Windows 10: Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

Discus and support Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As mentioned earlier the 14 passes last week made it over 65 passes of memtest with no errors, is it likely something has changed in less than a week?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by buncieboy, Jul 24, 2017.

1. buncieboy Win User

Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers)

As mentioned earlier the 14 passes last week made it over 65 passes of memtest with no errors, is it likely something has changed in less than a week?

That is the most up to date non beta bios.

Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) [​IMG]

Ideally I would need chrome, OSbuddy, synapse. I could settle for MS edge and OSRS.

buncieboy, Aug 20, 2017
  2. zbook New Member

Post download install links to the non-Microsoft software that you must use.
    It is import to have viewable results in the thread so that any Ten Forums member can see and comment on the testing method and the results.
    Perform the clean install when you have time to troubleshoot.
    The Memtest86+ can be done overnight with 8 GB of RAM at 1 -2 hours /GB if you have some time the following day.
    After the clean install plan to use: windows driver verifier, and hardware stress tests with temperature monitoring.
    The maximal period or observational time is needed as drivers are slowly installed so that misbehaving drivers can be identified.
    It will be challenging if you have limited time.
    So it is far from ideal testing conditions.
    It will be a fresh registry and operating system for the testing.
    The memtest86+ can be done anytime as it is not dependent on the operating system.
    So if you want to wait until next weekend for the clean install that can be planned.

zbook, Aug 20, 2017
  3. buncieboy Win User
    I don't think I will time for a clean install for many months, is there nothing else we can try?

As mentioned before I would have posted an image, however I had a power cut, but it had run 14 passes with no errors last time I checked.

https://rsbuddy.com/osbuddy

buncieboy, Aug 20, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

In the forums there have been many tests that were ordered and they were performed with different software or with improper testing. For example with Memtest86+ some have used Memtest, some have used older versions of Memtest86+, some disregard 1 or more fails and considered it a pass.
    So we require visuals of the test results.
    We must see that the testing was done properly and evaluate the results.
    With so many misbehaving drivers and recurrent misbehaving drivers the testing is best done with a clean install.

zbook, Aug 20, 2017
  5. buncieboy Win User
    It was done with memtest86+ v5.01 testing all 8gb of ram, it had exactly 0 fails after at least 14 passes. I understand you require visualisation of the results however I do not have a photo to post, but I guarantee you that is correct.

buncieboy, Aug 20, 2017
  6. zbook New Member
    For all of the tests we need to have images in the thread.
    If you had 64 GB or 32 GB of RAM it would take a very long time.
    Software and Hardware change with time and use.
    Software gets corrupt. Hardware can be impacted any time with inadequate cooling or electric problems
    The computer has 8 GB RAM and that test can be repeated overnight.
    Again we need to have documentation of the the testing and the results in the thread.

zbook, Aug 20, 2017
  7. buncieboy Win User
    It makes no sense that you need a photo, I can run it to show you that its the correct version, but I simply do not have time to repeat it, I am not an imbecile, I ran the correct version, more than enough times with no errors.

buncieboy, Aug 20, 2017
  8. buncieboy Win User

PC froze again, no BSOD.

buncieboy, Aug 20, 2017
  9. philc43 Win User
    I was involved at the beginning of this thread but then others took over and I thought you had stopped getting BSOD events. I have just gone back to your last posting of logfiles and it is clear that you had driver verifier on at that point in time.

Have you now turned verifier off and am I right in thinking that you do not get BSOD events now but only have the freeze problem?

I noticed you had a good clean out of the fans and this probably made a big difference.

Did you also check the power supply and give the inside of that unit a good clean? Dust also builds up inside the PSU case and fan and this can cause the PSU to overheat and give voltage instability.

philc43, Aug 20, 2017
  10. buncieboy Win User
    I did give give the PSU a clean as well as best as I could.
    Issues are now less common but are still occurring, and it still blue screens as well as just freezing.
    verifier is on, I will post the logs when I'm next able to sign in.

buncieboy, Aug 21, 2017
  11. philc43 Win User
    Thanks for the update, you should not run with Verifier ON for more than 48h. After this time if there were no BSOD events I would rather you tested the PC with Verifier OFF.

philc43, Aug 21, 2017
  12. buncieboy Win User
    So it blue screened in usage, shutdown when I tried to sign in, then waited a bit turned back on and crashed on sign in again, ready to shoot the pc now, will post logs asap!

its worth mentioning that it has been working fine the last few days (a few minor crashes) but generally stable, it seems to flicker between that and this.

buncieboy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Random freezes or BSODs (In windows drivers) - Similar Threads - Random freezes BSODs

2. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  3. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random bsods and freezing: I'm getting random bsods and occasionally my PC will freeze so that I have to manually power it off. I've tried resetting windows, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, etc. Here is a folder with a few of the most recent dump files:...
  4. Random bsods and freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Random freezing - Driver Verifier BSOD

Random freezing - Driver Verifier BSOD: So my PC has been having random, unexplained crashes for several months, but almost always when idle and when I'm not around - so I never get to see the BSOD. I never find anything in Event Viewer. Today I ran Driver Verifier which finally forced the faulting driver to BSOD...
  6. Random BSOD and freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Random BSOD and freezing: I purchased a PC a month or so ago and have been experiencing random BSOD and freezing. It seems to happen any time as I can't find a trigger. I'm not doing anything specific other than every day use. The BSOD seems to happen at least a couple times a week and the freezing,...
  7. Random freezes and BSODs

Random freezes and BSODs: I have a Sony VAIO laptop, model SVE14A290X, which had Windows 8.1 installed on it. I waited until late December 2015 to upgrade to Windows 10, and followed all of the instructions and driver downloads given on the Sony website.But since then I've been having regular freezes...
  8. Random Freezes/BSoDs?

Random Freezes/BSoDs?: Hello everyone. I have recently been receiving constant freezes (hard freezes, can't do anything, computer is still running but Gpu fans stop, monitor freezes, controls lock up, etc.) and BSoDs. To add some backstory, this just randomly started happening about 4 months after...
  9. Random freeze and BSOD

Random freeze and BSOD: Hi, i have random freeze and BSOD with various errors. dumps as requested by stickythread are attached. i will provide more dumps when the problem will happen again. Thank you. The problem was caused by the motherboard (BIOS P1.90), it seems that does not...
  10. Bsod/freeze at random

Bsod/freeze at random: at random times my pc will get bsod or just freeze and i need to restart. 90% of the times i turn the pc on it happens after 5-10 minutes and can then be good for several hours later. don't know what causes this, anyone have an idea? 82593