/ and http://postimg.org/image/ne1lapkkr/ any
    help is appreciated as i do not have any clue why it is continuing to crash.

Thank you!

signal107, Jul 8, 2016
  3. loglolol Win User
    Constant Crashing / BSOD

Hey. I've been having issues with my computer crashing or bluescreening. The time inbetween the crashes are random, and the messages in the BSOD's are seemingly random. If you need anything to help ID the problem, please let me know.

Thanks for your time

loglolol, Jul 8, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Random Crashes Whilst Using Steam - Help Needed!

Some problem with your Radeon driver it looks like. The one you have is dated Wed Nov 04 16:37:08 2015

Code: Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2 *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys *** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys *** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys[/quote] Your driver version is 15.201.1151.1008, 16.6.2 is available. Give it a try.

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.6.2 Release Notes

Ztruker, Jul 8, 2016
  5. OMG thats embarrassing the last thread i did that was the issue but i got a new monitor for free recently and to set it up i had to delete my drivers and i must of not re-downloaded them. Random Crashes Whilst Using  Steam - Help Needed! :p Derp! Thanks so much for your help *Biggrin

Thanks Again, Fergus

6. Nah that didn't work unfortunately but after checking the event logger i found that an 'Error 41 Kernal-Power' thing was the issue. After some light researching i found a solution on YouTube. Thanks For Your Help Anyway *Smile

Thanks Again, Fergus

7. Ztruker Win User
    What was the solution please? Provide link or just use your own words.

Ztruker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Random Crashes Whilst Using Steam - Help Needed!

1. Random Crashes Whilst Using Steam - Help Needed! - Similar Threads - Random Crashes Whilst

2. Need Help with random Crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need Help with random Crashes: Hi,For the few years of owning my Dell computer I keep getting random crashes. I have spent many hours throughout the years, but my basic procedures that have worked in the past on other computers are not getting me to an answer. In Googling some of the EventData I found that...
  3. Need Help with random Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help with random Crashes: Hi,For the few years of owning my Dell computer I keep getting random crashes. I have spent many hours throughout the years, but my basic procedures that have worked in the past on other computers are not getting me to an answer. In Googling some of the EventData I found that...
  4. Need Help with random Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random Crashes. I need help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Crashes. I need help.: So my PC has been randomly crashing for a month now. I had this issue back in November when i built it. But i changed my ram and it got fixed for a good 2 Months. Since mid January however the Problems started again. I don't know what else to do. Ive swapped the SSD and the...
  6. Random Crashes. I need help.

Random Crashes. I need help.: So my PC has been randomly crashing for a month now. I had this issue back in November when i built it. But i changed my ram and it got fixed for a good 2 Months. Since mid January however the Problems started again. I don't know what else to do. Ive swapped the SSD and the...
  7. Random Crashes. I need help.

8. Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch: I don't know how to fix this issue, I've tried so many things.My computer screen will go blank previously would go a colour usually pink or yellow, fans would go full speed and I'd have to hard power down the PC to get it working again. Previously the audio would wig out too...
  9. Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch

Computer crashes randomly whilst playing Overwatch: I don't know how to fix this issue, I've tried so many things.My computer screen will go blank previously would go a colour usually pink or yellow, fans would go full speed and I'd have to hard power down the PC to get it working again. Previously the audio would wig out too...
  10. Need help reading Steam crash dump and trace

Need help reading Steam crash dump and trace: While playing a game, my application almost always crashes 10-15 mins into the game. This is a new occurence and I've tried my best to try to diagnose it. I have updated my display drivers, run chkdisk and sfc /scannow, reset my pc (to rule out malware) and it still crashes....