Windows 10: Random freezes and BSOD crashes with code MEMORY MANAGEMENT

Discus and support Random freezes and BSOD crashes with code MEMORY MANAGEMENT in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has lately been suffering from random hard-freezes without any error messages or logs (I have to force-shutdown) But in between those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sonar637, May 13, 2017.

1. Sonar637 Win User

Random freezes and BSOD crashes with code MEMORY MANAGEMENT

My laptop has lately been suffering from random hard-freezes without any error messages or logs (I have to force-shutdown)

But in between those freezes, it has given me 2 BSOD's before, both having the code MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I did find a minidump file from the latest one only. (Both this and the necessary DM Log I have attached)

Lenovo has in the preceded months given multiple driver updates specifically for this notebook, but it did not resolve anything, in fact the freezes have been more common.

MEMORY MANAGEMENT has something to do with RAM I see, but running sfc /scannow or Windows' built-in mdsched.exe RAM checker reported no flaws so far.

Thank you in advance!

:)

Sonar637, May 13, 2017

2. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL random crashes and freezes

Yes, if no BSODs persist, no need to do anything.

Sometimes(3 out of 5), reinstalling the drivers does not remove the corrupt driver which can cause the crash again. That is why I recommend removing the existing driver completely do be sure of. However, if you have reinstalled it and it works OK, no further
    action is required until BSOD appears which hopefully should not be.

Sumit Dhiman2, May 13, 2017
  3. BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL random crashes and freezes

As per your minidump, the error is caused by bwcW10X64.sys which is a driver for network card. Do following -

Option 1: Update Network adapter driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Network Adapter

Right click on your network adapter

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 2: Update driver from manufacturer's website

Go to the website of the network adapter's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 3: Rollback the Driver

Windows Key+X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network Adapter

Click Properties

Go to Driver tab

If there is rollback option, click it

Reboot your computer

Option 4: Uninstall the Driver

Windows Key+X

Click Device Manager

Expand Network Adapter

Click Uninstall

Reboot your computer

E for Excel, May 13, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

Analysing the dump files is almost impossible at the moment due to problems on Microsoft's servers. In the meantime, please fill in your system specs and if you suspect memory problems run the diagnostic below:

Random freezes and BSOD crashes with code MEMORY MANAGEMENT [​IMG]
    Diagnostic Test
    RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 complete passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

Make a photo of the result and post it.

Addition:
    If errors show up you can stop the test, remove all sticks but 1 and test this single stick in each slot for 8 passes or until errors show, switch sticks and repeat.

philc43, May 14, 2017
  5. Sonar637 Win User
    Sonar637, May 14, 2017
  6. javadth1 Win User
    hi about memory management we have both same problem

try to use this version of memtest : MemTest86 - Offical Site of the x86 Memory Testing Tool

javadth1, May 14, 2017
  7. philc43 Win User
    The procedure is correct, you need to set to Other OS so that the system will allow you to boot from the USB. Loading the default settings should simply ensure that all the other settings are optimised.

After this you should be able to select the USB stick from the boot menu.

philc43, May 14, 2017
  8. Sonar637 Win User

Ok, I managed to get it working.
    It performed 9 tests on the sole 8 GB RAM slot I have. 9 passes, no errors. So RAM is not faulty after all..

So, what is the next step in investigating the BSODs and random freezes?

Sonar637, May 16, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    As mentioned in my earlier post there is a problem that is preventing us using the WinDBG tool for BSOD analysis. All I can suggest is you provide as much info about your system as possible in case it triggers any ideas.

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums

philc43, May 16, 2017
  10. Sonar637 Win User
    Doesn't tenforums have a .zip file that contained a program which collects system specs? Because there is not exactly much to tell about a Notebook specific specs (namely its PSU or keyboard et cetera), other than it's a Lenovo Z50-70 (which is also the name of the motherboard obviously), running on Win10 64-bit (version 1703) with built-in hardware:

CPU: Intel i7-4510U @ 2.00 GHz
    GPU: Hybrid of Intel HD Graphics and NVIDIA GeForce 840M 1920x1080
    SoundCard: Connexant HD Audio
    BIOS: UEFI (Lenovo's firmware version 0.91)

Driver versions are all the latest that Lenovo has offered for this notebook, found here:
    pcsupport.lenovo.com/products/laptops-and-netbooks/lenovo-z-series-laptops/lenovo-z50-70
    Drivers & software tab, Windows 10 64-bit versions.

Sonar637, May 16, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    But having your specs filled in on the My Computer section that shows up on all your posts means that we do not have to go back to the log file everytime to look up what your system is. It just makes our task a little easier, we are all volunteers and anything that saves us time is helpful.

philc43, May 16, 2017
  12. Sonar637 Win User
    Very well, I have filled in all the specs I could. (Sorry for the delay)

Sonar637, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random freezes and BSOD crashes with code MEMORY MANAGEMENT - Similar Threads - Random freezes BSOD

2. Random BSOD - Memory Management Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random BSOD - Memory Management Error: I'm keep getting this BSOD sometimes for a period it keeps happening, then it stops, then it somehow starts again and so on. Today I checked the dump file generated by Windows but I can't understand what's the reason behind this BSOD, so I'm pasting here the result of...
  3. Random BSOD - Memory Management Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD - Memory Management Error: I'm keep getting this BSOD sometimes for a period it keeps happening, then it stops, then it somehow starts again and so on. Today I checked the dump file generated by Windows but I can't understand what's the reason behind this BSOD, so I'm pasting here the result of...
  4. BSOD CODE MEMORY MANAGMENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD CODE MEMORY MANAGMENT: HELLO,i am facing this issue multiple time my laptop start creating grinding noise sometime sound stops but sometime i receive BSOD error code memory management and yesterday with grinding sound i also recieve error code kernel data inpage error.because of noise i am thinking...
  5. BSOD CODE MEMORY MANAGMENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD CODE MEMORY MANAGMENT: HELLO,i am facing this issue multiple time my laptop start creating grinding noise sometime sound stops but sometime i receive BSOD error code memory management and yesterday with grinding sound i also recieve error code kernel data inpage error.because of noise i am thinking...
  6. BSOD CODE MEMORY MANAGMENT

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. BSOD code "memory management"

BSOD code "memory management": Hi all, and thank you for taking the time to assist me.I am getting a BSOD error, MEMORY MANAGEMENT. I am fairly certain it is a software-related driver issue.I followed another guide on here, ran verifier.exe, selected the drivers, and restarted. Boot loop does this confirm...
  8. Memory management error and random freezes.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Memory management error and random freezes.: I just this error after upgrading to version 2004. Prior 1909 did not have this problem. History: After I upgraded to 2004 I started experiencing freezes. I initialy thought it could be cables or case going bad causing shorts so bought dvi and hdmi cables and a new case....
  9. BSOD crash code memory management

BSOD crash code memory management: My Lenovo X270 crashes with the stop code memory management and i am not sure if its my RAM or SSD with the error. Below is the information from the memory dump file Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.20153.1000 AMD64Copyright c Microsoft Corporation. All rights...
  10. Random BSOD Memory Management issue...

Random BSOD Memory Management issue...: Hi I was wondering if someone can help me before I lose my sanity. I built a new system in September and things were going OK until the recent 1511 update to Windows 10. Since then I've been getting a lot of BSOD errors pointing to MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. I ran Memtest for around...