Windows 10: Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset

Discus and support Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I recently assembles a PC. it was working fine until past few days where it goes into a freeze. I have no other option than to perform a hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IrfanIntekhab, Aug 6, 2018.

1. Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset

Hi, I recently assembles a PC. it was working fine until past few days where it goes into a freeze. I have no other option than to perform a hard reset. As nothing works. Everything just freezes.

Past week I am continuously on support calls where they perform sfc scans, delete temporary files and all the basic troubleshootings. close the call and it freezes again.

There is nothing specific that triggers the freeze. I dont remember installing any software. I did although install an additional PC Case fan.

This is my main computer and I am not able to work.

Please help someone Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset :(

:)

IrfanIntekhab, Aug 6, 2018
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

TIGR, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Computer Hard Freezes Randomly - No Error logs or Memory dumps

I posted on Sevenforums a few days ago regarding this issue:
    I was suggested to check for temps (all were normal) and perform a clean install of Windows 10 (I had upgraded from Windows 7). I had another hard freeze today similar to the ones I was having before. The issue is back and I'm unsure of what to do next. Is this no longer a software issue if reinstalling the OS was unsuccessful?

Thanks for your time!

PayneTrain, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset

Random freezes or shut downs

Hrrmmmm... but wouldnt formatting and reinstalling windows fix the issue since the virus/trojan/spyware isnt on the system any longer?

forumsviewer, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset

1. Random freeze, no option but to perform a hard reset - Similar Threads - Random freeze option

2. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  3. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset: Good evening,This is related to an issue that's been driving me crazy the last months. Especially while playing, my computer freezes completely. I can still hear audio i.e. from Discord, but no one can hear me. I am unable to do anything as all commands stop responding and I...
  4. Computer keeps freezing randomly / need to hard reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  6. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.: I am having completely random freezes to my desktop. The screen will freeze in place, sound cuts from speakers, and it requires a hard restart in order to end it. What could be the causes, and how to fix it.PC Specs:i7 4790Asrock H81m HDS 1150Kingston Fury HyperX 16GB...
  7. Computer freezes randomly, no sound, hard reset required.

8. At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset: System: Dell Inspiron 3580Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPUInstalled RAM 16GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor This issue started around June 2022.I was running Windows 10 Pro and my system would randomly begin to...
  9. At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset

At a loss – laptop randomly freezes and needs a hard reset: System: Dell Inspiron 3580Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8565U CPUInstalled RAM 16GBSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor This issue started around June 2022.I was running Windows 10 Pro and my system would randomly begin to...
  10. Random freezing / have to hard reset.

Random freezing / have to hard reset.: Hello, My Windows randomly keeps freezing up on me. I have read multiple threads on this forum but none of the solutions helped me. I've tried switching HDD's, reinstalling Windows 10. Tested my ram with Memtest for 8 hours, no issues. Tested HDD's no bad sectors found....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc randomly freeze no reset working only hard shutdown

2. freeze can only perform hard reset