Windows 10: Random Dots On Screen and Games Crashing

Discus and support Random Dots On Screen and Games Crashing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On my screen, randomly dots appear. It has to be something with windows 10 because if i make a screenshot of them, windows renders them as you can see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by merlade, Sep 10, 2017.

1. merlade Win User

Random Dots On Screen and Games Crashing

On my screen, randomly dots appear. It has to be something with windows 10 because if i make a screenshot of them, windows renders them as you can see below:https://imgur.com/a/00R6eEdit: another snapshot: http://imgur.com/a/eQ2ksThis is a snapshot of a snapshot of my desktop, since my desktop doesn't show weird pixels, but anything graphical (in this case: MS Paint) does. If i try to play full screen games, the screen is barely recognizable because of the amount of random bars, stripes and dots on the screen. Can anyone help me?I have a new GTX 1060 GPU, already removed and re-installed all drivers. Happens with any game i play. i7 2600k and Asus motherboard if that's relevant. It's not my screen, i tried 3 screens with 3 different cables. DVI/HDMI nothing works. It happened a few days ago, i was playing a game and it crashed, and ever since that game crashed all of the games are infected, and any graphical application (even the browser sometimes). I'm desperate!

:)

merlade, Sep 10, 2017
  2. royalnoob Win User

My computer crashes shortly after I launch a Game.

As a result it now still crashes in game but instead of random color splotches it crashes with a blackscreen.

royalnoob, Sep 10, 2017
  3. GrzelekPL Win User
    How can I fix my Forza Horizon 3 Standard Edition from crashing?

Same here, i5 4670 and game crash at random times.

GrzelekPL, Sep 10, 2017
  4. Random Dots On Screen and Games Crashing

Sounds like you ended up with a faulty card somehow. Are you able to return the card and have it exchanged? Dots, random bars and lines in the display are usually caused by a bad card.

ArazelEternal, Sep 10, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    You need to post your dump log and ask a mod to move this to the BSOD forum. Otherwise remove the current Device and driver in Device Manager for your GPU chip/card, get a can of air and blow all of the dust bunnies from all card rails, memory chips and reseat everything including cables. When you start back up, start with the recommended on one display and then move to each display and let them be given the recommended by Windows and keep it there. If no problems, then it was either dust or just a bad driver. If you are overclocking, along with changing the resolution, the system crashes, you know the culprit.

There is a online BSOD analyzer, along with Who Crashed, that you can download from majorgeeks.com.

bro67, Sep 10, 2017
  6. merlade Win User
    It does not happen to be a BSOD since my pc does not crash/turn off or whatsoever.

Also i need to inform you that the problem does not appear before windows has completely started, so it does NOT happen during the windows welcome screen and logoff screen, neither does it appear near my BIOS. It's either win10 or my GPU, but which one and what's causing it?

merlade, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random Dots On Screen and Games Crashing

1. Random Dots On Screen and Games Crashing - Similar Threads - Random Dots Screen

2. Random application crashes, game crashes, and memory blue screens.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random application crashes, game crashes, and memory blue screens.: Over the past 6 months I've had multiple games crash, applications crash, and blue screens with memory errors. The only thing is, I've had almost an entire new build in that time.CPU: i9-13900k MB: Asus Z790 Asus Maximus Hero Ram: G.Skill 6400Mhz CL36 32gb GPU: Asus Strix OC...
  3. Random application crashes, game crashes, and memory blue screens.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random application crashes, game crashes, and memory blue screens.: Over the past 6 months I've had multiple games crash, applications crash, and blue screens with memory errors. The only thing is, I've had almost an entire new build in that time.CPU: i9-13900k MB: Asus Z790 Asus Maximus Hero Ram: G.Skill 6400Mhz CL36 32gb GPU: Asus Strix OC...
  4. random game crashes and blue screens

in Windows 10 Gaming
    random game crashes and blue screens: i went to the event viewer and saw this error :The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061941, 0x0000022850e651ec, 0x000000000000000d, 0xffff9189f150f3c0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  5. random game crashes and blue screens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    random game crashes and blue screens: i went to the event viewer and saw this error :The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001a 0x0000000000061941, 0x0000022850e651ec, 0x000000000000000d, 0xffff9189f150f3c0. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  6. random game crashes and blue screens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Random Black Screen Crash during gaming

Random Black Screen Crash during gaming: Hi, Occasionally and seemingly at random my PC crashes whilst gaming. What happens is my screen goes black, the GPU fans spin up like crazy very noisy and I seemingly can't do anything to get out of it except hold the power button to hard turn off the PC. Usually I can still...
  8. Random Game crashes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Game crashes: I am having random crashes of games on my laptop while playing on chargingIt usually crashes within 10-15 minutes.The game runs on my integrated intel graphics cardWhen I disabled amd driver in device manager and played but not on my radeon graphics card. I have reinstalled...
  9. Constant, Random Blue Screens of Death, Games Crashing Randomly

Constant, Random Blue Screens of Death, Games Crashing Randomly: Hi Guys, I just built my PC this summer (August 2019) and have been constantly experiencing BSODs and have looked all over the internet for a solution and could not find any. Thus, here I am! Ever since I build my PC I have had this issue. To be honest, I am not much of a...
  10. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Gaming and Random Crashes.: Hi, After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game,...