Windows 10: Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

Discus and support Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 1) Are your files backed up? 2) Have you made an image of the drive using Macrium? 3) If you don't have any important files or have the files backed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buncieboy, Jul 24, 2017.

1. zbook New Member

Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

1) Are your files backed up?
    2) Have you made an image of the drive using Macrium?
    3) If you don't have any important files or have the files backed up then performing a clean install is useful as it immediately removes possible operating system and registry problems.
    4) To perform a clean install please create a bootable windows 10 iso: Download Windows 10
    5) in this link there is text and images on how to perform a clean install with deletion of partitions: Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials
    6) The computer has 8 GB of RAM and performing a Memtest86+ should take approximately 1 - 2 hours /GB of RAM
    So please repeat the Memtest86+ (not memtest but memtest86+) for 8 or more passes.
    The number of passes is critical. It must be 8 or more passes to reduce the number of false negatives.
    The more passes the better.
    Please use a camera or smart phone camera to take pictures and post images into the thread.
    Just 1 errror is a fail. If there is a fail then test 1 RAM at a time in the same DIMM for 8 or more passes and post images into the thread.

zbook, Aug 6, 2017
  2. buncieboy Win User

Is the only way to remove drivers to do a clean install, just that I need the pc and did a clean install back in april?

May I ask why I need to repeat it, it cleary showed 14 passes with no errors with memtest86+ v5.01?

buncieboy, Aug 6, 2017
  3. zbook New Member
    The computer hardware over time changes and sometimes retesting finds failures.
    Scannow and Reatorehealth only fix some parts of the operating system.
    There are false positives and false negatives with every test. There is no test that is always 100% accurate.
    So testing is sometimes repeated when searching for problems and how to fix them.

zbook, Aug 6, 2017
  4. buncieboy Win User

I will do memtest as soon as I can, but the pass count for this RAM is now around 65 with no issues.

Two of the drivers have been removed, do the other two need reinstalling?

buncieboy, Aug 6, 2017
  5. zbook New Member
    The drivers for software that you don't use can be uninstalled.
    The drivers that you do need and that had produced bsod need to be reinstalled.
    Download and install everything:
    voidtools
    It can run on boot or run when you need it.
    It will index everything on internal and external drivers.
    When a character is entered it will produce instantaneous results.
    The more characters that are entered the narrower the search results.
    For those drivers that you have uninstalled please enter the drivers into everything and make sure that they are uninstalled.
    Turn off windows update of non-Microsoft drivers:

Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

For Nvidia
    The best way to fix the misbehaving Nvidia driver is to uninstall everything Nvidia using Display driver uninstaller and install new drivers from the computer manufacturer's website or from the Nvidia website.

The computer manufacturer's web site is preferred. Enter the computer's serial or product number and the operating system to view available drivers.

If you use the Nvidia web site be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the graphics driver and the physx driver.

Official Display Driver Uninstaller DDU Download

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.7.2

Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use - Windows 7 Help Forums[2]=Hardware%20and%20Drivers

NVIDIA

If you can start from a clean install that is the best option and then you don't need to uninstall any drivers. You will need to install new drivers.
    It helps a great deal as a clean install is a great starting point to eliminate a lot of other problems.

Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

zbook, Aug 6, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    The clean install is preferred as it will eliminate confounding factors.
    If you can't do a clean install the drivers need to be uninstalled again as they were recurrent bsod.
    It's a puzzle as to why there are so many recurrent bsod for the same driver.
    Were they uninstalled and reinstalled?
    How were the steps performed?
    These must be uninstalled and reinstalled:
    nvlddmkm.sys...... recurrent
    jnprns.sys..............new
    The others depend upon whether you use the products.

zbook, Aug 6, 2017
  7. buncieboy Win User
    I have removed the jnprns and the VBox(something) from the PC. The other two will be cleanly reinstalled/updated, will post again with any issues!

buncieboy, Aug 6, 2017
  8. zbook New Member

zbook, Aug 6, 2017
  9. buncieboy Win User
    Still getting issues, pc worked fine for 30 mins then BSOD'd, BSOD'd on restart and then froze 3 mins into use. I have tested prime 95 and it doesn't seem to be heat related. I will update the drivers as mentioned above, only issue is I can't seem to remove the jnprns.sys driver despite uninstalling the program. Will post log collector as soon as pc is stable

buncieboy, Aug 11, 2017
  10. zbook New Member
    There was 1 bsod mini dump file debugged from 8/11 and this did not display a definitive misbehaving driver.
    There were 2 bsod noted in windows error reporting.
    When was the last time you had windows driver verifier on?

Code: BugCheck C0000145, {ffffffffc0000006, 0, 0, 0}Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!NtSetSystemPowerState+963c )[/quote]

zbook, Aug 11, 2017
  11. buncieboy Win User
    Verifier was ran soon after the start of this thread (around 2 weeks ago). Finally been able to reinstall all the drivers (and remove the one that refused to be), will see how that goes!

buncieboy, Aug 12, 2017
  12. zbook New Member
    The misbehaving driver needs to be fixed for the lastest bsod.
    Please create a brand new restore point.
    Review the methods to turn off Windows driver verifier.
    Please restart windows driver verifier when you have time to work on the bsod.
    After each bsod you will turn off windows driver verifier, return to the desktop, run each bluescreenview and whocrashed, uninstall and reinstall the misbehaving driver, and post a new zip so that we can guide you through the troubleshooting.
    Once all misbehaving drivers have been fixed plan to run windows driver verifier for 36 hours of typical computer use. If there are no more bsod that will conclude the troubleshooting process.

BSOD - Posting Instructions - Windows 10 Forums

Driver Verifier-- tracking down a mis-behaving driver. - Microsoft Community

Enable and Disable Driver Verifier in Windows 10 Windows 10 Performance Maintenance Tutorials

zbook, Aug 12, 2017
  13. buncieboy Win User

So I just had my first crash in a few days again, without verifier on, blue screen view and whocrashed turned up nothing for me. The only thing I have noticed is the address in stack column is the same value for the crash on the 6th as it was today (ntoskrnl.exe+3c564)
    Should I now turn verifier on?
    Attached the log collector.
    Link for memory.dmp Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

buncieboy, Aug 16, 2017
  14. zbook New Member
    There was 1 mini dump file and when debugged it did not indicate a definitive driver.
    It did indicate memory corruption.
    The memory dump is still downloading.

Code: BugCheck F7, {5981d79935e0, c43286db445d, ffff3bcd7924bba2, 0}Probably caused by : memory_corruptionFollowup: memory_corruption[/quote] Code: 16/08/2017 21:46 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: f7 P2: 5981d79935e0 P3: c43286db445d P4: ffff3bcd7924bba2 P5: 0 P6: 10_0_15063 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081617-25843-01.dmp \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-95265-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD5EF.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD6E9.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD738.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\Kernel_f7_72f7b4e8375b1e96a3d26698f46df3829f59a34_00000000_cab_1bb83583 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: 74accded-0a31-4d57-98bb-976174e67fbe Report Status: 2049 Hashed bucket:16/08/2017 21:46 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: f7 P2: 5981d79935e0 P3: c43286db445d P4: ffff3bcd7924bba2 P5: 0 P6: 10_0_15063 P7: 0_0 P8: 768_1 P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\081617-25843-01.dmp \\?\C:\Windows\Temp\WER-95265-0.sysdata.xml \\?\C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD5EF.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD6E9.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERD738.tmp.txt These files may be available here: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\Kernel_f7_72f7b4e8375b1e96a3d26698f46df3829f59a34_00000000_0343d756 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: 74accded-0a31-4d57-98bb-976174e67fbe Report Status: 4 Hashed bucket:16/08/2017 21:01 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 129524330137, type 5 Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: League of Legends.exe P2: 7.16.198.3567 P3: 10.0.15063.2.0.0 P4: P5: P6: P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\Users\ETHANH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\RDRE4FF.tmp\empty.txt \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE510.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE52C.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WERE55C.tmp.txt These files may be available here: Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: 1083611a-e386-4d6c-bc25-012079044c4e Report Status: 268435456 Hashed bucket: baab16136561efbd91a76058fa01e73a16/08/2017 20:56 Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket 129524338029, type 5 Event Name: RADAR_PRE_LEAK_WOW64 Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: LeagueClientUxRender.exe P2: 7.16.198.3278 P3: 10.0.15063.2.0.0 P4: P5: P6: P7: P8: P9: P10: Attached files: \\?\C:\Users\ETHANH~1\AppData\Local\Temp\RDR5256.tmp\empty.txt \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER5266.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER52C3.tmp.csv \\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER52E3.tmp.txt These files may be available here: Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: 5dfcbea0-fcef-49a2-acb2-36868b3fd2e0 Report Status: 268435456 Hashed bucket: 7f468d4455cefccbb5fcf3cf2bb4422a[/quote]

zbook, Aug 16, 2017
  15. Spectrum Win User
    In the memory.dmp you posted, I see a lot of occurences of nvlddmkm.sys, the nvidia display driver.

Please make sure your Nvidia GTX 660 has the latest driver installed.

Spectrum, Aug 16, 2017
Thema:

1. Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) - Similar Threads - Random freezes BSODs

2. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  3. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random freezing - Driver Verifier BSOD

Random freezing - Driver Verifier BSOD: So my PC has been having random, unexplained crashes for several months, but almost always when idle and when I'm not around - so I never get to see the BSOD. I never find anything in Event Viewer. Today I ran Driver Verifier which finally forced the faulting driver to BSOD...
  6. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  7. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  8. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  9. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...
  10. Bsod/freeze at random

Bsod/freeze at random: at random times my pc will get bsod or just freeze and i need to restart. 90% of the times i turn the pc on it happens after 5-10 minutes and can then be good for several hours later. don't know what causes this, anyone have an idea? 82593