Windows 10: Random desktop photos

Discus and support Random desktop photos in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; One one PC, my desktop slide show has random backgrounds and photo 'frames' and looks very attractive. On my laptop, I can use the same folder for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by janey6, Sep 22, 2015.

1. janey6 Win User

Random desktop photos

One one PC, my desktop slide show has random backgrounds and photo 'frames' and looks very attractive. On my laptop, I can use the same folder for photos and each photo fits the screen but without the random backgrounds. I can't find a setting that is different. Both machines running Windows 10 Home.

:)

janey6, Sep 22, 2015

2. Image Store using PC Suite

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I took a random photo on my phone and used Image Store.

That photo was successfully added to my desktop, but it was the only one that was.

NiallASD---01, Sep 22, 2015
  3. Use subfolders for background in Windows 10

I like the idea of changing my background once per day, and set the "Background" feature to do a random slideshow which uses the "Photos" folder, with the shuffle option checked. However, I keep nearly all of my photos in a number of subfolders in my "Photos"
    folder. I would like to have the background feature do a random slideshow using all of the photos in my "Photos" folder, INCLUDING all of the photos (about 99.9% of them) in the various subfolders, and not just the handful of photos in the top-level "Photos"
    folder. Can this be done? If not, then it needs to be updated, for it's a pretty useless feature as it is.

Thanks.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Desktop, Start, & personalization / General

EzraFreeman, Sep 22, 2015
Thema:

Random desktop photos

1. Random desktop photos - Similar Threads - Random desktop photos

2. Photos broken on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Photos broken on Desktop: Hello, I'm sure there's an easy fix for my issue, but can anyone tell me why all of my photos/screenshots on my desktop are broken? Thanks in advance! 183988
  3. Customizing desktop with a photo

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customizing desktop with a photo: Is there a way to adjust the position of your photo being used for desktop background? My photo is too big and tends to show a boring section of the picture. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!...
  4. Desktop and screensaver photos

Desktop and screensaver photos: I used to get a friendly note every morning telling me where the photo was taken and what it represented. This has now stopped. How can I get the facility back? Also can I get different changing photos every day for BOTH desktop and screensaver or just for the desktop? I am...
  5. random downloading photos

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    random downloading photos: So I have been having random pictures and icons downloaded onto my computer through the pictures app that comes with windows. All of these weird pictures are from things that i have seen but for some reason they have been just saved onto my pictures app. This problem has been...
  6. Removal of desktop photo

Removal of desktop photo: How to remove/change desktop photo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removal-of-desktop-photo/483ef490-e9cb-44d5-81cc-f21b37646ca8
  7. Not finding photos on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not finding photos on desktop: I used to be able click on photos on the New York Times, save them to my desktop, edit in Picassa 3 and then use them as puzzles in Microsoft Jigsaw. Now when I try to "create a puzzle from photos" the program goes to my desktop images does not find or display the NYT photos...
  8. Want more info on randomly appearing desktop photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Want more info on randomly appearing desktop photos: In my search for a forum addressing this, I only found people wanting to be rid of the pics. I don't want to get rid of them; I just want to know where the pics were taken. I cannot right click on them for info because they're in my locked screen. Once I unlock it with my...
  9. Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app on desktop shows photos in random order: I am aware how to sort images by date, date modified, name, size etc in folders. When I'm on desktop and I'm scrolling through the images, the images appear at random, not in the order in which they are placed. Technicians tried updating patches. resetting and a few other...
  10. desktop photo display

desktop photo display: I changed the photo for my desktop background. Now photo does not fill entire screen, I want it to cover entire desktop. Help, please. Sue https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/desktop-photo-display/3c0cb63b-38e9-42e5-95f4-034e5584fe74

Users found this page by searching for:

1. random slideshow when pc is idle win 10 wallpaper