Windows 10: Random Crashing to black screen, only Task Manager will Display

Discus and support Random Crashing to black screen, only Task Manager will Display in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Windows 10 pc randomly (but getting more frequent....hours, 10' of minutes) keeps crashing back to a black screen. My only action that seems to work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by mpeill, Mar 24, 2018.

1. mpeill Win User

Random Crashing to black screen, only Task Manager will Display

My Windows 10 pc randomly (but getting more frequent....hours, 10' of minutes) keeps crashing back to a black screen. My only action that seems to work is Ctrl/Alt/Del into task manager, where nothing seems to be running at a high load. Rebooting is the only action that clears the fault....until next time.
    I've attached the resulting zip file from the utility "log collector v2-beta08"
    This set of files was created after the next reboot from a typical crash.
    Any help would be much appreciated......

:)

mpeill, Mar 24, 2018

2. Black screen cause by the driver in Windows 10.

I updaded the driver , strange thing when i tried this before my driver crashed it said it was up to date. Now it's better still a black screen for like 5-10 seconds that was not there before Random Crashing to black screen, only Task Manager will Display :D (also someties it does not happen)

1 didn't tried in safe mode.

2 after the driver update there was no random black screen but i used it only a little , yes there were random black screen , like i was writing for 10 minutes in a word and got a black screen suddenly.

RaresBrezeanu, Mar 24, 2018
  3. Black Screen after update window 10 from window 8

I have LENOVO laptop, i did that procedure as mentioned below it is not working yet, please share solution.

"

Unplug all external devices and restart the computer to check if you are able to get to the desktop screen.

The black screen issue could be related to display drivers and might get resolved by updating the display drivers. Without the correct driver, the hardware or device that you want to use won't work properly.

If the mouse cursor works fine then press Ctrl + Alt + Del to bring up the Task Manager. You can also use Ctrl + Shift + Esc key to bring up the Task Manager. Once this window is open, click File and select “run new task”. Type “explorer.exe”
    and hit ok. This should bring up the Desktop screen with the taskbar.

This is to inform you my laptop after this is on same black screen condition, he is not showing me desktop only showing me black screen?

Khawar Iqbal, Mar 24, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

When it happens again in task manager start a new task and run explorer does the desktop load? It's likely that your disk is corrupted due to crash run a full Check disk

Samuria, Mar 24, 2018
  5. mpeill Win User
    I tried restarting explorer from task manager, and also starting a new task “explorer” but in both cases the desktop remains blank (but task manager stays open)

mpeill, Mar 24, 2018
  6. philc43 Win User
    I can see that audacity.exe is causing some problems. Is this something you can disable or uninstall to see if it makes a difference?

The following series of events occurred which resulted in explorer being terminated:

Code: Event[10514]: Log Name: Application Source: Application Hang Date: 2018-03-25T14:23:52.629 Event ID: 1002 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: Info Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: PaulinesComp Description: The program audacity.exe version 2.1.3.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel. Process ID: 2728 Start Time: 01d3c43c344c045a Termination Time: 33 Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Audacity\audacity.exe Report Id: 8655d8c0-1d72-4bec-9597-d0b9a0ea6f7f Faulting package full name: Faulting package-relative application ID: Event[10515]: Log Name: Application Source: Windows Error Reporting Date: 2018-03-25T14:23:52.949 Event ID: 1001 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: PaulinesComp Description: Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: AppHangXProcB1 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: audacity.exe P2: 2.1.3.0 P3: 58c00f33 P4: 6bf7 P5: 134217856 P6: svchost.exe:AudioClientRpc P7: 0.0.0.0 P8: P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5332.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5345.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER53B4.tmp.txt \\?\C:\Users\pauli\AppData\Local\Temp\WER5F0A.tmp.appcompat.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppHang_audacity.exe_1c93b317fd9f579e9ec16ed9f1bd438244cc85d_ac9159d3_211f84a2 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: 8655d8c0-1d72-4bec-9597-d0b9a0ea6f7f Report Status: 97 Hashed bucket: Event[10516]: Log Name: Application Source: ESENT Date: 2018-03-25T14:24:04.380 Event ID: 916 Task: General Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: PaulinesComp Description: SettingSyncHost (10692,G,0) The beta feature EseDiskFlushConsistency is enabled in ESENT due to the beta site mode settings 0x800000. Event[10517]: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winsrv Date: 2018-03-25T14:24:14.977 Event ID: 10002 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: PaulinesComp Description: The following application was terminated because it stopped responding: mep.exe. Event[10518]: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Winsrv Date: 2018-03-25T14:24:20.004 Event ID: 10002 Task: N/A Level: Information Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: PaulinesComp Description: The following application was terminated because it stopped responding: explorer.exe.[/quote]

philc43, Mar 24, 2018
  7. mpeill Win User
    Interesting. Checking in control panel programs, it seems I have two verions of Audacity installed. I uninstalled one, but on trying to uninstall the second, windows couldn’t find the uninstall exe. I assume that went with the first uninstall. The best I could do was delete the Audacity folder in programs(86). I’ve then dowloaded and installed the one latest version of Audacity. There’s now just one version showing in my programs list, and it does open and run.......so.....time will tell. Thanks. Let’s see what happens over the next day or two.

mpeill, Mar 24, 2018
  8. mpeill Win User

Hasn’t fixed it. trying to open Audacity this morning. The smallish Audacity splash window shows, but goes no further, just hangs there. Also, trying to double click open any audio mp3 file brings up the Groove splash screen, but this equally goes no further, just hangs. Haven’t had the typical black screen yet.

mpeill, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random Crashing to black screen, only Task Manager will Display - Similar Threads - Random Crashing black

2. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  3. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Black Screen Crashes: Hi all!I've been having issues where my screen randomly goes black and my PC crashes. Sometimes I can still hear audio in the background and sometimes it's a full on crash. Things I've tried:1. Updated all drivers2. Underclocked GPU3. Set GPU to Max performance from Nvidia...
  4. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  5. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random black screen crashes: For almost a year now I've been having crashes with no discernible source, seemingly at random. I could be browsing the internet, playing a game, or literally doing nothing. Sometimes I've had my computer crash after a restart before I can even open a program. When it first...
  6. Random black screen crashes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Explorer crashing when launching with CMD and Task Manager + Black Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing when launching with CMD and Task Manager + Black Screen: I'm on a black screen.I've opened Task Manager, executed Explorer, it's nothing.I opened Services then executed explorer again, it launches then crashes.Help !!...
  8. Random Black Screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random Black Screen Crashes: My computer will randomly crash to a black screen, continue audio for a little bit, then nothing. This usually occurs when streaming video, but occasionally occurs when browsing or doing something else. However, it has never crashed while playing a video game. I've tried the...
  9. Screen flickering black but task manager is not

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen flickering black but task manager is not: Before logging onto my account on my laptop there is no flickering or any issues. However once logged in the screen flashes black every 10 sec seconds or so and my laptop is unusable. The taskbar/any application is unresponsive except for task manager. Through here I was able...
  10. Windows black screen no task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows black screen no task manager: I was on my laptop and i logged out when i logged in i got a black screen with a cursor i tried to open the task manager but it didn't open i tried pressing Ctrl alt del but it didnt work i inserted a bootable flash and tried resetting it didn't i tried every possible...