Windows 10: Random DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Discus and support Random DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; PC was running while asleep. On Chrome homepage. Woke up the above BSOD (without culprit file listed). Please find attached the debugging files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brouhahaha, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Random DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

PC was running while asleep. On Chrome homepage. Woke up the above BSOD (without culprit file listed).
    Please find attached the debugging files.

In the meantime, I have DDU my graphics driver and done a clean install.

I have been experiencing random sound & video stuttering since the Windows Creators update, but it never results in a BSOD and is a widely reported issue with Windows & the GTX 1080ti card.

:)

brouhahaha, Dec 29, 2017

2. Windows 10 Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal or Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area BSOD after update

I've purchased my ASUS with Windows 10 a month ago.

It was working fine up until about a week ago but after installing the latest Windows update I started experiencing BSODs with either Driver_irql_not_less_or_equal or Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area message at random times. Below is the link to my dump files.

101316-7625-01.zip

Any help is appreciated, TIA.

VladyslavPastushenko, Dec 29, 2017
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (FocusriteUSBwRoot.sys)

Since I added a new audio/midi-interface, Focusrite Scarlett 2i4, to my Samsung laptop with Windows 10 I regularly get bluescreens with the error:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (FocusriteUSBwRoot.sys)

I have all the latest drivers installed, the Focusrite Scarlett works fine as it should in between the crashes. The crashes appear seamingly at random moments, not with specific actions.

What's going on here and how to solve this? Any help appreciated!

ErikVerkoyen, Dec 29, 2017
  4. lifetec Win User

Random DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Are you overclocking your GPU, because in the dumpfile this procesname is named MSIafterburner.

lifetec, Dec 29, 2017
  5. Hello, no I am not overclocking the GPU. Just checked Afterburner again, reset it (was not OC'd). I could uninstall it. I use it simply to check temps.

brouhahaha, Dec 29, 2017
  6. Worth updating both your graphics and network drivers pal *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 29, 2017
  7. I just updated the graphics driver using DDU thing. Will look into the network drivers.

brouhahaha, Dec 29, 2017
  8. Random DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Its best to update direct from Manufacture and not using any programs to assist.

I always remove all nvidia programs and reinstall from Nvidia direct *Smile

kingtez1984, Dec 29, 2017
  9. Ztruker Win User
    DDU is our normal method of removing all parts of your graphics driver. Using it is a good thing.

Ztruker, Dec 29, 2017
  10. Yep. After removing all traces of the previous driver, I obviously have the current driver from Nvidia to install after.

I am curious about what lifetec mentioned about MSIAfterburner from the debugging files. Could it be that it has kept an OC profile from a previous graphics card? Anyhow, I have reinstalled it and set it to defaults.

brouhahaha, Dec 29, 2017
  11. zbook New Member
    1) Check the BIOS for an upgrade:
    BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. F7f, 18/01/2016 SMBIOS Version 2.8
    to F22f 2017/12/01
    GA-Z170X-Gaming G1 (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.

2) Open control panel > large or small icons > troubleshooting > on the left pane click view all > run these troubleshooters:
    a) hardware and devices
    b) playing audio
    c) video playback
    Post into the thread any troubleshooters where there were fixes or items unable to be fixed.

zbook, Dec 30, 2017
  12. Hello, I flashed the bios, and now I keep getting WHEA errors on my 4.5GHz OC. In fact, I can't even get 4.GHz anymore, constant Bsods. Can I revert back to the older bios?

brouhahaha, Dec 30, 2017
  13. zbook New Member

zbook, Dec 30, 2017
  14. Will do in a bit. I think I may have solved the BSODs since doing the bios update (which I should have researched because a lot of people have been reporting that they do not like the latest update, and Gigabyte say you can't revert back to older bios's after 20...). Reverting back to optimal settings and a cmos reset seems to have allowed me to run 4.5MHz again.

See attached debugging files.

brouhahaha, Dec 30, 2017
  15. Hello Zbook, thanks for going over the debugging files. I ran DISM earlier today. Will run SFC. I downloaded the driver from Nvidia. I changed my card from a GTX 980ti to a 1080ti in December but failed to use DDU. I am quite familiar with DDU, as well as performing clean graphics driver installs without all the 3D, Nvidia experience guff.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.16299.125]
    (c) 2017 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>chkdsk /scan
    The type of the file system is NTFS.
    Volume label is Windows 10.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
    510464 file records processed.
    File verification completed.
    6906 large file records processed.
    0 bad file records processed.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
    775 reparse records processed.
    601874 index entries processed.
    Index verification completed.
    0 unindexed files scanned.
    0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
    775 reparse records processed.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
    Security descriptor verification completed.
    45706 data files processed.
    CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
    38502616 USN bytes processed.
    Usn Journal verification completed.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
    No further action is required.

780830719 KB total disk space.
    575063268 KB in 247381 files.
    168172 KB in 45707 indexes.
    0 KB in bad sectors.
    643535 KB in use by the system.
    65536 KB occupied by the log file.
    204955744 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
    195207679 total allocation units on disk.
    51238936 allocation units available on disk.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

brouhahaha, Dec 30, 2017
Thema:

1. Random DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Similar Threads - Random DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

2. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  3. Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSODs: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I'm getting 'random' 90% of the time DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bluescreens with occasional SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA for the past 4 or 5 months. I've tried a lot of things including contacting Microsoft Support which did or had me do a...
  4. Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal -dumpfile attached

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal -dumpfile attached: I have been having crashes due to driver_irql_not_less_or_equal for over 2 months now, I do not know why and all the fixes I’ve tried have failed.In fact, my computer has crashed 4 times while writing this, the last 2 times didn’t even give me a BSOD, the screen just went...
  5. Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal -dumpfile attached

Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal -dumpfile attached: I have been having crashes due to driver_irql_not_less_or_equal for over 2 months now, I do not know why and all the fixes I’ve tried have failed.In fact, my computer has crashed 4 times while writing this, the last 2 times didn’t even give me a BSOD, the screen just went...
  6. Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal urgent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal urgent: I have been having crashes due to driver_irql_not_less_or_equal for over 2 months now, I do not know why and all the fixes I’ve tried have failed.In fact, my computer has crashed 4 times while writing this, the last 2 times didn’t even give me a BSOD, the screen just went...
  7. Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal urgent

Random crashes driver_irql_not_less_or_equal urgent: I have been having crashes due to driver_irql_not_less_or_equal for over 2 months now, I do not know why and all the fixes I’ve tried have failed.In fact, my computer has crashed 4 times while writing this, the last 2 times didn’t even give me a BSOD, the screen just went...
  8. BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe random crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe random crash: The information of my pc and minidump files are in the below link. It crashed many times when I use my PC recently, and it seemed to be random crash. https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah8w-_SwduI3pj01ne_xH6wvdzFd?e=Psl4iE...
  9. Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Random BSODs and freezing, most commonly DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL: I've been getting BSODs and a lot of freezing recently and it's been getting more and more frequent. They can happen at any time such as when I'm gaming or when I'm just browsing the internet. The freezing definitely seems to be related because it's been getting worse as the...
  10. BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe - various - random reason - HELP

BSoD - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe - various - random reason - HELP: Hi there, I'm having a lot of crashes lately with my PC, but I can't narrow down the reason, it seems like that they are happening completely random, but it never happened while running an application or game yet, just during regular browsing with different browsers open....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. focusriteusbwroot