Windows 10: Random faults, mostly when running multiple applications

Discus and support Random faults, mostly when running multiple applications in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a dual monitor setup, so often I'll be gaming on one and watching videos or reading something on the other. The faults, which are almost never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kirsch, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Kirsch Win User

Random faults, mostly when running multiple applications

I have a dual monitor setup, so often I'll be gaming on one and watching videos or reading something on the other. The faults, which are almost never the same, only seem to occur when I'm playing some sort of game and have Firefox open. The specific game doesn't seems to matter, it's happened on Steam games, Battlenet games.

I've checked for malware, cleaned out temporary files, checked for driver updates, ran system file checker, checked for hard drive corruption, and checked for RAM corruption, nothing came back with issues and nothing seemed to fix the problem.

:)

Kirsch, Aug 2, 2015
  2. C-aLica Win User

random Freezing leads to BSOD. I give up.

Stop code is random.

like CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED, BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO, DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION..

I've got multiple BSOD and the stop code is that random.

right now after multiple debugging the issue, I hypothetically assume it's my nvme fault.

I've ordered a new nvme drive and gonna retest the system if this will works.

C-aLica, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Multiple Random BSOD mostly caused by ntoskrnl.exe+14a6f0

What is your computer make and model? If not a branded computer what is your motherboard make and model?

Please download and run Driver View and upload a copy of the report it produces to your OneDrive. To get a report on all drivers select Edit, Select All followed by File, Save Selected Items. Text file format please, HTML files are less easy
    to work with.

DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List

Please provide a copy of your System Information file. To access your System Information file select the keyboard shortcut
    Win+R, type msinfo32 and press the ENTER
    key. Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located.
    Files in the txt file format are preferred. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information
    is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload the file to your OneDrive, share with everyone and post a link here.

For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

gerrys template

Gerry C J Cornell, Aug 2, 2015
  4. tglavas Win User

Is your firefox up-to-date?
    How many memory modules do you have inserted in your system? How many RAM?
    Check your BIOS settings for video settings.

tglavas, Aug 2, 2015
  5. Kirsch Win User
    Firefox is up to date. I've got four 8GB sticks of G.Skill RAM. The video settings in my BIOS are set for my PCI graphics card. I've got an MSI 390X powering two 1440p monitors.

I've had some issues with the Killer Network Manager in the past when using 8.1, I just updated it to the newest version so I'll see if that helps any of my problems.

Kirsch, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random faults, mostly when running multiple applications - Similar Threads - Random faults mostly

2. Faulting module/application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulting module/application: Hello, Recently I've been crashing a lot a couple games and i get either of these messages in Event Viewer.Faulting application name: SonsOfTheForest.exe, version: 2022.2.3.21277, time stamp: 0x63c9b8dbFaulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp:...
  3. Faulting application errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulting application errors: Faulting application name: GIFAnimator.exe, version: 1.0.0.101I'm getting Microsoft GIF Animator crashing every time I click the Image tab in the application.If anyone knows why this is happening please let me know. THANK YOU.In the meantime, I'm doing a system restore back...
  4. Multiple faulting application path errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple faulting application path errors: hello, I have had multiple games give me a faulting application path error that results in an app crash that sends me straight to my homescreen. I have done 2 full system resets one with and one without saving my information for the future. I have deleted Norton in favor of...
  5. Multiple faulting application path errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple faulting application path errors: hello, I have had multiple games give me a faulting application path error that results in an app crash that sends me straight to my homescreen. I have done 2 full system resets one with and one without saving my information for the future. I have deleted Norton in favor of...
  6. Multiple faulting application path errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. windows randomly crashes when running fullscreen applications

windows randomly crashes when running fullscreen applications: i have no clue and have tried to look up each crash seperatly but have not found any answers please help ,dump files = https://1drv.ms/u/s!Avo6PmUFhaNApGEW6O2M2ZoU-TCd?e=019De4...
  8. Application Fault in Explorer

Application Fault in Explorer: Not sure what I did but I'm getting an Application Fault from Explorer every other time Windows boots. The error causes all UI elements to stop working and no program will start. Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.21313.1000, time stamp: 0xe2e1d228...
  9. Random BSOD, Mostly When IDLE

Random BSOD, Mostly When IDLE: Hi there, I frequently get BSOD with the error code IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL In event viewer I can see the critical error Kernel 41 (63) I have uploaded the system info and memory.dmp to onedrive, here's the link:...
  10. Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer

Faulting application name: bad_module_info when trying to run exe installer: Hello, I am using windows 10 with Kaspersky installed on it. Whenever I am trying to run any installer, the exe doesn't load and I receive the following event in event logger: Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting...