Windows 10: Random freezes during normal use

Discus and support Random freezes during normal use in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone I recently encountered an issue with my computer. It randomly starts to freeze I'm not sure if its a driver problem because I have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gabeg, Apr 23, 2017.

1. gabeg Win User

Random freezes during normal use

Hello everyone I recently encountered an issue with my computer. It randomly starts to freeze I'm not sure if its a driver problem because I have the latest drivers for my graphics card which is a R9 270X. It occurs randomly when I'm using my computer, what I usually see is a bunch of green lines and then it freezes. It also happens every other day randomly. These are the details that I managed to get from event viewer:

Log Name: System
    Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
    Date: 4/23/2017 8:34:48 PM
    Event ID: 41
    Task Category: (63)Level:
    CriticalKeywords: (70368744177664),(2)
    User: SYSTEM
    Computer: Gabe-PC
    Description:The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.Event Xml:<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" /> <EventID>41</EventID> <Version>5</Version> <Level>1</Level> <Task>63</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-04-24T00:34:48.086408500Z" /> <EventRecordID>866</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>Gabe-PC</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data> <Data Name="SleepInProgress">0</Data> <Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data> <Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data> <Data Name="Checkpoint">0</Data> <Data Name="ConnectedStandbyInProgress">false</Data> <Data Name="SystemSleepTransitionsToOn">8</Data> <Data Name="CsEntryScenarioInstanceId">0</Data> <Data Name="BugcheckInfoFromEFI">true</Data> </EventData></Event>

:)

gabeg, Apr 23, 2017
  2. redhonker Win User
    redhonker, Apr 23, 2017
  3. Moninerd Win User
    Freezing after KB4015217 update?

I understand that, but I'm not trying to install anything. This freezing happens during normal use of my computer

Moninerd, Apr 23, 2017
  4. Random freezes during normal use

This freezing is often caused by the display driver and can be rectified by uninstalling and reinstalling.Before you try that,check your Reliability History.If there are any red flags and if the only option given is----check for a solution----RIGHT click on the --check etc---and left click on ---view tech details---,this should present a data page and you can use these lines;
    problem event name
    code
    bucket ID
    to search the card makers site and/or Microsoft for info about the problem.Because of the variation in hardware/software combinations rarely is there a one fix fits all.
    DDU,driver display uninstaller is an excellent tool to remove all bits of the driver before reinstalling.

joeandmarg0, Apr 23, 2017
  5. I've seen a failing hard disk cause random freezes. Download a S.M.A.R.T utility (like CrystalDiskInfo) and make sure your hard disk is ok.

mahoneycutt, Apr 23, 2017
  6. gabeg Win User
    i tried to reinstall the drivers and still it freezes i even did a clean install and still it freezes

gabeg, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Random freezes during normal use

1. Random freezes during normal use - Similar Threads - Random freezes during

2. Bluescreen during normal use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluescreen during normal use: I've got multiple bluescreens this month during normal activity. I'm doing my normal health checks now but can I ask someone to examine the minidumps to see what it could be?DISM and SFC both came up without an issue being found. There seems to be no sign of when it will...
  3. Bluescreen during normal use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluescreen during normal use: I've got multiple bluescreens this month during normal activity. I'm doing my normal health checks now but can I ask someone to examine the minidumps to see what it could be?DISM and SFC both came up without an issue being found. There seems to be no sign of when it will...
  4. Bluescreen during normal use

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Blue screen during normal use.

Blue screen during normal use.: My computer is old so blue screens aren't that rare, one per 2 months roughly.I'm just checking to see if it's something that can be fixed by updating software.Here is the minidump and a picture of the blue screen:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9oJoV-t7G1SNsthlg?e=f0f6Gh...
  6. Blue screen during normal use.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen during normal use.: My computer is old so blue screens aren't that rare, one per 2 months roughly.I'm just checking to see if it's something that can be fixed by updating software.Here is the minidump and a picture of the blue screen:https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9oJoV-t7G1SNsthlg?e=f0f6Gh...
  7. Blue screen during normal use.

8. Blue screen during normal use.

Blue screen during normal use.: My computer just encountered a bluescreen during normal use.Here is the minidump and images of the bluescreenhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9k2N3e08tiJ-_sFKw?e=vlm7PRI'm worried about it as it said "Critical structure corruption" on the blue screen.Thank you for any help...
  9. Blue screen during normal use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen during normal use: Hey, my computer just encountered a bluescreen during normal use.Here is the minidump and images of the bluescreenhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9IuJAEJwd33VLjz9w?e=I9SYQCI'm updating my drivers now and that could fix it but I want to know if it's something else just in...
  10. Blue screen during normal use

Blue screen during normal use: Hey, my computer just encountered a bluescreen during normal use.Here is the minidump and images of the bluescreenhttps://1drv.ms/u/s!AmYg1GPVTXZwg9IuJAEJwd33VLjz9w?e=I9SYQCI'm updating my drivers now and that could fix it but I want to know if it's something else just in...