Windows 10: Random crashing to every kind of colour screen

Discus and support Random crashing to every kind of colour screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi guys I'm in desperate need of help! I recently got a new GPU and after I installed it everything was fine for a few days and then my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamMaskery, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Random crashing to every kind of colour screen

Hi guys I'm in desperate need of help!

I recently got a new GPU and after I installed it everything was fine for a few days and then my system stability went down the loo when gaming. Now when I launch a game it is only a matter of time until I soft crash to a random block colour screen (so far white,blue,red,pink,yellow and I think green). It mostly happens in just one game but I have had it happen on occasion in others including a bench marking utility. The timing doesn't seem to be a factor some times its during the launch of the game some times I can go 10 minutes or so before that crash but so far it seems to have crashed a good 95% of the time. looking at my error logs in windows it doesn't recognize it as a crash every time but it has recognized it a few time as a hardware fault.(I would include a screen shot but I cant remember how to find it) I have managed to find these in the Event Viewer

- The program ShellExperienceHost.exe version 10.0.17134.1 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 202c
    Start Time: 01d41f72ff6e2232
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: C:\Windows\SystemApps\ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\ShellExperienceHost.exe
    Report Id: aacd336d-6780-45e1-afa9-b7aaad5a17ba
    Faulting package full name: Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.17134.112_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
    Faulting package-relative application ID: App

- taskhostw (7048,D,0) WebCacheLocal: A request to write to the file "C:\Users\Sam\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WebCache\V01.log" at offset 212992 (0x0000000000034000) for 16384 (0x00004000) bytes succeeded, but took an abnormally long time (25 seconds) to be serviced by the OS. This problem is likely due to faulty hardware. Please contact your hardware vendor for further assistance diagnosing the problem.

- Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.17134.1, time stamp: 0xf5178e97

Faulting module name: dwmcore.dll, version: 10.0.17134.137, time stamp: 0x2ba8c5ae
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x00000000000c53c7
    Faulting process id: 0x470
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d41ad105b741b6
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwm.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\dwmcore.dll
    Report Id: 6ac18f24-af81-4ce9-b1ff-24094f327d9e
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

I don't know if these are of any use but I think that they are. My PC isn't logging the crash in the Minidump so I cant find those crash reports.

I'm running

- windows 10

- AMD 8350

- Asus Sabertooth

- Asus GTX 980 STRIX

- Corsair CX 550M

- 8GB Kingston hyperx RAM

- 4 GB Corsair RAM

I'm also running the latest drivers. I've tried rolling back the drivers I can only go back one as like I said its a new GPU so I don't have the drivers pre-installed for it.

I've run memtest and that all came back positive so I'm truly stumped.

I hope you have some kind of ideas

Thanks for your help

:)

SamMaskery, Jul 20, 2018

2. Random crashes, one screen turns geen with lines, the other white

I've been getting random crashes on my desktop (it's the system listed as sexy vanilla freshness in my specs). The crashes only seem to be when I've been running a program that is not super heavy load, for an extended period of time (Like a skype call, or minecraft). I thought it was my videocard, so I decided to reset the overclock, and update the drivers, and this has not helped. However when I did upgrade the drivers the colours that are displayed on my screen when it crashes has changed, it used to look like this, and now looks like this. has anyone had any experience with this? If so how have you solved this?

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jul 20, 2018
  3. vinsterX Win User
    Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

• If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    • If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Jul 20, 2018
  4. Random crashing to every kind of colour screen

Random crashes, one screen turns geen with lines, the other white

I would try doing a clean installation of the drivers. A deep cleaning if you will. I would also reset ALL my OC to default and see how it goes after that. I would definitely think its your GPU. Also do you your iGPU disabled?

TheMailMan78, Jul 20, 2018
Thema:

Random crashing to every kind of colour screen

1. Random crashing to every kind of colour screen - Similar Threads - Random crashing every

2. my pc randomly crashes while playing games with an random coloured screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc randomly crashes while playing games with an random coloured screen: Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff8004defb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 2057i found this in the view reliability history app my specs...
  3. my pc randomly crashes while playing games with an random coloured screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc randomly crashes while playing games with an random coloured screen: Problem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff8004defb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48Locale ID: 2057i found this in the view reliability history app my specs...
  4. my pc randomly crashes while playing games with an random coloured screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Screen turns X colour, and pc crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen turns X colour, and pc crashes: Hi,don't really know since when , but my screen turns X colour and then my PC stays like that until reboot . It can be multiple times in a row sometimes crash, reset, crash, reset, crash, reset, works normally. I don't really have that much more information about the issue ,...
  6. Windows screen randomly going one colour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows screen randomly going one colour: Hi,In the past few months I have run into a problem where my screen will randomly go the colour of whatever window is open. For example if im on onenote and my cursor is on the white page, it will go fully white. If i go to try access task manager it will go blue. To carry on...
  7. Windows screen randomly going one colour

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows screen randomly going one colour: Hi,In the past few months I have run into a problem where my screen will randomly go the colour of whatever window is open. For example if im on onenote and my cursor is on the white page, it will go fully white. If i go to try access task manager it will go blue. To carry on...
  8. Windows screen randomly going one colour

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. AMD driver timeout/random colour screen crashes and flickering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD driver timeout/random colour screen crashes and flickering: Hello, Recently I have been having this problem where whenever I load up a slightly graphically demanding software such as any game or in some cases YouTube I have been met with flickering on my screen of any colour which causes my game to crash with this random colour...
  10. Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Freezes into colourful screen then crashes: A couple months ago my computer started freezing maybe once a day. Ever since then they become more frequent and now it occurs almost every 30 minutes to an hour and its very frustrating. [IMG]The screen freezes and mismatched colours appear on rhe screen and then usually...